While mechanical suction machines make an ideal choice for pool cleaning, they just can’t beat the convenience of robotic pool cleaners. For the most part, you only need to drop it into the pool, and the robot cleaner does the rest. Besides, there are no hoses to fiddle with. Though online shopping is supposed to be quite easy, selecting the best robotic pool cleaners is no simple task. It’s quite common to find misleading information on most product descriptions. So, with an investment as crucial as a robotic pool cleaner, you wouldn’t want to rush and buy without full knowledge.
To help you choose the perfect robotic pool cleaner (even if you’ve never used one before), we have rounded up a list of the 10 best models to consider. Also, we give an in-depth review of each option to avoid choosing a robotic cleaner that doesn’t fit the specs of your pool.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Robotic Pool Cleaners Reviews
- 10. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner for In-ground Swimming Pools
- 9. Dolphin Robotic Pool Cleaners for Swimming Pools
- 8. Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaners
- 7. Dolphin Triton PS Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner with Filter Basket
- 6. POOL ROVER Above Ground Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 5. Polaris F9550 Sport In-Ground Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 4. Hayward RC9990CUB TigerShark Automatic Robotic Pool Vacuum
- 3. PAXCESS Automatic Robotic Swimming Pool Cleaner
- 2. Aquabot ABT Turbo In-Ground Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1. Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner for Above Ground Pools
Table of the Best Robotic Pool Cleaners Reviews
10. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner for In-ground Swimming Pools
This is one of the best robotic cleaners for in-ground pools. For the most part, it cleans pools up to 50 feet long. More importantly, it cleans an average-sized pool in about 2 hours. It uses Clever Clean system to scan your pool and know the best and fastest way to clean it. Also, it can detect and avoid obstacles at the bottom of the pool. The robot cleaner releases it’s water once it finishes cleaning to provide easy portability. Not to mention it has dual filters for large debris and finer dust particles. As a matter of fact, the fine dust filters can trap particles as small as 2 microns in size.
- Clever Clean system provides intelligent navigation
- Quick playback eliminates the need for a booster pump
- Tangle-free swivel cable makes cleaning hassle-free
- Dual brushes scrub floors and walls
9. Dolphin Robotic Pool Cleaners for Swimming Pools
Well, this is basically the same robot cleaner as the Plus version. However, the Plus model has a couple of little extras, and of course, costs a bit more. This is an excellent robot cleaner in its own way. And unlike most top-shelf models, it won’t break the bank. It uses the same Clever Clean feature, filter, and scrubbing brushes. Besides, it pretty lightweight. So, when it comes to easy portability, this robot pool cleaner has the upper hand.
- The large filter basket is excellent for large debris
- Schedule cleaning allows you to set and forget
- Smart navigation
- Lightweight construction (13 pounds)
- Cleans pools up to 33 feet long
8. Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaners
This is among the newest robot cleaners for in-ground pools. It’s as powerful as it’s energy-efficient, thanks to the latest technology and features. To start with, it has four-media cleaning options. So, it’s going to take care of everything, from grit to leaves. Advanced controls, on the other hand, allow it to change its own cleaning course. As a result, it saves time and improves efficiency. Above all, this robot cleaner runs of DC motors. When you compare to AC models, it reduces energy costs by up to 90%.
- Cleans pools of all shapes and sizes up to 55 feet long
- Compatible with all pool surfaces
- Vacuums in both forward and reverse positions to improve efficiency
- Smart navigation pool scanning
7. Dolphin Triton PS Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner with Filter Basket
While it’s a relatively new model, Triton PS has already conquered the robot pool cleaner market. Among its most exciting feature is the PowerStream technology. It provides better grip, which allows the robot cleaner to climb up walls with ease. Well, this pool cleaner makes light work of in-ground pools up to 50 feet long. At 16 pounds, it’s almost half the size of most cleaners out there. Hence, portability isn’t going to be an issue.
- PowerStream feature gives better grip on pool walls
- Works with your schedule for effortless cleaning
- Active brushing dislodges the toughest contaminants
- Massive top filter basket accommodates both fine and large debris
6. POOL ROVER Above Ground Robotic Pool Cleaner
Pool Rover S2 is among the most affordable robot cleaners for above-ground pools up to 40 feet long. Boasting state-of-the-art technology it packs many attractive features. First and foremost is the Hydro-Robotic feature. What it does is to propel the cleaner through water without the need for drive motors. Additionally, it has one of the finest filtrations, up to 2 microns. Moreover, it has a high-suction pump that filters between 80-85 gallons of water per minute. So, it’s able to clean your pool in the shortest time possible. Also, this robot cleaner meets safety standards making it a secure option for servicing your pool.
