You’ve most likely fallen victim to dreaded mosquito bites at some point. Sometimes, the bites are harmless. However, other times, the bite from these bloodsuckers can put you at a considerable health risk. As tiny as they are, mosquitoes account for the most deaths worldwide, thanks to the infamous malaria disease. Currently, there are two major mosquito control techniques: insecticidal sprays and trapping. Though sprays can work magic, mosquito traps are 100% effective if applied properly. Plus, they are a proactive approach, keeping you protected at all times. But then, what are the best mosquito traps for backyard or indoor use?
Though there’s a ton of options out there, we’ve considered models that use a combination of attractants as well as provide greater coverage. Not to mention, models that are ruggedly built but portable at the same time. So, without further ado, here’s our roundup of the best indoor and outdoor mosquito traps to buy?
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Mosquito Traps Reviews
- 10. MOSQUITO MAGNET MM4200B Patriot Plus Mosquito Traps
- 9. DynaTrap DT1750 3/4 Acre Outdoor Insect Trap
- 8. Aspectek 20W Electronic Bug Zapper – Indoor Insect Killer
- 7. Big Devil Indoor Electric Mosquito Trap Zapper with LED Strong Fan Suction Mosquito Lamp
- 6. Pestnot Outdoor & Indoor Bug Zapper Electric Mosquito Killer
- 5. KATCHY Indoor Insect Trap & Mosquito Killer
- 4. Flowtron FC-8800 120-Watt Diplomat Fly Control Device
- 3. DOUHE Electric Mosquito Killer Trap – Indoor Insect Killer
- 2. RockBirds Indoor Electronic Mosquito Light Trap Lamp for Kids and Babies
- 1. Mega-Catch Pro 900 Ultra Mosquito Killer Trapper
Table of the Best Mosquito Traps Reviews
10. MOSQUITO MAGNET MM4200B Patriot Plus Mosquito Traps
The Patriot Plus trap puts an end to both mosquitoes and other biting insects. This silent trap uses heat, moisture, and carbon dioxide to attract and trap insects. Also, it has an extra-long 50-foot power cord. As such, it’s easier to place in an ideal location in your yard. Again, the power cord comes with clips that secure it for added safety.
This mosquito trap has a coverage of 1 acre. Moreover, it has a large catch net to increase performance. For the record, the net can last 21 days before replacing it. The trap is pretty effective, providing results in 7 to 10 days. Furthermore, it has a sturdy base. Therefore, it’s less likely to tip over. On a side note, this mosquito trap uses a propane tank purchased separately.
- Extra-large self-contained net traps insects and enables easy disposal
- The fast-acting design provides noticeable results in 7-10 days
- 50-foot power cord enables easy placement around your yard
- Large coverage of up to 1 acre
9. DynaTrap DT1750 3/4 Acre Outdoor Insect Trap
The DT1750 insect trap breaks the breeding cycle of mosquitoes in under 6 weeks. It’s an odour-free trap that uses ultra-bright light and a whisper-quiet fan to attract and trap flying insects. Unlike most outdoor mosquito traps, it uses less energy. In fact, it only draws 35 watts.
Also, it provides a weatherproof performance. Hence, it keeps you protected in all seasons. Despite the small size, the trap offers impressive coverage of up to 3/4 acres. Moreover, it has a catch basket that twists off with ease to dispose of dead insects.
- Whisper-quiet fan vacuums insects
- Retaining cage twists off easily to dispose of dead insects
- Large coverage of up to 3/4 acres
- Weatherproof design holds up well against outdoor elements
8. Aspectek 20W Electronic Bug Zapper – Indoor Insect Killer
This mosquito trap uses two UV bulbs to attract and trap insects. It has a tight, protective cage. So, there’s zero chance your kids or pets will come in contact with the electrical grid. Again, it has a removable and washable plastic tray that collects dead insects. For the record, the electric grid is self-cleaning for easy upkeep.
The trap comes with a wire chain. Therefore, you can choose to hang or set it on a flat surface. Furthermore, it comes with a bonus of two replacement bulbs. This insect trap draws only 20 watts, making it energy efficient.
- Electric shock barrier prevents accidental contact
- A self-cleaning electric grid enables easy maintenance
- Removable tray collects dead insects for easy disposal
- Wire chain enables you to hang the trap from a wall or ceiling
7. Big Devil Indoor Electric Mosquito Trap Zapper with LED Strong Fan Suction Mosquito Lamp
Big Devil insect killer uses USB power, making it ideal for portable use. It uses a UV lamp and a whisper-quiet fan to trap mosquitoes. For the record, it has a sound level of only 35 dB. Hence, it won’t come between you and comfortable sleep. Also, this insect trap has an intelligent light sensor. It shuts down the trap automatically in the morning to save energy.
Moreover, the trap has a rugged ABS housing. It’s both fireproof and temperature-resistant to provide a longer service life. Despite the small size, this mosquito trap has impressive coverage of up to 80 square meters. That makes it effective, even for master bedrooms and living rooms.
