Is the weather too hot or humid for comfort? If so, you need some serious cooling power. Portable air conditioners, such as fans, can provide some relief. But then, they tend to take up too much space. Not to mention, most are noisier. What you need are window air conditioners. Once installed, it pretty much blends into your surroundings. Aside from providing incredible cooling power, they also keep the level of humidity to a minimum. But then, what are the best window air conditioners to consider this summer?
Well, you don’t have to sweat it out. We’ve hand-picked the top-performing window air conditioners from reliable brands. Read more to find out what suits you best.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Window Air Conditioners Reviews
- 10. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU Mini Window Air Conditioners with Remote Control
- 9. Friedrich Chill CP06G10B 6000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
- 8. LG LW8016ER 8,000 BTU Window-Mounted Air Conditioner
- 7. TOSOT 10,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner – Window AC for Bedroom & Living Room
- 6. Frigidaire FFRA0511R1E 5,000 BTU Small Air Conditioner with Mechanical Controls
- 5. Emerson EARC6RE1 Quiet Kool 6,000 Btu Window Air Conditioner
- 4. Keystone Window-Mounted Air Conditioner
- 3. ARCTIC Wind Energy Star 6,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
- 2. Whirlpool 5,000 BTU Window-Mounted Air Conditioner
- 1. AMANA 5,000 BTU Window-Mounted Air Conditioner
Table of the Best Window Air Conditioners Reviews
10. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU Mini Window Air Conditioners with Remote Control
There’s a ton of reasons that make this air conditioner a top seller. First is the price factor. In fact, it’s a steal compared to other models in the same class. Were we to rate, it would easily feature among the best, less-expensive units. Again, you’ll be happy to hear that it’s Energy Star Rated. So, this is a unit that will save you from sky-high energy costs.
This air conditioner has a cooling power of 5,000 BTUs. Hence, it’s a decent option for cooling a single room, up to 150 square feet. Above all, it has a full remote function and convenient temperature display. Thus, it’s easy to control temperature and fan speed with great precision.
- The mini-compact design saves space
- Electronic controls make it easier to set the comfort level
- 150 square feet cooling area makes it a decent choice for single rooms
9. Friedrich Chill CP06G10B 6000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
The sleek and stylish design gives this air conditioner a fresh look. So, it can pretty much serve as a decor piece. The fan can cool down rooms up to 250 square feet. What we love most is that it operates with minimal noise. According to our research, it’s 60% quieter than most comparable models. That means it won’t keep you awake all night. Again, the fan oscillates to provide uniform cooling across the entire room.
Also, this is an Energy Star model. And the best part, it has a 24-hour timer. Hence, you can easily program on/off times to save even more energy. The fan has 3 airspeeds and comes with automatic louvres for even air circulation.
- Slide-out chassis enables easy cleaning and maintenance
- Automatic louvres encourage uniform air distribution
- Ultra-quiet operation
- 250 square feet cooling area makes it suitable for the master bedroom
8. LG LW8016ER 8,000 BTU Window-Mounted Air Conditioner
Sometimes, moving with the masses makes sense. And were we to judge by the number of positive feedback, this unit will easily steal the day. Though it’s among the smallest in the LG line, it offers exceptional cooling. It can cover 340 square feet, making it ideal for large master bedrooms. Also, it has three speeds for flexible cooling.
Like the above models, it has an energy-saver option. Again, it features a sleep mode and a 24-hour timer. These add more to its energy-saving capabilities. Furthermore, this window fan includes a full-function remote. Thus, you can adjust temperature and speed from the comfort of your bed.
- 340 square feet cooling area makes it suitable for large master bedrooms
- Anti-corrosion coating prolongs the service life
- Varying speeds offer flexible cooling
7. TOSOT 10,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner – Window AC for Bedroom & Living Room
Some rooms have pretty high ceilings. Not to mention, others receive lots of traffic. If such is the case, you might want to consider sizing up. And for that, we have this 10,000 BTU air conditioner. It can cool spaces up to 450 square feet. Hence, it’s not only ideal for a large master bedroom but also for a small apartment.
The set room temperature, in most cases, is never the same as the temperature around you. Well, this air conditioner solves the problem with its smart remote control. It has a built-in sensor that lets the air conditioner cool the room based on the temperature around the remote. Above all, this unit is Energy-Star rated to lower utility bills.
