Popcorn is among the most enjoyable, nutritious snacks. But did you know that more people are ditching oil when preparing popcorn? In fact, oil has become more of an option than a necessity. Plus, people are becoming health-conscious. No wonder, hot air popcorn poppers are gaining popularity lately. Though they don’t use oil, they churn out fluffier, crispy, and tastier popcorn. Above all, they keep down your cholesterol level and calorie count. Besides being convenient, oil-free popcorn makers are more affordable. After all, you have the freedom to choose what to add to the kernels. That said, what are the best hot air popcorn poppers to consider?
We’ve outlined the best oil-free popcorn makers that are highly-rated by users. From the trendy old-fashioned piece to the super convenient air popper, there’s something to match your taste.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Hot Air Popcorn Poppers Reviews
- 10. Original Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper – Silicone Popcorn Maker
- 9. Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popcorn Poppers
- 8. Hamilton Beach Electric Hot Air Popcorn Poppers
- 7. Homself 1200W No-Oil Hot Air Popcorn Popper Maker – Popcorn Machine
- 6. Homdox 1200 W Hot Air Popcorn Machine – Electric Popcorn Maker
- 5. PopAir VKP1162 Electric Hot Air Popcorn Popper
- 4. Presto 04868 Orville Redenbacher’s Fountain Hot Air Popper
- 3. Nostalgia RHP310 Retro Series Hot Air Popcorn Maker
- 2. SIMBR Electric Hot Air Popcorn Maker
- 1. Ozeri Movietime II 26 Cup Healthy Popcorn Maker
Table of the Best Hot Air Popcorn Poppers Reviews
10. Original Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper – Silicone Popcorn Maker
Salbree popcorn maker doesn’t look like much at first sight. But once you put it to use, you’ll realize it has tons of benefits. First, it’s among the lightest popcorn makers on the market. Needless to say, you can flatten it down into a compact shape. Hence, it’s highly portable and easy to store. Inside the bowl are 1/4-cup and 1/2-cup measurement lines. Thus, it saves you from purchasing additional measurement cups. Again, this popcorn maker comes in a silicone material. It’s virtually indestructible and super easy to clean. As far as popcorn makers go, the price is on the low end. That makes it an unbeatable, budget-friendly option.
- Collapsible, space-saving design
- Built-in lines for precise measurements
- Convenient, easy-grab handles
9. Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popcorn Poppers
Presto 04820 is an absolute best seller in its class. And there’s plenty of reasons why everyone loves it. In the first place, this popcorn maker is pretty fast. It can make as much as 18 cups in as little as 2.5 minutes. Also, it’s a 2-in-1 popcorn machine, thanks to the removable butter warmer. Hence, you can make popcorn and melt butter at the same time. The chute doubles as a measuring cup. So, you won’t have problems measuring the exact amount you need. Except for the plastic housing and chute, the machine comes in stainless steel. Therefore, it cooks fast and evenly. You can as well say goodbye to charred popcorn.
- Pops popcorn up to 30% faster
- Multifunctional design (Includes a butter warmer)
- Chute serves popcorn without spilling
- Built-in cord storage saves space
8. Hamilton Beach Electric Hot Air Popcorn Poppers
Are you planning to host some friends? Or maybe churn a cup or two for yourself? Whichever situation, Hamilton Beach 73400 comes prepared. It produces anywhere from 1 to 18 cups in one batch. Again, this popcorn popper has a multifunctional measuring cup. For instance, you can use it to melt butter and add to freshly popped kernels. As a result, it easier to customize your snack, just the way you like it. Also, there’s a chute that directs popcorn into a bowl. That makes serving and cleaning a breeze. Unlike most popcorn poppers, Hamilton Beach 73400 doesn’t have a switch. Therefore, it starts heating the instant you plug it in. It really is one fuss-free popcorn maker.
- Makes big batches of up to 18 cups
- Pops into your bowl for easy serving
- A butter warmer for personalized taste
7. Homself 1200W No-Oil Hot Air Popcorn Popper Maker – Popcorn Machine
Sometimes, you just want to have all the sweet popcorn to yourself. In such a case, you need a machine that churns pretty fast. After all, you want to munch as much before everyone shows up. Well, this popcorn maker makes you worry less. It gets you munching in under 3 minutes. Apparently, speed isn’t the only thing that gives this machine an edge. It uses turbine heating for uniform cooking. So, no more burnt pieces of inedible char. Again, turbine heating boasts a quiet operation. Thus, if you get a craving late in the night, there’s no shame in popping some.