- High-end tough switch ignites the trap in an instant
- Durable, easy-to-clean ABS housing
- Quiet operation (35 dB) doesn’t interrupt your sleep
- Impressive coverage of 80 square meters
- Intelligent light sensor shuts down the unit during the day to conserve energy
6. Pestnot Outdoor & Indoor Bug Zapper Electric Mosquito Killer
Small as it is, the Pestnot bug zapper delivers a powerful punch of 2000 volts. The best part, it does so using a 20 watts light bulb. That makes is one of the most highly-efficient mosquito traps. Not to mention, it has vast coverage of up to 1/2 acres. Again, the trap has a safety guard that protects your fingers from the high-voltage grid.
Moreover, this insect trap has an IP24 rating. Thus, it’s waterproof, making it ideal for both indoor and outdoor use. There’s a removable tray for collecting and disposing of dead insects. Also, the package includes a chain wire for easy installation.
- High-voltage grid (2000 volts) kills insects immediately
- A waterproof head makes it safe for use indoors as well as outside
- Vast coverage of 1/2 acres
- Hangs from a ceiling or stands on a table for easy installation
5. KATCHY Indoor Insect Trap & Mosquito Killer
This is an intelligent insect trap that self-activates in darkness. And when the morning light sets in, it shuts down automatically. Thus, you don’t have to lift a finger to power it on or off. Also, it’s a pretty compact insect trap that runs on batteries. As such, you can use it anywhere, even during your camping trips.
Like most models on our list, it uses UV light to attract insects. Afterwards, a whisper-quiet fan sucks in the insects. Moreover, the trap has a removable tray with sticky glue. Therefore, there’s zero chance that trapped insects will break free. Not to mention, the sticky glue enables it to trap even the tiniest bugs.
- A smart design self-activates in darkness
- Sticky glue traps even the tiniest insects
- A compact, battery-operated design makes it ideal for travel and camping trips
4. Flowtron FC-8800 120-Watt Diplomat Fly Control Device
The FC-8800 uses 120 watts of UV lure power. That makes it powerful than most insect traps out there. It’s no surprise it makes an ideal choice for large-scale mosquito control. For the record, it controls mosquitoes over an area of up to 2 acres. Also, you can use indoors, where it covers up to 1200 square feet.
This insect trap uses high-impact plastic for lasting durability. Again, it has a removable tray that enables you to dispose of dead insects. The trap offers different options to install. Based on your preferences, you can mount horizontally or vertically.
- High-voltage grid (5,600 volts) kills all flying insects in an instant
- Rust-resistant chrome-plated grip protects your fingers
- Impact-resistant rugged plastic construction
- Multiple ways to mount, either horizontally or vertically
- Vast coverage of up to 2 acres
3. DOUHE Electric Mosquito Killer Trap – Indoor Insect Killer
This insect trap is among the best portable mosquito killers. It’s small, lightweight, and easy to carry. Not to mention, it comes with a USB power cord. Hence, you can charge with your laptop or power bank. Apart from having an anti-escape net, the trap has a sticky glue board. So, even the tiniest insects stand no chance.
The trap uses intelligent light control. It turns on/off based on the light intensity. That makes it not only effective but also energy efficient. Furthermore, it offers three times the trapping power of traditional mosquito killers. Above all, it has vast coverage of 320 square feet.
- Intelligent light control saves energy
- Vast coverage of 320 square feet
- Super sticky glue board captures even the tiniest bugs
- Compact design and USB charging make it extremely portable
2. RockBirds Indoor Electronic Mosquito Light Trap Lamp for Kids and Babies
RockBirds bug zapper is the least expensive mosquito trap on our list. Nevertheless, it’s among the most effective for small rooms. For the record, it has a coverage of 25 square meters. Also, it offers flexible power options. You can use an adapter, power bank, or laptop to charge. Again, it’s rated at 5 watts, making it more energy-efficient.
The trap is ultra-portable, making it ideal for travel and camping. Thanks to the 9-blade fan, it delivers more suction power. Even then, it runs quietly so as not to disturb your sleep.
- 9-blade propeller fan is silent but delivers enhanced suction
- Noise-reduction design ensures a comfortable night’s sleep
- Flexible power options offer numerous ways to charge the insect trap
- Ultra-portable design for camping and travel
1. Mega-Catch Pro 900 Ultra Mosquito Killer Trapper
Though expensive, this mosquito trap is more reliable and durable. And as the name suggests, it traps more mosquitoes than most brands. For the record, it can trap mosquitoes and other flying insects from as far as 158 feet. It uses UV light and a fan to attract and trap mosquitoes. However, it can also use carbon dioxide to increase the catch rate by as much as 400%.
The trap is fully assembled and comes with a programmable timer. Also, it uses a weatherproof power supply. Furthermore, it has a smart setting that targets specific mosquito species.
- Extensive coverage of up to 78,000 square feet
- Programmable timer saves energy
- Compatible with carbon-dioxide lure to increase the catch rate by up to 400%
- The smart setting enables you to target specific mosquito species