In the eyes of grillers, barbecues and smokers are the ultimate choices for cooking meats and vegetables. But while barbecues require you to “babysit” food, smokers allow you to set and forget. And if you’re the kind of person that loves the tender, fall-of-the-bone texture on meats, then smokers are the way to go. Propane smokers, in particular, give a wider temperature range to accommodate different types of meats. And unlike electric smokers, they provide better overall results and tend to have a larger cooking space. Well, being a candidate for a propane smoker is the easy part. However, selecting the best propane smokers can be quite tricky.
That said, we’ve done a lot of digging to find those models that have appealed to a high number of real-life users. So, without further ado, here are the top 10 propane gas smokers that will make an excellent addition to those backyard parties.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Propane Smokers Reviews
- 10. Smoke Hollow PS4415 Electric Propane Smokers
- 9. Pit Boss Grills 77435 Vertical Gas Smoker
- 8. Masterbuilt Propane Smokers – MB20050716 Mps 330g
- 7. Masterbuilt 20051311 GS30D Propane Smoker with Doors
- 6. Dyna-Glo DGY784BDP 36-Inch Vertical Meat Smoker
- 5. Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow Digital Electric Smoker
- 4. Char-Broil 30-Inch Offset Smoker
- 3. Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Charcoal Smoker
- 2. Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal Offset Smoker
- 1. Char-Broil Vertical Liquid Portable Gas Smoker
Table of the Best Propane Smokers Reviews
10. Smoke Hollow PS4415 Electric Propane Smokers
If size and versatility are your primary concern, then you might want to check out this propane smoker. To begin with, it has 5 different racks, which include standard grids, jerky grids, and a rib rack. Overall, it provides more than 6 cubic feet of space. Hence, this smoker can easily fit a ton of foods. The rib rack, in particular, can be placed on its side to save space. Apart from providing plenty of cooking space, this propane smoker has dual burners. Each gives out 11,000 BTU. Besides, each burner has its own temperature control to ensure optimum performance. Moreover, the smoker has a large view window that allows you to see the food on each rack.
- Built-in thermometer for precise temperature control
- Adjustable drag control helps direct heat and smoke properly
- Pull-out wood chip trays add wood smoke flavour to the food
9. Pit Boss Grills 77435 Vertical Gas Smoker
This stylish propane smoker will add to the overall look of your home. It has ample cooking space, around 3.5 cubic feet. Not to mention, it comes with 3 grates that create 884 square inches of cooking area. And with the 2 stainless steel burners, this propane smoker generates a reasonable amount of heat. Overall, it has a heat capacity of 13,500 BTU. Each burner has independent temperature control to suit a variety of dishes.
The smoker has a grease tray at the bottom for easy cleaning. Furthermore, it has a pretty large water pan to minimize refilling.
- Temperature controls from 100 to 350 Degree F
- High-tempered glass view window withstands high temperatures
- Push-button ignition for easy lighting
8. Masterbuilt Propane Smokers – MB20050716 Mps 330g
Masterbuilt MPS 340G is an ideal choice for those that want to take their gas smoking game to a whole new level. It’s a high-end propane smoker equipped with unique technology. While other models require you to adjust the flow of propane, this particular model takes care of propane flow. Hence, all you have to do is just select the temperature you want. Besides the primary door, this propane smoker has a second door underneath.
For the most part, it makes it easier to introduce wood chips without losing heat from the main compartment. Furthermore, this propane smoker comes with a sliding air damper. As a result, it’s much easier to regulate smoke and moisture.
- Automatic shut off feature for added safety
- Heat diffuser allows for even heat distribution
- 4 chrome-coated cooking racks
- Built-in sensor maintains a consistent temperature
7. Masterbuilt 20051311 GS30D Propane Smoker with Doors
This 30-inch propane smoker is an ideal size for cooking for bigger groups. With 717 square inches of cooking area, it can easily hold enough food for up to 8 people. Overall, there are four cooking grids. What is more, you can adjust the grids to different cooking heights to accommodate a variety of foods.
Instead of one door, this smoker has two. The second smaller door, for the most part, makes it easier to add water or wood without losing heat. This propane smoker has a push-button ignition that makes lighting quick and easy.