- Aluminium turbine chamber allows uniform heating
- A quiet operation doesn’t disturb those around
- Transparent cover lets you watch the whole process
6. Homdox 1200 W Hot Air Popcorn Machine – Electric Popcorn Maker
An all-black colouring and transparent details make this popcorn popper stand out. In fact, it makes it one of the best picks for ultra-modern kitchens. That aside, this popcorn machine is a speed champion. It can make one batch in as little as 2 minutes. The best part, it doesn’t skimp on efficiency. In fact, it has an impressive popping rate of 98%. A unique wind tunnel delivers hot air constantly for even heating. Above all, it keeps the noise to a minimum. The popping chute is transparent. Hence, keeping an eye on the whole process is no issue. Plus, you can remove the chute for easy cleaning.
- Removable chute makes cleaning a breeze
- Impressive popping rate, up to 98%
- Super-fast heating gives the first batch in 2 minutes
5. PopAir VKP1162 Electric Hot Air Popcorn Popper
For any electrical appliance, safety is key. Lucky for you, this popcorn popper puts safety first. Actually, it’s ETL certified. So, the chances of causing fire are quite slim. Again, it’s equally as efficient. It can do one batch in under 3 minutes. Plus, it can process around 4 quarts of popcorn at a time. To save even more time, it can pop and melt butter at the same time. The spout is noticeably larger than those of most competing models. Therefore, it allows for easy popcorn loading and dispensing. While it gets pretty hot inside, it has a cool-touch exterior. Moreover, it features a broader base for added stability.
- A cool-touch body keeps you from burning your hands
- A broad base sits stable on any level surface
- Large chute for fast loading and dispensing
- Fast operation (Produces 3.5 quarts of popcorn in under 3 minutes)
4. Presto 04868 Orville Redenbacher’s Fountain Hot Air Popper
The design of this popcorn popper is pretty straightforward. Surprisingly, it doesn’t have any flaws. Above all, it’s easy to assemble. But for now, let’s get down to its most outstanding features. To begin with, the popper has a dome-shaped vented cover. For the most part, it guarantees crispy popcorn. Again, the cover doubles as a serving bowl. While it’s not dishwasher safe, you can easily clean with soap and water. As far as performance goes, it yields as much as 20 cups in one batch. It does this in about 3.5 minutes. Moreover, the popper has stainless steel restrictors for enhanced performance. In fact, you can expect nearly 100% popping rate.
- Large popping capacity of 5 quarts
- Large vented cover produces crispy popcorn
- Eye-catching mushroom shape and red colour
3. Nostalgia RHP310 Retro Series Hot Air Popcorn Maker
Nostalgia RHP310 is one gorgeous little device. The vintage design, for instance, gives a nostalgic feel. In fact, it’s the best pick for an authentic and stylish look of the 1950s. But it offers more than good looks. First, it’s a lot lighter and smaller than its modern counterparts. That makes it a convenient countertop size. Not to mention, it has a unique chamber design. The chamber creates swirling airflow. As a result, it leaves behind fewer unpopped kernels. It can yield up to 8 cups in one batch. Well, that’s a bit less than most popcorn poppers on our list. But for a machine its size, it definitely stands out.
- Measuring cup for the proper amount of kernels
- Gorgeous retro-look
- Vortex chamber improves the popping rate
- Space-saving countertop size
2. SIMBR Electric Hot Air Popcorn Maker
This popcorn popper gives theatre-quality popcorn. And it’s good to go in one click. The machine is limited to 80 grams of corn at a time. If you do the math, that’s roughly two spoonfuls. Hence, compared to most models on the list, it produces less per batch. But then, there’s one huge positive. One batch lasts under 2 minutes. As a result, it’s about two times faster than other popcorn poppers.
So, if you’re looking to save time, this machine is your best bet. Again, it has a turbine that ensures uniform heating. The pot liner is non-stick. As such, it doesn’t leave any residue behind. In fact, you can easily wipe clean with a soft cloth.
- A special turbine allows for uniform heating
- Anti-slip mat keeps the popper in one place
- A heat-resistant body protects the user from burns
1. Ozeri Movietime II 26 Cup Healthy Popcorn Maker
Ozeri is a relatively new brand. But it’s already making it big in the world of air popcorn poppers. Ozeri Movietime is among its outstanding models. By all indications, it’s one decent popcorn maker. The best part, it fits a tight budget. And as far as air popcorn poppers go, it boasts one of the largest capacity. A single batch, for instance, pops a whopping 26 cups. So, if you plan to host a party, this is one machine you can count on. Again, it produces one batch in 2.5 minutes. That means it outperforms most models by up to 50%. Plus, it’s a certified popper to ensure your safety.
- Works with a vast variety of popcorn, from regular to gourmet
- Butter melt adds a savoury taste to your popcorn
- Extra-large capacity of 26 cups in one batch