Knives are one of the handiest tools in the kitchen. The knife you pick can make your life harder or simpler, depending on its qualities. For that reason, you will want to choose the best knife block sets that the market has to offer. Such knives should be made using high-quality materials so that they can hold their sharp edges and cut through different foods easily. Better, the knives should be comfortable to hold despite the length of time you will be required to use them. To help you settle for a high-quality knife set, have a look at the ten best knife block sets reviewed in this article.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Knife Block Sets Reviews
- 10. Cangshan Z German Steel Forged Knife Block Sets – 17 Pieces
- 9. Cangshan German Steel Forged 23-Piece Knife Block Sets
- 8. Wusthof Gourmet 12 Piece Acacia Kitchen Knife Block Set
- 7. Cangshan TC Swedish Sandvik Steel Forged 17-Piece Knife Block Set
- 6. Wusthof Classic Slim Knife Block Set – 17 Pieces
- 5. WÜSTHOF German Knife Set – Precision Forged High Carbon Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set
- 4. F. Dick Forged Steel Knife Block Set
- 3. Calphalon Classic Self-Sharpening Stainless Steel Knife Block Set
- 2. Cangshan German Steel Forged Starter Knife Block Set – 15 Pieces
- 1. Cangshan German Steel Forged 17-Piece Knife Block Set Walnut
- Tips to choose the best knife block sets
Table of the Best Knife Block Sets Reviews
[amazon template=”table” box=”B07SVH48XH,B07RM9Z6XZ,B081FTLGZ6,B075G47JMR,B00BBFZKKS,B00CMDMV4G,B00012F38Q,B071FT5LGC,B075G4C44W,B071K7HR5F” /]
10. Cangshan Z German Steel Forged Knife Block Sets – 17 Pieces
This is a 17-piece knife block set from Cangshan. It consists of a walnut block, forged 9″ shears, a 5″ serrated utility knife, 8″ chef’s knife, 8″ honing steel, 7″ santoku knife, 3.5″ paring knife, 6″ boning knife, 6×5″ steak knife, 8″ bread knife, 2.75″ peeling knife, and a 5″ tomato knife. These knives adopt a patented design that focuses on an ergonomic handle aimed at offering a comfortable grip.
What’s more, the blades are made using X50Cr15MoV German Steel. The steel has an HRC 58 +/- 2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale rating to guarantee strength. Better, the steel is softer for easy resharpening after heavy use. Having gone through the ice-hardening process, you can expect the blades of these knives to maintain their sharpness. Also, the knives adopt a traditional 3-step hand sharpening process for a razor-sharp edge.
- Unique mosaic rivets for stable joints.
- Ultra-precise 6-stage heat treatment process offers a stable internal structure.
- Keenly-angled lines and stunning mosaic rivets enhance style.
- A handcrafted solid walnut wood block for the safe and neat storage of the knives.
- High-quality knives maintain sharp edges.
- Easy to hold and balance.
- The wooden block includes magnetic strips to keep the knives in place during transport.
- Well-made and good-looking knives.
- The knives handles aren’t bolstered.
9. Cangshan German Steel Forged 23-Piece Knife Block Sets
Next, we have the V2 series knife block set. This is a 23-piece set comprising 9″ shears, a 9″ Slicing Knife, 2.75″ peeling knife, 7″ santoku knife, 3.5″ paring knife, 6″ Fork Knife, 7″ Nakiri Knife, 8″ honing steel, a solid Acacia block, 8″ bread knife, 5″ Straight-edge Utility Knife, 6″ boning knife, 5″ tomato knife, 8″ chef’s knife, 6×5″ steak knife, and a 5″ serrated utility knife. These knives are forged from high alloy X50Cr15MoV German Steel. The steel features a 58 ±2 on the Rockwell Hardness Rating to guarantee durability.
Additionally, the blades pass through a 3-step hand sharpening process. This process results in a razor-sharp edge to guarantee the knives’ reliability. You can expect the blades to maintain their sharpness, thanks to the ice-hardening process. Besides that, the knives can last for long. The reason is the ultra-precise 6-stage heat treatment process that brings a fine grain of the material for a more stable internal structure.
- Soft, high-alloy steel blades for easy resharpening.
- Ergonomic handle with a patent redesigned bolster offers a comfortable grip.
- An Asian-style hollow edge provides a smooth and effortless cut.
- Solid Acacia wood block for the neat storage of the knives.
- The blades maintain the sharp edges.
- High-quality craftsmanship.
- Easy to sharpen.
- Comfortable easy-grip handles.
- The knives do not remove easily after storing the block set under the cabinets.
8. Wusthof Gourmet 12 Piece Acacia Kitchen Knife Block Set
A perfect addition to any kitchen decor is Wusthof Gourmet 12-Piece Knife Block Set. The set comprises come-apart Kitchen Shears, a 2.5″ Peeling Knife, 4.5″ Serrated Utility Knife, 2.5″ Paring Knife, 8″ CookGÇÖs Knife, 4.5″ Utility Knife, 9″ Steel Knife, 5″ Spreader and an 8″ Bread Knife. These knives are made of premium high-carbon no-stain steel while the handles are made of durable POM. As a result, you can buy this set when looking for a high-quality knife block set. You can expect the knives to come with a beautiful medium stain Storage Block. The block is made using Acacia Wood to enhance durability.
