Demolition job is no easy task. And it gets, even more, worse when you have to break up hard materials, such as rock, concrete, and asphalt. But with the right tools in your arsenal, the job will not only get easier but also safer. One such tool is the jack hammers. For the most part, this is more than your average garage tools. It easily tears through concrete, making all kinds of demolition jobs fast and easy. However, choosing the best jackhammers for your need can be quite confusing. Furthermore, most manufacturers tend to give misleading information. So, it’s tough to know what is important and why.
Keeping in mind all the significant factors to consider when choosing a jackhammer, we’ve put together a list of the best demolition jackhammers for you. More importantly, we’ve taken into account real-user reviews. Hence, feel free to go ahead and shop with confidence.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Jack Hammers Reviews
- 10. Bosch 11335K Jack Hammer Kit – 35-Pound 1-1/8-Inch
- 9. XtremepowerUS 2200Watt Heavy Duty Jackhammer for Concrete Breaker
- 8. F2C 2200W Heavy Duty Electric Demolition Hammer
- 7. XtremepowerUS 1000W Electric Jackhammer
- 6. Mophorn 2200W Jack Demolition Drills with Flat Chisel
- 5. TR Industrial TR89100 Electric Jack Hammers
- 4. Smartxchoices Electric Concrete Jack Hammers
- 3. ZENY 2200W Heavy Duty Electric Demolition Hammer
- 2. TR Industrial IS-500 42-Pound Demolition Jack Hammers
- 1. TR Industrial TR89105 Original Jack Hammers
Table of the Best Jack Hammers Reviews
10. Bosch 11335K Jack Hammer Kit – 35-Pound 1-1/8-Inch
This is among the most durable and efficient jackhammers on the market. With 22 ft/lbs of impact force, it makes an excellent choice for heavy-duty applications. Well, that’s quite impressive for a jackhammer that weighs just 38 pounds. As a matter of fact, it has the best material removal rate of any jackhammer in its class. Also, the hammer has an exclusive vibration control system on the top handle. For the most part, it reduces vibrations by up to 20%. Moreover, the hammer offers multiple grip positions. As a result, it maintains a perfect balance in angled, vertical, and horizontal applications.
- Durable all-metal housing
- 22 ft/lbs of impact force is ideal for heavy-duty applications
- Vibration control system reduces vibrations by up to 20%
- The in-line design maintains balance at all positions
- Includes a carry case with wheels for easy transportation
9. XtremepowerUS 2200Watt Heavy Duty Jackhammer for Concrete Breaker
This jackhammer gets a lot of feedback from DIY enthusiasts, and for a good reason. To begin with, this jackhammer focuses more on versatility. For instance, you can use it to break masonry, concrete, thick slabs, and a ton of other materials. Also, it delivers 1,800 beats per minute, which allows you to do more work in less time. And when you pair with the 2,200-watt motor, it makes light work of most demolition jobs. At 33 pounds, the hammer is pretty light for added comfort. Keep in mind; the package includes a travel case for easy portability.
- 2,200 watts heavy-duty motor
- Lightweight construction (33 pounds)
- 55 ft/lbs make light work of the hardest surfaces
- The speed control system makes it perfect for various jobs
- Rotating chisel improves performance at all angles
8. F2C 2200W Heavy Duty Electric Demolition Hammer
F2C is a super durable jackhammer that has the potential to demolish most hard surface. The 2,200-watt motor, in particular, packs a powerful punch. To start with, it delivers 1,900 blows per minute enough to break holes into hard concrete. Additionally, it generates 55 ft/lbs that gets the job done right and in less time. The hammer comes with 1-1/8-inch flat and bull point chisels. What is more, the chisel can rotate and lock in different positions. Hence, it improves performance at all work angles.
- 55 ft/lbs work well for demolition, chipping, trenching, and more
- The 2,200-watt motor provides heavy-duty drilling power
- 1-1/8-inch rotating chisels
- Safety gloves, mask, and goggles
7. XtremepowerUS 1000W Electric Jackhammer
Lightweight, affordable, and well-designed, this jackhammer makes an excellent choice for DIY projects. By the way, this jackhammer weighs 20 pounds. Hence, it drastically reduces arm and shoulder fatigue. Nonetheless, it delivers a powerful impact (8 ft/lbs) for its size and an impressive 3,000 beats per minute. Overall, it makes a versatile and robust concrete breaker.
