Increasing leg strength and building muscle require a lot of weight to challenge your body. Heavy-duty power cages in commercial gyms make an excellent option. But what is your next best alternative if you don’t have a power cage at home? Well, the answer is pretty straightforward – a leg press machine. However, you need a decent leg press machine that packs everything you need for a perfect leg press workout. So, how do you select the best leg press machines for your home workout?
Well, leg press machines come in a wide range of styles. While some come as single-function units, others are built into full-body machines for more versatility. In this article, we’ll take you through the best-selling leg press machines and what they can do for you. Additionally, our top picks comprise all the different styles with most of them doubling as squat machines. Plus, we include options for all budgets, fitness level, and space requirements. Welcome as we find the perfect leg press machine for you!
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Leg Press Machines Reviews
- 10. Weider Ultimate Body Solid Leg Press Machines
- 9. FORCE USA Monster Ultimate 45 Degree Seated Leg Press – Hack Squat Press Combo
- 8. TDS 4-Way Hip Sled Leg Press Machines- Full Lower Body Workout Unit
- 7. Bodycraft F660 Seated Leg Press Machine – Hip Sled
- 6. Body-Solid Cam Series Seated Leg Extension and Curl Machine
- 5. ARCHON Sissy Squat Press Machine
- 4. Body-Solid GLPH1100 Leg Workout Machine – Hack Squat Machine
- 3. Powertec Fitness Leg Exercise Machines
- 2. Total Gym 1400 Leg Machines at the Gym
- 1. Yukon VLP-154 Fitness Vertical Leg Press Machine
Table of the Best Leg Press Machines Reviews
10. Weider Ultimate Body Solid Leg Press Machines
Weider boasts a wide range of fitness equipment. Its leg press machines are some of the most highly-rated out there. One particular model is the Ultimate Body Works. This machine allows you to perform more than 70 exercises. Hence, it’s among the most versatile leg press equipment. The frame is entirely made of steel to provide sturdy support. Overall, it can hold up to 250 pounds. Also, the frame comes in two pieces. As a result, it’s possible to adjust the length. Additionally, it allows you to fold the machine for storage. Once extended, the frame measures 79 inches long. For the most part, it can accommodate users up to 6 feet 3 inches tall. The machine has 4 bands that increase the resistance by up to 50 pounds.
- Sturdy and durable steel frame
- Incline bench with 7 adjustable positions
- Cable and pulley system gives a greater range of motion
- 4 bungee cords increase weight resistance to 50 pounds
- Accommodates more than 70 exercises
9. FORCE USA Monster Ultimate 45 Degree Seated Leg Press – Hack Squat Press Combo
This machine makes a great combination. It’s both a leg press and hack squat machine. And the best part, it converts from one mode to another in seconds. Also, this impressive machine has the most weight capacity of any leg press machine. For the most part, it can hold up to 1,000 pounds. So, even if you add plates and weights, it’s still hard to beat the weight limit. What is more, this machine is fully adjustable. It has 5-position safety catch, an essential feature in any squat machine. Besides, it has an adjustable calf block that makes it even more user-friendly. The machine has a commercial-grade padded seat. Hence, there’s zero chance that you’ll experience pain, even after long hours of exercising.
- Converts in seconds from a leg press to a squat machine
- 5 safety lock positions
- Immense weight capacity of 1,000 pounds
- Dual weight holders accommodate up to 450 pounds in weight plates
- Accommodates users up to 7 feet tall
8. TDS 4-Way Hip Sled Leg Press Machines- Full Lower Body Workout Unit
TDS is an ultimate leg press machine. As the name suggests, this multifunctional leg press machine has four modes of exercises. Besides the leg press, you can use as a calf raise, forward thrust, or hack squat. At 2 x 4 inches, the steel tubes used for the frame are larger than standard. Hence, it creates sturdy support that holds up to 1,000 pounds. Also, the machine includes a storage deck for weight plates. As a result, it frees up a lot of floor space.
- Commercial-grade heavy-duty steel construction
- 4-way design accommodates leg press, hack squat, forward thrust, and calf raise exercise
- 4 side thrust wheels for added stability
- Thick contoured padding
- Compatible with Olympic plates
7. Bodycraft F660 Seated Leg Press Machine – Hip Sled
F660 is one of the heaviest leg press machines. At more than 300 pounds, this is a sturdy machine with excellent stability. The heavy-gauge steel, in particular, allows it to endure the toughest workouts. Also, this is a versatile machine that combines both a leg press and a hack squat. Apart from that, it’s fully adjustable, making it ideal for all users. For instance, it has a 5-position footrest and fully adjustable shoulder pads.
