From bravery to top-notch hunting skills, there are lots of things that make up a great hunter. But there’s no denying that the right hunting tools top the list. Well, hunting can be quite unpredictable. As such, one must be well-equipped. So, it’s no surprise finding yourself having to pack a ton of gear. But then, how do you keep them organized? Better still, how do you protect your gear from harsh outdoor elements? Well, hunting backpacks are your best bet. However, what makes the best hunting backpacks for the money?
Well, with numerous models out there, it’s not going to be easy. So, we figured out you might need some help. That said, we give you a list of the best waterproof hunting backpacks to consider.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Hunting Backpacks Reviews
- 10. ALPS OutdoorZ Dark Timber Hunting Day Pack
- 9. Fieldline Pro Series Treeline Hunting Pack
- 8. REEBOW GEAR Military Tactical Backpack – Small Assault Pack Army Molle Bag
- 7. Timber Hawk Big Basin Hunter Backpack
- 6. PANS Large Military Expandable Tactical Waterproof Hiking Backpack for Men
- 5. Tenzing Hunting Daypack with Firearm Carry Boot and Rain Fly Cover
- 4. Gelindo Military Tactical Backpack for Hunting, Survival, Camping & Trekking
- 3. Peregrine Venture Bucket Pack Hunting Bucket Backpack
- 2. TETON Sports Explorer Internal Frame Backpack – Backpack for Backpacking, Hiking & Camping
- 1. Insights Element Hunting Backpacks for Game of Hunting
Table of the Best Hunting Backpacks Reviews
10. ALPS OutdoorZ Dark Timber Hunting Day Pack
Are you looking to own a decent hunting backpack? The ALPS Dark Timber Day Pack is something you can’t afford to ignore. It looks compact out of the package. However, let not the first impressions fool you. The backpack has plenty of room for your gear. It has a front accessory pocket and a roomier main pocket. Mesh side pockets and a lower storage pocket come in handy to hold extra gear. Overall, the backpack offers 2,285 cubic inches of storage.
Apparently, that’s not all that the backpack holds. It has a bar-tacked webbing and lashing straps for attaching extra gear. Also, the backpack has compression straps. Together with adjustable sternum strap and padded waist belt, they allow the backpack to sit comfortably on your back.
- Heavy-duty brushed fabric is quiet and hard-wearing
- Adjustable sternum straps allow the pack to fit people of all sizes
- Multiple pockets create 2,285 cubic inches of storage
- Webbing and lashing straps provide an attachment for extra hunting gear
9. Fieldline Pro Series Treeline Hunting Pack
The Pro Series Treeline backpack is another popular choice. It’s half the price of the Dark Timber day pack. Nonetheless, it doesn’t skimp on quality and storage capacity. As for storage, it has a roomy compartment with an organizer. Not to mention, it has a front pocket and two mesh pockets on the sides. Altogether, the pockets offer a storage volume of 1,723 cubic inches.
Well, that’s not all. It has a molle system that provides attachment points for extra gear. Also, the backpack has a yoked shoulder strap, adjustable sternum, and waist belt. These offer extra support to minimize fatigue. Like the Dark Timber backpack, it can fit a 2-litre hydration reservoir. Hence, you can easily quench your thirst on the go.
- MOLLE system expands storage capacity
- Ultra-quiet heavy-duty zippers
- Sternum slider and padded straps relief shoulder and back strain
- 1,723 cubic inches of storage accommodates plenty of gear
8. REEBOW GEAR Military Tactical Backpack – Small Assault Pack Army Molle Bag
Tactical situations call for maximum storage. And for that, you need a tactical backpack, the like of REEBOW. It’s among the best-rated hunting backpacks out there. As for storage, it has an impressive 40-litre capacity. That’s roughly 2,440 cubic inches. In fact, it can store up to 3 days worth of supplies.
Also, the backpack uses the highest quality military-grade fabric. Together with heavy-duty zippers, it holds up well in rugged terrain. Furthermore, the backpack has a load compression system. Made of sturdy buckles, it keeps everything nice and secure.
- Available in a variety of military colours
- A high-density watertight fabric holds up well to harsh outdoor conditions
- Front-load compression system keeps your gear secure
- Extra-large, 40-litre storage capacity
- Durable, heavy-duty zippers offer life-long performance
7. Timber Hawk Big Basin Hunter Backpack
This is another decent backpack for your hunting expeditions. It’s built for stealth, something that every serious hunter yearns for. Take the fabric, for instance. It’s crafted from noise-reducing fibres. Hence, it lets you close in more on the prey. The backpack doesn’t disappoint in storage. It has multiple pockets that offer 1,677 cubic inches of storage.
Another excellent feature is the bino strap system. As the name suggests, it keeps your binocular within easy reach. Besides, you can connect it to the shoulder straps for added stability.
- Noise-reduction fibres allow you to close in on the target
- Webbed loops create attachments points for extra gear
- Bino strap system holds your binocular
- Plenty of pockets provide 1,677 cubic inches of storage
6. PANS Large Military Expandable Tactical Waterproof Hiking Backpack for Men
Tactical backpacks are known for their massive storage capacity. And this is one backpack that wins by a landslide. The expandable design, for instance, increases the thickness from 8 to 13 inches. In so doing, it expands the storage volume from 39 to 64 litres. Well, that’s twice the storage capacity of most competing models. Altogether, the backpack has four compartments with two pouches on the sides.
