Trees add a lot to the look of your home. But come fall, they can shed a ton of leaves. Well, trying to keep up with the high influx of leaves can be quite a headache. However, a leaf blower can make light work of clearing the mess. The best part, it’s a useful tool all-year-round. Furthermore, there are those models that offer more than one function. For the most part, they can double as high-speed vacuums or mulchers. Newer cordless and corded leaf blowers, in particular, offer plenty of power without the noise or fume. But here’s the big question: what are the best leaf blowers to buy?
From the top-rated, best pick, to premium choices, we present a list of models that offer the best value for your money. So, what remains is for you to read what we’ve dug up to make your choice.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Leaf Blowers Reviews
- 10. BLACK+DECKER LSWV36 Lithium Cordless Battery Blower Vacuum
- 9. WORX WG547.3 20V 4.0Ah Cordless Battery-Operated Leaf Blowers
- 8. Sun Joe SBJ597E-SJB 6-Amp 155 MPH Electric Leaf Blower
- 7. Greenworks 24252 40V Variable Speed Cordless Battery Leaf Blower
- 6. Toro 51621 UltraPlus Variable-Speed Leaf Blower Vacuum with Metal Impeller
- 5. DEWALT DCBL720P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah XR Battery Brushless Blower
- 4. CRAFTSMAN CMCBL720D2 V20 Handheld Battery-Powered Blower
- 3. Craftsman B215 25cc 2-Cycle Cordless Gas-Powered Leaf Blower
- 2. KIMO 20V Lithium Battery for Blowing Leaf & Sweeper/Vacuum
- 1. BLACK+DECKER 12-Amp Electric Leaf Blower – Leaf Vacuum & Mulcher
Table of the Best Leaf Blowers Reviews
|Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum, Variable-Speed (up to 250 mph) with Metal Impeller, 12...||Buy on Amazon|
|BLACK+DECKER (BV6600) 3-in-1 Electric Leaf Blower, Leaf Vacuum, Mulcher, 12-Amp||Buy on Amazon|
10. BLACK+DECKER LSWV36 Lithium Cordless Battery Blower Vacuum
Leaf blowers aren’t entirely tied to sweeping function. Such is the case with Black & Decker LWV36. It can convert to a vacuum to clean dirt off hard surfaces. Though not as powerful as corded counterparts, it delivers excellent airspeed. At 120 mph, it can blow debris and leaves to a healthy 17.5 feet away. Again, it has a built-in scraper that loosens stubborn debris.
This leaf blower has a padded handle and anti-vibration technology. Above all, it weighs 5.4 pounds. This makes it several pounds lighter than most models out there. All that said, this is a machine that’s not going to put excess strain on your body. We love the lithium advantage that the battery provides. For instance, it holds a charge for longer. Furthermore, it charges pretty fast in under one hour.
- Quiet operation at 65dB
- 2-in-1 functions (Doubles as a vacuum)
- Lightweight construction and anti-vibration feature minimizes user fatigue
9. WORX WG547.3 20V 4.0Ah Cordless Battery-Operated Leaf Blowers
Price is one thing that makes WORX leaf blowers stand out. In fact, they are one of the best options for a low-budget leaf blower. WORX WG547 is no exception. It doesn’t have the vacuum function of Black & Decker LWV36. However, there’s no denying that this is a feature-rich leaf blower.
The gutter pro kit is one feature we love most. It consists of tubes that connect together to provide more reach. Overall, it lets the blower extend 11 feet. It’s a useful feature, especially when blowing leaves off your gutter. Also, this leaf blower offers variable speed to match the task at hand. At maximum speed, it delivers 360 CFM at 75 mph. Well, that’s not as high as other models. However, it’s more than adequate for light to medium tasks. Furthermore, the battery lasts up to 20 minutes on a single charge.
- A gutter kit offers an extended reach of 11 feet
- Turbine fan technology delivers an extreme blowing force
- 2-speed control for various jobs
8. Sun Joe SBJ597E-SJB 6-Amp 155 MPH Electric Leaf Blower
‘Super affordable’ might be the best term to describe this leaf blower. In fact, it’s a tenth of the cost of most leaf blowers on the market. But cheap doesn’t mean poor quality and performance. For the record, this machine has excellent airspeed. It delivers a maximum of 155 mph and an airflow of 260 CFM. So, it pretty much shames some of the more expensive models.
Again, this leaf blower is one of the lightest you can find. It weighs 3.9 pounds, making it ideal for one-hand operation. Unlike those we’ve reviewed so far, it doesn’t offer cordless convenience. However, it’s compact enough to take anywhere.
- Ultra-lightweight construction minimizes arm fatigue
- Removable chute makes storage easy
- A powerful 6-amp motor delivers impressive airspeed of 155 mph
7. Greenworks 24252 40V Variable Speed Cordless Battery Leaf Blower
Most leaf blowers offer variable speed, no doubt about it. However, Greenworks 24252 takes things to the next level. It has a total of 6-speed selections. So, it’s easier to dial into the exact amount of power you need. The super lightweight construction is another huge positive. It weighs 3.3 pounds to minimize wrist strain. Plus, it’s well-balanced and with good ergonomics.
