Standard dishwashers can take valuable space in the kitchen. Not to mention, some tend to use more water and energy than simple hand washing. However, that shouldn’t shatter your dreams of owning a dishwasher. Welcome to the world of small dishwashers. These units are super-efficient. So, if you don’t have space for a standard dishwasher, a dishwasher is your best bet. It consumes less water per cycle and offers a sleek look that compliments the rest of your kitchen. But then, what are the best compact dishwashers on the market?
Well, there are several things that make a perfect small dishwasher. However, high-quality construction, leak-proof design, and performance ranks high on the list. Quiet operation and easy loading come a close second. Considering all these, here is our list of the top best dishwashers.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Small Dishwashers Reviews
- 10. hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher for Small Apartment Office & Home Kitchen
- 9. EdgeStar DWP62SV Energy Star Rated Small Portable Dishwasher
- 8. BLACK+DECKER BCD6W Compact Countertop Dishwasher
- 7. Danby New Model DDW621WDB White Countertop Dishwasher
- 6. Magic Chef Energy Star MCSCD6W5 Countertop Dishwasher
- 5. DELLA Portable Mini Countertop Dishwasher
- 4. Fisher Paykel DD24SAX9N Full Console Stainless Steel Dishwasher
- 3. SOLOROCK 6 Settings White Countertop Dishwasher
- 2. Sunbeam DWSB3602GWW Small Dishwashers
- 1. Fisher Paykel DD24SAX9 Full Console Stainless Steel Dishwasher
Table of the Best Small Dishwashers Reviews
10. hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher for Small Apartment Office & Home Kitchen
This dishwasher is pretty compact. And if you need something that fits on a countertop, this unit will do. Despite the small size, it has an excellent holding capacity. The dish basket, for instance, has two sections for cutlery, mugs, and glasses. More importantly, it has 6 wash cycles. As a result, it can easily accommodate different dish-washing needs. You can choose from normal, heavy, light, glass, and soak. Apart from that, you can select the desired rinsing speed. Alternatively, it has an option for postponing the wash cycle.
This unit is energy efficient, depending on the mode you choose. For the most part, it uses between 1.14 to 3.3 litres of water. It has a sturdy stainless steel interior. Furthermore, the dishwasher includes a buzzer. Therefore, it can alert you once the washing cycle is complete.
- Built-in heater eliminates the need for hot water hookup
- Comprises both male and female thread for hassle-free connection
- Rinse aid dispenser dries dishes without leaving marks
9. EdgeStar DWP62SV Energy Star Rated Small Portable Dishwasher
EdgeStar DWP62SV is built with young parents in mind. Plus, this is a dishwasher that does more than wash dishes. For instance, it can sterilize bottles and feeders. In addition, the dishwasher has a child lock feature. This makes it an excellent choice for families with small kids. Also, it has a wear-resistant stainless steel interior. So, it can easily hold up well to extensive daily use. It comprises a dish rack, cutlery basket, and a cup shelf. Altogether, it has the capacity to hold dishes for a family of up to 4.
Overall, this dishwasher has 7 wash cycles. It has no impact on your energy and water bills. As a matter of fact, each cycle consumes about 0.36kWh. And in terms of water, it consumes less than 3 gallons.
- Rolling system makes it easy to load and unload dishes
- The quick-connect adapter fits all standard kitchen faucets
- Excellent at eliminating grease
- Runs fairly quiet (52dB)
8. BLACK+DECKER BCD6W Compact Countertop Dishwasher
Black and Decker dishwasher offers an easy loading feature. The dish rack, for instance, slides out easily. So, loading and offloading is a piece of cake. Though compact, it has a spacious interior to hold more dishes. The best part, it’s made of durable stainless steel. This dishwasher has 7 wash programs. More importantly, it’s energy certified. Hence, each cycle uses less water and electricity than most models.
Additionally, it has electronic controls. Thus, it’s a whole lot easier to pick your settings. Above all, this dishwasher comes with a child lock to keep your little ones safe.
- User-friendly control panel
- Attractive design easily blends into most kitchen cabinets
- High-efficiency rating saves water and electricity bills
7. Danby New Model DDW621WDB White Countertop Dishwasher
This is a small dishwasher with an excellent plate holding capacity. Overall, it has 6 wash programs. The intensive mode, in particular, makes light work of oily and sticky plates. Additionally, it comes with a silverware basket for cutlery. And together with the 6 placing capacity, this dishwasher makes a suitable choice for medium to large families. Simple press buttons make it easy to operate.