- 9 amp motor delivers consistent power for tough demolition projects
- 8 ft/lbs make it a robust concrete breaker
- Lightweight construction (20 pounds)
- Compatible with 5/8-inch chisels
6. Mophorn 2200W Jack Demolition Drills with Flat Chisel
Mophorn jackhammer has a boring diameter of 95mm. Hence, it can easily be categorized as a heavy-duty hammer. It uses both bull point and flat chisels. As a result, it can handle all sorts of demolition projects. The hammer has a 360-degree swivel handle and for-grip. Not only does it offer comfort during extended use, but it also allows for better control. At 1,400 blows per minutes, it delivers incredible power for general demolition jobs.
- 2,200 watts makes it a powerful hammer breaker
- A 360-degree dual handle allows for smooth operation at all angles
- Thick insulation shell protects the components
- Includes two secure chisels
5. TR Industrial TR89100 Electric Jack Hammers
TR 89100 is an excellent entry-level jackhammer that packs a good punch. It provides 33 ft/lbs of impact force. And at 1,800 beats per minute, it operates at a pretty standard speed. Nonetheless, it makes an excellent choice for a wide range of jobs. From the installation of pipes, wires, to demolishing medium-thick concrete, this is one tool that doesn’t disappoint. The hammer weighs 31 pounds. Hence, it’s pretty easy to pick up. Overall, this is a solid entry-level jackhammer perfect for small to medium applications.
- 11 amp motor can withstand up to 176 hours of continuous operation
- 1,800 BPM is ideal for small to medium demolition works
- A swivel handle gives excellent manoeuvrability
- Compatible with the flat, bull point, and spade shovel chisels
4. Smartxchoices Electric Concrete Jack Hammers
Except for the handle grips, this jackhammer has an all-metal construction. What is more, the handle grips themselves are of decent plastic. So, this is a jackhammer than can take a beating and provide many years of use. It delivers 2,200 watts of power and 1,900 beats per minute. Hence, apart from breaking concrete, it makes an excellent choice for digging holes in hard ground or rocky soil. When you compare with most jackhammers out there, this particular model is pretty easy to operate. Therefore, if you’re a DIY person looking for a demolition tool, this jackhammer might be ideal for you.
- Pretty easy to operate making it perfect for DIY projects
- 55 ft/lbs are ideal for demolition concrete paths and digging holes in hard ground
- Carry case makes it easy to store and transport
3. ZENY 2200W Heavy Duty Electric Demolition Hammer
Zeny demolition jackhammer offers up to 2,200 watts of power. It channels all these power to provide 55 ft/lbs of impact force. And the best part, it makes the most use of this power by including 1-1/8-inch bull point and flat chisels. For the most part, this jackhammer works remarkably well for light to medium residential demolition work. The motor is surprisingly reliable, and the bits are of decent quality. More importantly, the motor doesn’t generate as many vibrations as the one you experience in most models. All in all, it makes a great choice for a budget demolition hammer.
- Pretty lightweight and compact for easy portability
- 1,900 beats per minute are ideal for light to medium demolition work
- The 2,200-watt motor is reliable and generates fewer vibrations
- 1-1/8-inch flat and bull point chisels are ideal for a wide variety of jobs
2. TR Industrial IS-500 42-Pound Demolition Jack Hammers
IS-500 is a professional-grade demolition hammer. As a matter of fact, it offers best-in-class performance. The 15 amp motor is extremely reliable. For the most part, you’ll enjoy the 36 ft/lbs impact force and 1,400 beats per minute. And when you pair with the exclusive design, this demolition hammer gives pretty impressive results. Though it packs a lot of punch, the hammer is able to keep vibrations in check. Hence, you get the most balance and control. What is more, it comes at a reasonable weight (42 pounds) that you can easily pick up. While it’s noticeably costly than most budget demolition hammers, IS-500 gives step up performance and build quality.
- Thick metal components hold up well against outdoor conditions
- 36 ft/lbs offer best-in-class performance
- Anti-vibration design
- Reliable and efficient 15 amp motor
- Exceptional power-to-weight ratio (42 pounds)
- Extra-long 16-foot power cord
1. TR Industrial TR89105 Original Jack Hammers
TR comes standard with pretty everything you need to get started. While it’s not as powerful as some models on our list, it still packs a good punch for an entry-level demolition hammer. For instance, it offers 33 ft/lbs impact power and 1,800 beats per minute. So, it’s going to make easy work of concrete and clay surfaces. Apart from that, the hammer has a 360-degree handle. Hence, it’s easy to operate at all angles without sacrificing performance. By the way, this hammer meets the standards for safety. Therefore, you can work with confidence. At 31 pounds, the hammer comes lighter than most models.
- Lightweight construction (31 pounds)
- 33 ft/lbs make it a good entry-level demolition hammer
- Ergonomic swivel handle
- Motor meets the mark for safety