At maximum, it offers an airspeed of 150 mph with an air volume of 135 CFM. Hence, it’s ideal for lighter tasks on hard surfaces. The 40V battery offers a solid runtime of between 14 to 30 minutes. The best part, it attains a full charge in under one hour.
- Rapid one-hour battery charger
- Six dial speeds save power
- Extension tube provides more reach
6. Toro 51621 UltraPlus Variable-Speed Leaf Blower Vacuum with Metal Impeller
Toro 51621 is a leaf blower with a lot of extras. It can double as a leaf shredder or high-speed vacuum. Hence, it’s one of the most versatile on our list. At full throttle, this leaf blower has an airspeed of 250 mph. It delivers 350 CFM in blow mode and 410 CFM in vacuum mode. So, it can handle lightweight debris on grass as well as matted leaves.
At 8.9 pounds, this leaf blower is a bit on the heavy side. However, it’s well-balanced to distribute the weight. Again, the handle has two knobs. Thus, you can easily hold the blower with two hands. This lessens the weight further. All parts snap together easily. Therefore, everything stays put.
- 3-in-1 design (Leaf blower, leaf shredder, and high-speed vacuum)
- Bottom zip bag captures debris
- Metal impeller makes the blower impervious to damage
- Three different nozzles for different needs
5. DEWALT DCBL720P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah XR Battery Brushless Blower
Not many leaf blowers can boast a brushless motor. So, this is one feature that gives this model an edge over the others. The motor is quieter and has a longer lifespan over regular motors. For the record, it has a noise level of 61dB, even at full throttle. Above all, it requires lower maintenance. The motor delivers 40 CFM air volume and 90 mph speed. Hence, it can easily power through most debris.
Another excellent feature is the built-in cruise control. It allows you to set your preferred speed. Also, the blower has an innovative axial fan design. It not only maximizes air output but also increases runtime. Furthermore, the machine has an instant trigger. Thus, you can start it with little effort.
- Impressive 400 CFM air volume is ideal for small to medium-sized yards
- Brushless motor offers a longer service life
- A cruise-speed control gives extra power when you need it
- Low noise performance of 61dB
4. CRAFTSMAN CMCBL720D2 V20 Handheld Battery-Powered Blower
This is another leaf blower that benefits a lot from a brushless motor. Like DEWALT DCBL720P1, it also boasts an axial fan design. Together, the two deliver maximum efficiency. The blower delivers 350 CFM air volume at a speed of 100 mph. Plus, it has a boost mode that increases power at the push of a button. Such specs make it ideal for light to medium tasks.
The blower weighs 7.1 pounds, making it a little heavier than most models. However, it’s well-balanced by fitting the battery on the handle. As a result, it significantly reduces user fatigue.
- Variable speed gives precise control over air output
- Compatible with Craftsman’s VersaTrack system for easy storage
- Brushless motor offers improved efficiency and durability
3. Craftsman B215 25cc 2-Cycle Cordless Gas-Powered Leaf Blower
So far, we’ve reviewed electric leaf blowers. But for stubborn leaves and debris, you need a blower that packs an extra punch. That’s where gas-powered blowers come in. One of our top picks is Craftsman B215. It delivers an immense air volume of 430 CFM at 200 mph. Not to mention, it has a built-in scraper. In short, stubborn debris stands no chance with this blower. The extended nozzle allows for precise blowing. Also, the blower has a translucent tank. Thus, it’s easy to monitor the fuel level.
- A 25cc engine delivers gale-force power to handle stubborn debris
- A variable speed throttle offers more control
- An extended nozzle allows for more precise blowing
- A translucent tank lets you know when to refuel
2. KIMO 20V Lithium Battery for Blowing Leaf & Sweeper/Vacuum
Sometimes, it’s good to go with the masses. And if numbers are anything to go by, few models can match this blower. In fact, it’s one of the best-selling blowers on the market. We love how it manages to offer two functions in one machine without the extra weight. For the record, it weighs 2 pounds. That makes it the lightest blower/vacuum on our list.
The all-copper motor delivers an immense speed of 13,000 RPM. Together with the turbofan, it provides super strong suction. It can suck in anything from dust to pet air. Not to mention, blow up wet leaves. The battery lasts 20 minutes on a single charge. Above all, it takes only one hour for a full charge.
- 2-in-1 design (Blower and vacuum)
- Power indicator displays the battery level
- A turbofan and all-copper motor deliver super-strong airflow
- Super-lightweight construction of 2 pounds
1. BLACK+DECKER 12-Amp Electric Leaf Blower – Leaf Vacuum & Mulcher
This is one of the best blowers with a mulcher. The high-powered metal blade, in particular, reduces materials to finer particles. In fact, it can reduce 16 bags of mulch to one. Apart from the mulching function, the blower doubles as a vacuum. Variable speed and a plastic tube provide optimal air control. At full throttles, it delivers speeds of up to 250 mph. Also, the blower comes with a reusable, 1.2 bushels collection bag. The noise level is a bearable 68dB. As such, it’s an ideal choice for residential areas.
- 3-in-1 functions (Blower, mulcher, and vacuum)
- Impressive mulch ratio of 16:1
- A high-powered metal blade grinds materials without clogging
- Reusable collection bag saves time and effort