More importantly, it has three delay options from between 2 to 8 hours. This dishwasher runs relatively quieter, producing a noise level of 52dB.
- Energy-start compliant (uses 3.1 gallons of water in every wash)
- The automatic detergent dispenser allows for more efficient cleaning
- Pretty easy to hook up to any tap
6. Magic Chef Energy Star MCSCD6W5 Countertop Dishwasher
This dishwasher stands just over 17 inches tall. Hence, it makes a perfect choice for most countertops. It includes a single rack that holds up to 6 plates in one go. Auto detergent dispenser and rinse dispenser make cleaning and drying more efficient. Moreover, this dishwasher offers 6 wash programs that are easy to monitor with the help of the electronic LED display. Similar to most high-end dishwashers, this unit is energy star compliant. Hence, it will more likely save you a lot in water and electricity bills.
- Removable EZ Clean filter filters out chemicals and debris
- Floating switch and anti-flood device for added safety
- Fuss-free button controls
5. DELLA Portable Mini Countertop Dishwasher
Della dishwasher is extremely easy to set up. And thanks to the user-friendly controls, this dishwasher is equally easy to operate. Light indicators, for instance, keep you informed on the ongoing wash cycle. Like most models out there, it has 6 modes of washing to suit different washing needs. Should you choose, you can delay washing by up to 8 hours. Also, this dishwasher is pretty small and lightweight, making it perfect for RV, boats, small apartments, and more.
Plus, if you love travelling, this is one portable dishwasher that won’t fail you. Furthermore, it can drain directly into a sink, making it one of the best in respect of user-convenience.
- The built-in heater heats water up to 148°F for more hygienic cleaning
- The powerful spray offers a thorough wash
- Two colour options (black and white)
4. Fisher Paykel DD24SAX9N Full Console Stainless Steel Dishwasher
This is not only a dishwasher but also a dish drawer. The drawer system, in particular, operates relatively quiet. Hence, it’s less likely to cause any disturbance during operation. It has 6 programs, which includes an option for delicate dishes. Though it’s compact, this dishwasher has a reasonable height to keep you from bending a lot when loading and unloading dishes. While most dishwashers have 6 place settings, this particular model has 7. And instead of one cutlery basket, it has two. As a result, it can wash more dishes in one cycle.
- Runs incredibly quiet at 45dB
- Efficient fan-assisted drying
- SmartDrive motor technology creates more space for dishes
- Fold-away racks and tines allow for easy storage
3. SOLOROCK 6 Settings White Countertop Dishwasher
This dishwasher continues to receive positive feedback from lots of customers. In the first place, it’s pretty compact. And as the name suggests, you can comfortably use on a countertop. Also, this dishwasher has 6 wash cycles. So, it can pretty accommodate all your washing needs. It comes complete with a cutlery basket and shelf cup. Hence, organizing your dishes becomes a piece of cake. Moreover, this dishwasher has a quick-connect adapter and a 5-foot hose. Thus, it can easily hook up to almost any kitchen faucet.
- Extra-long power cord ( 6 foot 4 inches)
- Compact space-saving design
2. Sunbeam DWSB3602GWW Small Dishwashers
Sunbeam dishwasher can sit on any level countertop. The best part, it doesn’t require special plumbing. In one batch, it fits up to six place settings. Also, depending on your requirements, you can select from 6 wash cycles. The dishwasher has LED lights. These indicate the end of the cycle, water failure, and rinse aid. Moreover, this dishwasher is energy star certified. So, it can save a great deal of money on water and electricity bills. The interior is made entirely of stainless steel.
Thus, this is one stylish dishwasher that will enhance the look of your kitchen. Above all, this dishwasher is specially designed for easy and quick installation.
- Spacious interior (6 place settings)
- High-quality stainless steel construction
- Water and energy efficient
1. Fisher Paykel DD24SAX9 Full Console Stainless Steel Dishwasher
Fisher is a major player in household appliances. So, it’s no surprise it has another top model on our list. To start with, this is a drawer dishwasher. As the name suggests, it has a built-in drawer instead of a hinged door. As a result, it tends to take up less space. So, if you need a dishwasher for a small kitchen, this unit makes an excellent choice. Despite the small size, it uses SmartDrive motor to create more interior space.
Therefore, it easily fits 7 place settings. That means it can wash more dishes in one batch. Furthermore, this dishwasher operates quietly at around 44dB.
- Flexible racks with fold-down tines
- High-performance fan-assisted drying
- ADA-compliant (Makes it easy to access all controls with a light hand touch)