- A 13-slot acacia block for the neat storage of the knives.
- Durable and comfortable-to-hold Polyoxymethylene (POM) handles.
- Dishwasher safe for easy maintenance.
- High-quality steel and finish.
- The knives maintain the sharp edges.
- Non-skid feet protect the block from slipping.
- The set doesn’t include enough knives to fill the block.
7. Cangshan TC Swedish Sandvik Steel Forged 17-Piece Knife Block Set
The TC Series 1021455 is a 17-Piece Knife Block Set. The set comprises a 5″ serrated utility knife, 8″ chef’s knife, 2.75″ peeling knife, 9″ shears, 7″ santoku knife, 3.5″ paring knife, 8″ honing steel, 8″ bread knife, a walnut block, 6″ boning knife, 6×5″ steak, 5″ tomato knife, and a solid walnut wood block. These knives are forged using Swedish Sandvik 14C28N Steel. The steel offers exceptional sharpness while it holds the sharpness five times longer than German Steel. Because of this, you can get the knives while looking for the most reliable knife block set.
Another benefit of the knives is the traditional 3-step hand sharpening process. The process ensures a razor-sharp edge while an ice-hardening process enables the blade to maintain its sharpness for reliable usage. Also, each blade passes through an ultra-precise 6-stage heat-treatment process. This process brings out the fine grain of the steel resulting in a more stable internal structure. You can get these knives with an assurance of safety and reliability. The reason is the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) certification.
- Swedish steel can reach a hardness rating of 59 ±2 on the Rockwell Hardness Rating Scale.
- Tapered tangs offer balance and comfort for precise comfort.
- Unique angled bolsters on the handles accommodate a natural and firm grip.
- The knives are easy to clean up.
- They are easy to maneuver.
- The handles feature a slim profile for easy maneuvering.
- The black color of the handles fades with time.
6. Wusthof Classic Slim Knife Block Set – 17 Pieces
This is a 7-piece slim knife block set. It contains an 8-inch Chef’s Knife, 5-inch Serrated Utility Knife, Come-Apart Kitchen Shears, Wood Knife Block, 3.5-inch Paring Knife, 8-inch Bread Knife, and a 6-inch Kiritsuke Prep Knife. The block features an ultra-slim design to maximize the counter space. On the other hand, the knives are made using a precision-forged full tang and high-carbon stain-resistant stainless steel to enhance strength. Because of the triple-riveted handle, you can get these knives with an assurance of durability. Better, the knives adopt a Polyoxymethylene synthetic material designed to resist fading and discoloration.
- Knife blades are buffed and polished by hand.
- 14° cutting edge on each side reduces the drag while slicing through foods.
- Computer-controlled cutting edges offer a precise and uniform edge.
- Precision Edge Technology improves the blade’s sharpness by 20%.
- The knives allow for seamless and effortless cutting.
- Well-made and sharp edges.
- The block doesn’t take much counter space.
- The block is available in black only.
5. WÜSTHOF German Knife Set – Precision Forged High Carbon Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set
This is an 8-piece Deluxe Knife Set. It includes a 6″ Utility Knife, 3.5″ Paring Knife, 8″ Cook’s Knife, 5″ Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife, 17-Slot Walnut Block, 9″ Steel knife, 8″ Bread Knife, and Come-apart Kitchen Shears. The knives comprise full tang triple-riveted synthetic polypropylene handles. The handles resist heat, fading, impact, and discoloration to enhance durability. Also, they are forged using a single-block of high-carbon steel and tempered to 58-degree HRC. Because of this, the knives are durable, and better yet, able to maintain their sharp edges after sharpening.
- High-carbon stainless steel resists corrosion and dulling.
- A precision edge technology results in a blade that is 20% sharper than previous models.
- Full bolster protects the hand for perfect safety and balance.
- Solid and well-constructed.
- Well balanced and easy to use.
- The blade sharpens easily.
4. F. Dick Forged Steel Knife Block Set
The F. Dick Knife Block Set is a 9-piece set that comes with a knife block. The set includes a 3.5″ paring knife, 3″ paring knife, 8″ bread knife, 10″ sharpening steel, a 5″ boning knife, high-quality kitchen shears, 7″ straight edge slicer, 6″ meat fork, and an 8″ chef’s knife. These knives are made using top-quality hand-forged steel to enhance strength. Additionally, the set comprises a solid wooden storage block for the convenient storage of the knives and easy access.
- Hand-forged steel enhances durability.
- Ergonomic handles enhance comfort.
- Well-made and durable.
- The knives maintain the sharp edges for a long time.
- A little bit pricey.
