It’s quite hard keeping a consistent workout routine on a gym membership. Plus, you might not be comfortable with people watching or judging you. So, why not accomplish this with an all-in-one machine in the comfort of your home? Well, home gyms are the next big thing in the fitness industry. These machines help you boost overall fitness by working every muscle. Also, they are available in a range of prices and with different features. But how do you pick the best home gym equipment?
Home gyms tend to vary based on style, quality, and function. Hence, choosing the best home gym set can be a considerable challenge. To help you out, we’ve narrowed down the list to the top best home gyms for small spaces.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Home Gyms Reviews
- 10. Bowflex Xtreme Home Gyms for Full Body Workout
- 9. Marcy 150lb Stack Home Gym – MWM-988
- 8. Marcy Home Gym Machine with Linear Bearing
- 7. Weider Home Gym – 214 lb Stack, 300 lbs
- 6. Marcy 150lb Home Gym Station for Total Body Training
- 5. XMark Functional Trainer Cable Machine – Dual 200 lb Weight Stacks
- 4. Goplus Multifunction Exercise Workout Equipment Fitness Home Gym Machine
- 3. Home Exercise Gold’s Gym XR 55 Home Gym
- 2. MiM USA Hercules 1001 Commercial All in One Smith Machine
- 1. Bodycraft Galena Pro Home Gym
Table of the Best Home Gyms Reviews
10. Bowflex Xtreme Home Gyms for Full Body Workout
Bowflex has been among the industry leaders for years. And this home gym holds true to the brand’s reputation. It offers a wide selection of workouts, more than 60. hence, this is a machine that targets all muscle groups. The machine offers 210 pounds of power rod resistance. However, you can upgrade 310 or 410 pounds for more demanding workouts.
Again, this home gym is fully customizable. For instance, it offers multiple cable and pulley positions. Not to mention, it has a triple-function handgrip. Hence, you can easily adjust to suit your needs and skill level. Bowflex home gym comes with a sliding seat rail ideal for leg presses and aerobic exercises. Moreover, it has a folding bench and wheels. Thus, it’s easier to store and move around.
- Power Rod resistance is ultra-smooth and easy on the joints
- 210 pounds resistance is upgradeable to 310 or 410 pounds for advanced lifters
- Supports over 60 exercises for a full-body workout
- Multi-position pulley system and triple-function grips enable custom workouts
9. Marcy 150lb Stack Home Gym – MWM-988
Marcy Fitness has a wide range of affordable home gyms. The MWM-98 is among its mid-range models. Though not a gym-grade machine, it’s among the best for home use. No wonder it gets some pretty good feedback from most users. Not to mention, it has a sturdy 14-gauge steel frame that supports up to 300 pounds.
The machine has six workout stations that support over 36 different exercises. Again, it uses a 150-pound weight stack to generate resistance. The weight stack is non-upgradable. Nonetheless, you can improvise by attaching dumbbell plates for extra weight resistance. The machine uses 16 heavy-duty nylon pulleys. Together with steel cables, it offers an impressive tensile strength of 2, 000 pounds. Thus, there’s zero chance it will snap during use.
- Sealed ball bearings offer smooth operation and long lifespan
- Steel cables have a tensile strength of 2,000 pounds to hold more weight
- Six workout stations accommodate more than 36 workouts
- Durable 14-gauge steel frame supports up to 300 pounds
8. Marcy Home Gym Machine with Linear Bearing
Marcy Smith Cage home gym is among the most versatile. It’s more of three strength machines built into one compact design. No wonder, it’s capable of accommodating more than 100 exercises. Overall, it’s a decent choice for serious home gym strength training.
The machine doesn’t come with weights. However, it includes six storage pegs for Olympic plates. This home gym has large nylon pulleys that offer 2,000 pounds of tensile strength. Moreover, the pulley system uses ultra-glide ball bearings. As such, it offers one of the smoothest movements. Thanks to the all-steel construction, it supports users weighing up to 300 pounds.
- Aircraft-grade steel cable offers 2,000 pounds of tensile strength
- All-in-one workout station accommodates over 100 gym-quality exercises
- Olympic weight rack with six storage pegs lets you engage in intense weight lifting
- 7-degree slant allows for natural lower and upper body movements
- Commercial-grade construction supports a combined weight of 600 pounds
7. Weider Home Gym – 214 lb Stack, 300 lbs
Weider 2980 X is a decent choice for beginners and intermediate users. It’s a home gym that’s been there for quite a while. Over the years, this machine has witnessed major improvements. As of now, it allows you to perform over 36 exercises. Though not adjustable, the seat has a curl pad that provides three height positions. It lets you gain 5 extra inches, allowing it to fit a wide range of users.
The machine has a 214-pound weight stack to provide resistance. While not upgradable, the pulley system adds more resistance. Moreover, the pulley system comes in heavy-duty nylon with sealed bearings. As such, it offers durable performance for years to come.