- Smart remote control offer precision cooling
- 450 square feet cooling area is suitable for large open spaces
- A more responsive light-touch control panel
6. Frigidaire FFRA0511R1E 5,000 BTU Small Air Conditioner with Mechanical Controls
This air conditioner is among the least expensive. Surprisingly, it turns out to be our most favourite pick. It lacks a remote, digital thermostat, and a timer. Despite that, it has a ridiculously large number of positive feedback, and for a good reason. First, it’s a fairly compact unit. Not to mention, it’s easy to install. In fact, you only need a screwdriver to fit in place.
Again, it has seven temperature settings and two cooling modes. Well, that’s more than you can ask for considering the price. For the record, this air conditioner cools spaces up to 150 square feet. Overall, it’s among the best for fuss-free operation and installation.
- Fuss-free mechanical controls
- Compact space-saving design
- Quiet operation
- Budget-buy for single rooms up to 150 square feet
5. Emerson EARC6RE1 Quiet Kool 6,000 Btu Window Air Conditioner
Emerson is among the oldest, well-respected air conditioner brands. As the name suggests, it makes one of the quietest air conditioners. Take this model, for instance. It has a noise level of 41dB at the lowest airspeed. Hence, it’s an excellent option in rooms where noise is a concern. It delivers 6,000 BTU that cools rooms up to 250 square feet.
This air conditioner has an electronic temperature control of 62 to 86 degrees F. Again, it has eight louvres that make it easier to direct air where you need it most. Furthermore, this is an Energy-Star unit. Thus, it will drastically cut down on utility bills.
- Low noise level of 41dB makes it ideal for bedroom areas
- Eight louvres direct airflow where you want it
- User-friendly LED display for easy reading
- 250 square feet coverage makes it a decent choice for the master bedroom
4. Keystone Window-Mounted Air Conditioner
Off all the features, the temperature-sensing remote control is perhaps the most outstanding. It’s more of smart remote control that enables you to set and maintain room temperature while on the bed or from across the room. In fact, it’s a feature-packed remote complete with an LCD display.
Again, this air conditioner has a memory function. In the event that power is restored, it restarts automatically on the last setting. This unit has 5,000 BTUs of cooling power. As such, it makes a suitable choice for rooms of up to 150 square feet.
- Temperature-sensing LCD remote control lets you control the temperature from across the room
- Memory function saves your setting in the event of a power outage
- 150 square feet coverage makes it suitable for single rooms
3. ARCTIC Wind Energy Star 6,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
Arctic Wind air conditioner is another decent choice for a single room. It’s rated at 6,000 BTUs, making it ideal for spaces up to 260 square feet. Well, that’s quite impressive as comparable models only manage 250 square feet. And from the name, this is an Energy-Star air conditioner. So, it not only cools better but does so while consuming less power.
Also, this air conditioner has a memory function that recalls your last setting. Moreover, it has a feature-packed digital control panel. It keeps all controls in one place for fuss-free operation.
- 260 square feet cooling area is quite impressive for a 6,000 BTU air conditioner
- Auto-restart feature saves you last setting during a power outage
- A feature-packed control panel gives many options on how you want it to run
2. Whirlpool 5,000 BTU Window-Mounted Air Conditioner
This air conditioner prioritizes ease of use. Take the mechanical rotary dials, for instance. Unlike the electronic controls, they’re less complicated. As such, they allow for fuss-free use. This air conditioner is by far the smallest that Whirlpool has to offer. Nevertheless, 5,000 BTU from such a compact unit is quite impressive. It will easily meet your cooling needs in rooms of up to 150 square feet.
This model doesn’t enjoy the Energy Star certification. But with such size, it doesn’t draw lots of power. Also, the unit automatically starts once power is restored after a power outage.
- User-friendly intuitive mechanical dials
- Eight directional louvres direct air where you need it
- 150 square feet cooling capacity makes it ideal for small rooms
- Extra-long 5.9-feet power cord
1. AMANA 5,000 BTU Window-Mounted Air Conditioner
Amana air conditioner is among the best budget buys. Though it costs less, it gets top marks from our tester. First, it has a clutter-free control panel. In fact, it has only two dials for temperature and mode. As a result, it enables straightforward usage. Again, this is a compact unit built for portability. At 5,000 BTU, it cools a space of up to 150 square feet.
The filter is removable for washing, which makes maintenance a breeze. As with most models, it has 8 louvres. Hence, it’s easy to direct airflow where you need it the most. Overall, it’s a decent buy for a small AC unit that delivers some serious cooling power.
- Straightforward mechanical dial controls
- 150 square feet cooling area make it ideal for dorm rooms and small bedrooms
- Quiet operation (Half as noisy as the 6,000 BTU digital version)