3. Calphalon Classic Self-Sharpening Stainless Steel Knife Block Set
From Calphalon, we have this classic self-sharpening 15-piece Knife set. The set comprises a block that includes a 6″ utility knife, eight steak knives, an 8″ chef’s knife, 3.5″ paring knife, 8″ bread knife, kitchen shears, and a 7″ Santoku Knife. These knives are forged using high carbon no-stain steel. Because of this, you can acquire them when looking for a durable knife set. What’s more, the knives include comfort-grip handles with a label. The benefit of this is the ability to pick the correct knife when you want to cut, dice, or slice. With built-in ceramic sharpeners in the block set, you can expect the knives to remain sharp for convenient and reliable usage.
- Labeled handles for easy identification.
- A contoured handle offers a secure grip.
- Full tang guarantees durability.
- Block set with SharpIN technology allows for the automatic re-sharpening of the knives.
- The knives stay sharp for long.
- A modern style and attractive design enhance style.
- Ergonomic handles reduce hand fatigue for better cutting.
- Dull scissors
2. Cangshan German Steel Forged Starter Knife Block Set – 15 Pieces
Next, we have the N1 Series 1022605 Knife Block Set. The set comprises four pieces of knives. The knives include a 3.5″ paring, 8″ chef’s knife, 9″ forged shears, and a 5″ serrated utility knife. These are made using X50Cr15MoV German Steel with an HRC 58 +/- 2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale. As a result, you can acquire the set when looking for durable knives designed to maintain the sharpness.
Besides that, the knives comprise an ergonomic handle. Because of this, you can be sure to handle your cutting tasks comfortably, which makes it suitable for functions that take a lot of time. You can opt to buy this set as a perfect addition to modern kitchens. The reason is the seamlessly crafted design plus sleek hollow handles designed to offer an aesthetically pleasing look.
- Walnut block for easy organization of the knives.
- The 3-step hand sharpening process offers a razor-sharp edge.
- The ice-hardening process enables the edges to maintain the sharpness.
- The sharp straight edges are easy to use.
- The knives are easy to clean.
- Easy to re-sharpen.
- The knives are quite bulky.
1. Cangshan German Steel Forged 17-Piece Knife Block Set Walnut
Clinching the first position, we have the S1 Series 1022575 German Steel Knife Block Set. This is an 8-piece knife block set. It comprises a 7″ santoku knife, 9″ shears, 8″ chef’s knife, 3.5″ paring knife, Walnut block, 5″ serrated utility knife, 8″ bread knife, and an 8″ honing steel. These knives are forged from X50Cr15MoV German Steel. The steel features an HRC 58 +/- 2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale to guarantee durability. Asides that, the knives incorporate ergonomic handles. Because of this, it offers a comfortable grip, making it suitable for use with tasks that take a lot of time.
- The blades undergo a multi-step heat-treatment process to enhance strength.
- Ice-hardened blades offer long-lasting sharpness.
- High-alloy steel is easy to re-sharpen.
- Ergonomic handles enhance comfort.
- The edges maintain the sharpness for long.
- Stylish and beautiful block.
- Flimsy scissors.
Tips to choose the best knife block sets
Types of knives
The best kitchen knife sets ought to include a combination of knives that will help you get done with your cutting tasks quickly and comfortably. That said, you will want to purchase a set that contains the knives that you need and exclude those knives that you will not use. So, ask yourself whether a Santoku Knife, chef’s knife, kitchen shears, serrated knife, or paring knife is necessary for your knives’ set. To make the best buy and ensure that you obtain the best value for money, opt for a kitchen knife set that incorporates the knives you are going to use and not those that will rest in your kitchen unused.
What materials are the blades made of? Note that kitchen knives can feature steel, carbon steel, or stainless steel. These materials differ based on the ease of sharpening, ability to hold the sharp edge, durability, among other factors. That said, look for a knife that features material that resists rust and corrosion. Better, such material should resist chipping and breaking for the best value for money. Do not forget that these materials have to be easy to clean for easy maintenance as well.
No one wants to buy knives that are not comfortable to use. For that reason, get a knife set that includes ergonomic handles. Moreover, the knife should feel comfortable and balanced in your hand without being too heavy or too large.
The best kitchen knives should be safe to use. After all, you do not want to invest in a kitchen knife that places you at risk of chopping your hands while chopping your vegetables. For this reason, get a kitchen knife that features a non-skip and textured grip. In that way, you can be sure to stay comfortable and keep the knife balanced to protect it from slipping.
Forged or stamped? Well, knives can either be forged or stamped. To be specific, forged knives are made using a single piece of molten steel that is heated and beaten into shape. On the other hand, stamped knives are made one sheet of metal. The difference between these two is that forged knives are more expensive, heavier, and equipped with thicker blades and a bolster. On the contrary, forged knives are less flexible but also more durable when compared to stamped knives.
Whether you are looking for a budget-friendly knife collection or looking forward to upgrading your knives, you can be sure to have made the right decision after purchasing either of the reviewed knife sets. The sets comprise of durable and sharp knives as well as high-quality blocks for easy organization. So, purchase one of the reviewed products and rest assured to have invested in the best products.