- Built-in temperature gauge for accurate monitoring
- Adjustable temperature of up to 400 Degree F
- Lockable door with a cool-touch handle for added safety
6. Dyna-Glo DGY784BDP 36-Inch Vertical Meat Smoker
Dyna-Glo gas smoker is a unit that’s built to last. It’s made of heavy-duty steel and has a powder coat finish for an extended lifespan. Additionally, this gas smoker has a unique shape that allows heat to rise naturally. In so doing, it improves efficiency and smoke flavour. Overall, this propane smoker has 784 square inches of cooking space. It requires little maintenance, thanks to smart temperature controls and impressive grease management. The gas smoker has a two-door design. Hence, it’s easier to feed in wood chips without losing heat.
- Cast-iron burner gives a heat capacity of 15,000 BTU
- Sliding dampers for smoke and moisture control
- Four adjustable steel racks
5. Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow Digital Electric Smoker
For the most part, this electric smoker is built with simplicity in mind. Despite the basic design, it still manages to provide excellent cooking performance. It has a powerful 800-watt heating element. Not only does it heat up fast, but it also offers consistent smoking and cooking. The smoker has a built-in thermostat that maintains the temperature at constant levels. Moreover, this electric smoker is fully insulated. As a result, it retains a lot of heat and smoke, making it very economical.
- User-friendly digital control panel
- Double insulated housing
- 3 smoking racks
- Smoking temperature range of 100 to 275 Degree F
4. Char-Broil 30-Inch Offset Smoker
This is a no-frills smoker. For the most part, it makes an excellent choice for an entry-level charcoal smoker. And the best part, it’s portable enough to take along for camping trips. Well, this charcoal smoker has a two-barrel design that separates the heat source (charcoal) from the cooking surface. This keeps the food from coming in direct contact with the flames.
Also, it has a single cooking grate that creates 477 square inches of cooking area. There is an adjustable cover that lets you control the internal temperature. Furthermore, the unit has a built-in temperature gauge that keeps an eye on the temperature.
- Cool-touch handles to protect you from the heat
- Rust-resistant porcelain-coated cooking grates
- Side and bottom shelf provides prepping and storage space
- Wheels for easy mobility
3. Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Charcoal Smoker
Well, this is the smallest version of the Smokey Mountain series. It has a unique, bullet-shaped design that makes it stand out on your backyard. More importantly, this charcoal smoker takes little time to master. It cooks at a steady temperature for hours. Besides, it has vents that make it much easier to control the cooking temperature.
A thermometer is built into the lid to keep track of the temperature level. This unit has a cooking area of 286 square inches. On a side note, the medium and large models offer a cooking area of 481 and 726 square inches respectively.
- Rust-resistant aluminium door and heat shield
- Two cooking racks
- Enamel and chrome coating provides lasting durability
- Lightweight construction (23 pounds) for easy portability
2. Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal Offset Smoker
Though it’s a charcoal smoker, this model is versatile enough to use with wood chips to add flavour. Thanks to a vertical design, this charcoal smoker accommodates more cooking grates. Overall, it has 6 grates that provide up to 1,176 square inches of cooking area. Again, the grates are adjustable to accommodate large pieces of meat. Apart from that, the smoker has an off-set design that optimizes indirect heat flow.
As a result, it makes an ideal choice for slow cooking. Furthermore, this charcoal smoker has a stainless steel temperature gauge. For the most part, it allows you to find the ideal temperature for infusing smoke.
- Heat capacity of 15,000 BTU
- Smokes up to 100 pounds of meat in one batch
- Two-door design minimizes heat loss
- Heavy-duty powder-coated steel construction offers lasting durability
1. Char-Broil Vertical Liquid Portable Gas Smoker
This is a big smoker for a big family. It has 3 cooking grates that provide that 595 square inches of cooking area. And with 7,556 cubic inches of interior space, it can make enough food to cater for a small party. All plates have chrome coating for added durability. Not to mention, each has a cool-touch handle that protects you from the heat. The gas smoker has an adjustable vent at the top for managing temperature.
Overall, it has a heat capacity of 16,500 BTU and a maximum temperature of 700 Degree F. What is more, it has a secondary door for easy access and maximum heat retention.
- To grate for warming food
- Simple temperature control
- Adjustable air damper for cooling the grill
- Maintains consistent heat throughout the cooking session