- Curl pad attachment offers 3 height positions
- Durable double-coated steel frame supports a maximum user weight of 300 pounds
- Six workout stations support over 36 exercises
- Military-grade steel ropes offer excellent tensile strength
6. Marcy 150lb Home Gym Station for Total Body Training
Marcy MWM-990 is among the best entry-level machines on the market. It’s simple but effective. Not to mention, it offers enough choice of workstations for the entire body workout. Overall, it accommodates more than 30 strength training exercises.
The 150-pound weight stack is enclosed. Hence, it’s much safer than machines with free weights. Above all, the storage peg makes it easier to make adjustments. The broad base and non-slip feet make the entire machine stable. Furthermore, it has a sturdy steel frame with a user weight limit of 300 pounds.
- Multiple work stations accommodate over 30 exercises
- Adjustable curl pad isolates bicep exercises
- Enclosed weight stack lets you train safely
- Weight stack lock prevents unauthorized use of the machine
5. XMark Functional Trainer Cable Machine – Dual 200 lb Weight Stacks
XMark 7626 is easily the most versatile home gym on the market. It offers gym-grade quality and is equipped with heavier weight stacks. Not to mention, this machine has a lot of other extras to improve your workout experience. The machine has 16 pulleys, each fully adjustable to 19 different positions. As such, it offers a wider choice of exercises, more than 35.
As mentioned earlier, this machine has heavier weight stacks. It has two 200-pound weight stacks. Also, it uses the more durable cast-iron plates that last a lifetime. The machine has a 3-position seat and a 7-position backrest. Hence, it comfortably fits a wide range of users. Furthermore, it uses a cold-rolled steel frame. Though it has a user weight limit of 300 pounds, it can hold well over 1,500 pounds of total weight.
- Pulley system has 19 adjustment slots of 1 to 6.6 inches to accommodate more exercises
- Two weight stacks of 200 pounds each offer serious strength training
- A Cold-rolled steel frame has an extra-large weight capacity of 1,500 pounds
- Adjustable seat and backrest offer additional comfort
4. Goplus Multifunction Exercise Workout Equipment Fitness Home Gym Machine
As the name suggests, this is a multifunctional home gym. It’s an ideal choice for chest press, arm press, and leg development. Apart from that, it has low and high pulley systems. As such, it accommodates more other exercises to work out the entire body.
The machine comes with a 100-pound weight stack. Made of 10-pound counterweights, you can easily adjust the resistance to meet your fitness needs. The frame uses thick, 1.5mm steel tubes to support more weight. Above all, it has an H-shaped base for improved stability.
- 12 high and low pulleys offer a wide range of exercises
- 100-pound weight stack provides adjustable resistance
- Small-space saving footprint
- H-shaped base offers additional stability
3. Home Exercise Gold’s Gym XR 55 Home Gym
You don’t have to always opt for the most expensive home gym machines. After all, there are less expensive models that effectively work out your body muscles. XR 55 is one such machine. It lets you perform more than 36 exercises. It has a sturdy steel frame rated for users up to 300 pounds.
The backrest and seat feature 3 adjustable positions. Well, that’s a huge plus for such an affordable machine. Also, it means you can easily find a position that’s more comfortable for you. The weight plates offer 125 pounds of resistance. Though not made of cast iron, the plates have a vinyl casing. As such, they’re more resistant to nicks.
- Six workout stations let you perform over 36 exercises
- Adjustable seat, backrest, and curl pad offer a comfortable workout position
- Thick, consistent padding provides additional comfort
- Durable vinyl-cased weight plates offer 125 pounds of smooth and quiet resistance
2. MiM USA Hercules 1001 Commercial All in One Smith Machine
This is a full-set commercial-grade home gym machine. In as much as it doesn’t include weight stacks, it can bear loads of up to 800 pounds. That said, this is a machine that offers serious strength training. Above all, this is a combo all-in-one trainer. It features the Smith home gym and a functional trainer. With such a combination, it works out all muscle groups.
The weight bench is fully adjustable for additional comfort. This home gym has an unsymmetrical design. Not only does it keep the weights balanced, but it also saves space.
- Durable chrome-plated sleeves
- A commercial-grade steel frame is rated for users up to 350 pounds
- Impressive load-bearing of up to 800 pounds generates incredible resistance
- The unsymmetrical design saves space and keeps the weights balanced
1. Bodycraft Galena Pro Home Gym
Unlike the other home gym machines on our list, Bodycraft Galena has two seats. One seat is for pec fly station and leg press. The other is for press station, lat station, and leg developer. Not to mention, the seats are adjustable to fit a wide range of users. With three workout stations, the machine lets you perform over 30 exercises. Though you can perform these exercises on most home gyms, the stations are specifically designed for such exercises. Hence, even with minimal knowledge, you can easily perform them.
The weight stack offers 200 pounds of resistance. However, the pulley system bumps it up to 300 pounds. The machine weighs 400 pounds. Given its weight, stability shouldn’t be an issue. Also, it has large anti-slip rubberized pads that keep it securely on the floor.
- 19-strand cables offer 2,000 pounds of tensile strength
- Adjustable seats support user height of up to 6 feet 5 inches
- Durable metallic alloy weight plates offer more than 200 pounds of resistance
- Three workout stations let you perform over 30 exercises