The extra storage space allows the backpack to provide a large reservoir. It holds 3 litres of water, which can last a long while. Furthermore, the backpack has a reversible zipper. Hence, you can turn inside out for a new look.
- An expandable storage volume of 39 to 64 litres
- A large 3-litre water reservoir
- Includes a small pocket for a walkie-talkie
- Heavy-duty carry handle for easy transportation
- Molle system allows you to attach extra gear
5. Tenzing Hunting Daypack with Firearm Carry Boot and Rain Fly Cover
Tenzing 2220 backpack is a top contender in all categories. In fact, the price is one thing that tells you this is no average backpack. It’s among the best in design and quality. Though lightweight, it boasts 11 compartments and 8 pockets. Altogether, they create 2,400 cubic inches of storage. Plus, a tightly compressed design allows it to pack a ton of items without looking awkward.
The bow bucket is a feature you rarely find in hunting backpacks. It keeps your bow secured in place. Actually, this is a feature that makes it one of the best day packs for bow hunting. Tenzing 2220 is among the world’s most durable backpacks. The frame, for instance, comes in aluminium. Above all, the shell is crafted from Dyneema, the world’s strongest fibres.
- Crafted from the world’s strongest fibres
- Front foldout allows you to strap up weapons
- Built-in rain cover protects sensitive electronic equipment
- Padded mesh provides a good airflow system
- 8 pockets and 11 compartments offer 2,400 cubic inches of storage
4. Gelindo Military Tactical Backpack for Hunting, Survival, Camping & Trekking
Gelindo tactical backpack has most of the top features of a hunting bag. The best part, it’s extremely affordable. First, it has multiple pockets that keep everything organized. We love the waist pocket, which offers safe storage for your phones. Overall, the pockets provide 35 litres of storage. Though not the largest, it can comfortably hold three days worth of supplies.
Also, the backpack has a molle system that lest you strap on other equipment. The insulation compartment can hold a 2.5-litre water reservoir. That makes it ideal for long hikes. Furthermore, the backpack has heavily padded straps for comfort.
- Extra-wide waist pocket comfortably holds small items, such as phones
- MOLLE system lets you customize the backpack as per your needs
- A wide selection of seven colours
- The large storage capacity of 2,135 cubic inches
3. Peregrine Venture Bucket Pack Hunting Bucket Backpack
This is a hunting backpack with a design twist. It’s a backpack but with a storage bucket on the inside. The bucket offers 5 gallons of storage. Also, it’s fully insulated, allowing it to double as a cooler. In fact, it can keep the contents cold for up to 26 hours. Again, the bucket has a silent spinning lid that opens without alerting the prey. Not to mention, it lets you use this bucket backpack as a seat.
Deep welled pockets create plenty of room for up to five boxes of shotgun shells. Each offers up to 61 cubic inches of storage. Furthermore, the backpack has a heavily-padded back. Hence, it makes the long hauls more forgiving.
- Duck canvas and reinforced stitching allow for life-long use
- A fully insulated 5-gallon bucket doubles as a cooler
- A quiet swivel lid lets you turn the bucket into a seat
- Deep welled pockets hold 5 boxes of shotgun shells
2. TETON Sports Explorer Internal Frame Backpack – Backpack for Backpacking, Hiking & Camping
Explorer 4000 is easily the best-selling backpack out there. Moreover, it holds the title for the largest storage capacity. So, if you need plenty of room for a 5-day trip, this backpack is your best bet. It offers 4,000 cubic inches of storage for a backpack that weighs only 5 pounds. Again, it has torso length adjustments of 19 to 23 inches. Hence, it can fit a wide range of users from 5 feet 1 inch to 6 feet 4 inches tall.
The integrated rainfly is another excellent addition. It keeps your gear dry during a downpour. Also, the backpack has a separate compartment that gives easy access to your sleeping bag.
- Extra-large storage of 4,000 cubic inches
- Adjustable torso length of 19 to 23 inches
- Integrated rainfly keeps your gear dry
- A rugged 600D oxford canvas offers a long service life
- Daisy chain lets you hang extra gear
1. Insights Element Hunting Backpacks for Game of Hunting
This is a hunting backpack with premium features. So, that explains the extra cost over other backpacks in the same class. First on the list is the micro-brushed tricot fabric. It makes the backpack as quiet as it can get. Plus, it offers excellent water resistance. Another premium feature is the gear access system. It not only folds out into a shelf but also converts to a basket. As such, it allows you to access your gear easily.
This backpack has all the pockets you need. It creates 1,845 cubic inches of storage, enough to stash all your items. Also, it has wide padded straps that allow uniform weight distribution. Hence, it’s comfortable to carry, even with a full load.
- Durable and quiet tricot fabric
- Shelf and basket system keep items within easy reach
- Integrated rain and dust fly protect your gear in all conditions
- A hide-away hip belt makes the backpack ideal for use at work or school
- Multiple storage compartments create 1,845 cubic inches of storage