- Sturdy 11-gauge steel frame supports up to 1,000 pounds
- Industrial-grade bearings allow for a smooth operation
- Adjustable shoulder pads accommodate users of different heights
- Removable foot plates give more room for hack squat exercises
6. Body-Solid Cam Series Seated Leg Extension and Curl Machine
This machine makes leg exercises a whole lot easier and efficient. More importantly, it accommodates the two most essential leg exercises, including leg extensions and leg curls. The 7-gauge steel cam is fully adjustable. Hence, it can easily fit any user. 8-inch foam rollers wrap your legs in ultimate comfort. Besides, they have durable padding to withstand intense lifting. The weight post is 1 inch in diameter, large enough to fit Olympic plates. Overall, this machine makes an ideal choice for working out quadriceps, glutes, and hamstring muscles.
- Accommodate leg extensions and leg curls from one comfortable position
- Thick DuraFirm padding
- Fully adjustable 7-gauge steel cam
- Adjustable lifting arm allows you to work out both hamstring and quadriceps
5. ARCHON Sissy Squat Press Machine
Sissy squats, in most cases, can be done without the help of any equipment. But if you plan of taking it to the next level, then a sissy squat machine the like of Archon will do wonders. Long foam pads not only protect your calves but also keep them secure. Also, there’s a knob that allows you to adjust the height of the pads. As a result, it can fit users of different heights. The base comes in stainless steel for added stability. Resistant bands are an excellent addition that makes it stand out from other sissy squat machines. For the most part, you can use the bands for chest fly, bicep curls, and more.
- Thick chrome plates keep the pads in one place
- Adjustable foam pads accommodate all users
- Non-skid steel base
- Free resistance bands
4. Body-Solid GLPH1100 Leg Workout Machine – Hack Squat Machine
As the name suggests, this is a dual-purpose leg press machine. It accommodates leg presses as well as hack squats. The hack squat, in particular, is well set up. Unlike in most leg press machines, it has thicker shoulder and back pads. Besides, it has a wide and extra-heavy foot platform that accommodates both leg press exercises and hack squats. The extra heavy-duty steel frame makes it a rugged, commercial-grade machine that can take a beating in any gym environment.
- 3 lockout positions for added safety
- Tough, commercial-grade construction
- Thick padding provides exceptional lumbar support
- 1,000 pounds weight limit
3. Powertec Fitness Leg Exercise Machines
Powertec is among the most compact leg press machines on the market. Still, it’s exceptionally sturdy holding up to 1,000 pounds. What is more, it has the best roller system. By using bearing-driven wheels, it gives a smooth weight training experience. The machine has a high tensile footplate that gives added stability to maintain a natural motion. Apart from that, this leg press machine has a 2-inch high-density foam that keeps you comfortable throughout the entire training session.
- Accommodates leg presses and calf raises
- Quad track roller distributes weight uniformly and allows for a smooth glide
- Narrow footprint
- 2-inch thick high-density foam
- 60-pound starting resistance
2. Total Gym 1400 Leg Machines at the Gym
Total Gym 1400 is a machine that can accommodate more than 60 different exercises. You get all these in one compact machine that is fully adjustable to place anywhere you want. It uses body weight to provide resistance. As a result, it makes an ideal choice for users who are just starting out. You can quickly adjust the bench to vary the angle, height, and resistance. Hence, it’s much easier to target specif muscles. Resilient plastic and solid steel make this machine sturdy enough to support up to 250 pounds. Once done, you can fold the machine for easy storage.
- Accommodates over 60 different exercise
- 8 levels of body-weight resistance
- Space-saving design
- Gives thorough body workout in 10-20 minutes
- Suitable for all fitness levels
1. Yukon VLP-154 Fitness Vertical Leg Press Machine
The narrow design is possibly the biggest selling point of this leg press machine. As a matter of fact, it takes up more space vertically than horizontally. Hence, if you don’t have a lot of space in your home gym, this leg press will make an excellent choice. The machine has ergonomic neck support for added comfort. Well, this is more than the flat pad that most vertical leg press machines offer. What is more, you can use it with any weight plates.
- Narrow space-saving design
- Ergonomic neck support
- Compatible with standard and Olympic plates
- 600-pound weight limit