- Cleans up to 4,800 square feet in one hour
- Hydro-Robotic technology eliminates the need for drive motors
- Non-marring wheels provide better grip on all pool surfaces
- Reusable filter bag traps particles as small as 2 microns
5. Polaris F9550 Sport In-Ground Robotic Pool Cleaner
There are many reasons that make this robotic pool cleaner one of the most popular options out there. To begin with, it has a sleek, sporty look. And while aesthetics is of no significant importance, it adds something extra to this robot cleaner. Also, it has a “Four-wheel drive” that makes it a lot easier to move around the pool. The power cord is 70 feet, longer than what most models have to offer. Hence, it can go very far and clean pools up to 60 feet long.
The cleaner creates its own map and pathways. For this reason, it can easily navigate around obstacles. Furthermore, it uses “Vortex Vacuum Technology” to deliver strong suction even at lower settings.
- Extra-long 70 feet cable
- Motion sensors allow for better navigation
- Vortex vacuum technology sucks in the largest debris
- The 4-wheel drive provides movement on all pool surfaces
- 7-day programmable timer
4. Hayward RC9990CUB TigerShark Automatic Robotic Pool Vacuum
This particular robot cleaner is a workhorse in the industry. It’s able to clean the floor, walls, and waterlines in as little as 3 hours. Besides, it has a 90-minute quick-clean option, which is a great addition to the standard 3-hour cycle. Apart from that, it has smart technology that figures out the most efficient cleaning part. The rate of filtration is 75 gallons per minute, which is pretty impressive.
Thanks to the DC motor, this robot cleaner uses less energy in each cleaning cycle. The ABS plastic housing, on the other hand, gives a tough construction that can withstand a wide range of temperatures.
- Cleans pools up to the waterline and with a length of up to 40 feet
- The 24-volt motor consumes lee energy
- Unique cartridge filter makes emptying a whole lot easier
- 90-minute Quick Clean cycle
3. PAXCESS Automatic Robotic Swimming Pool Cleaner
This robot cleaner is among the newest entrants. It cleans every inch of the floor and walls of in-ground pools up to 50 feet long. Besides, it has 3 programmable timers (1, 2, and 3 hours) that allow it to clean according to your pace. The cartridge filters are noticeably large. Hence, they work well with larger debris. This robot cleaner is a fraction of the cost of most top-shelf pool cleaners. So, if you’re looking for the best budget robot pool cleaners, this model might make an excellent choice.
- A programmable timer of up to 3 hours
- Floor and wall cleaning in pools up to 50 feet long
- The extra-large basket gives easy clean filtration
2. Aquabot ABT Turbo In-Ground Robotic Pool Cleaner
While it’s sturdy and durable, this pool cleaner is not quite as heavy. Hence, it’s easier to take in or out of the pool. Meanwhile, you’ll love its 4-hour timer. That’s more than enough time to clean any pool size. This pool cleaner is fully automatic. At the touch of a button, the pump filters thousands of gallons of water per hour. And the best part, it filters particles as small as 2 microns. So, most bacteria aren’t going to stand a chance with this robot cleaner.
- Climbs 90-degree inclines to clean pool floor and walls
- An adjustable timer of up to 4 hours
- 7-hour programmable power supply
- Super-grip dual brushes give a better scrub
1. Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner for Above Ground Pools
Intex, for many years, has been a market leader for in-ground pools and cleaners. Hence, this particular robot cleaner is among the best there is. It uses water pressure to get rid of debris and dust and can filter up to 4,000 gallons of water in one hour. Also, this robot cleaner has a 24-foot hose. So, it’s going to clean pools as wide as 24 feet. At 15 pounds, the Intex pool cleaner is among the lightest you can get. Thus, if you’re after easy portability, this model is worth checking out.
- Lightweight construction (15 pounds)
- Filters up to 4,000 gallons of water in one hour
- Ideal for above-ground pools up to 24 feet in diameter