Though it makes an excellent choice for cardiovascular workouts, a treadmill can take up quite a bit of space. Your best alternative – a folding treadmill. For the most part, this space-saver machine allows you to enjoy the benefits of a treadmill in your smaller apartment or multipurpose room. The best part, the quality of these machines has dramatically improved over the years. So, if you’ve decided that a folding treadmill is a way to go, then getting a new model is a wise decision. However, selecting the best folding treadmills can be quite overwhelming. And it gets even worse if you don’t know much or anything about folding treadmills.
But fear not. We’ve browsed through the folding treadmills landscape and came up with the top 10 folding treadmills that rank high in quality, stability, motor power, and of course, affordability.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Folding Treadmills Reviews
- 10. Confidence Power Plus 600W Motorized Folding Treadmill Running Machine
- 9. Sunny Health & Fitness Folding Treadmill with Device Holder
- 8. 3G Cardio 80i Fold Flat Electric Running Treadmill
- 7. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Portable Treadmill Running Machine
- 6. NordicTrack C 990 Walking Treadmill for Home
- 5. Horizon Fitness T202 Advanced Commercial Treadmills
- 4. GOPLUS 2.25HP Incline Folding Treadmill Machine for Home
- 3. MaxKare Home Folding Treadmill with Incline Motorized Running Machine
- 2. Juane Folding Treadmill for Walking, Jogging & Running
- 1. ZELUS 750W Compact Treadmill Machine for Running
Table of the Best Folding Treadmills Reviews
10. Confidence Power Plus 600W Motorized Folding Treadmill Running Machine
Confidence Power Plus combines all the basic functions of a folding walking treadmill. In the first place, it offers a standard console that displays calories, time, speed, and distance. While most treadmills at its price range are manually propelled, this machine provides a motorized electric platform. It uses a 600-watt motor that gets you from 0.6 to 6.2 mph. Unlike most folding treadmills, it’s pretty lightweight and small enough to store under the bed. Overall, if you’re looking for a ridiculously low priced folding treadmill that supports walking and light jogging, then Confidence Power Plus makes an excellent choice.
- Super compact footprint (49 x 24 inches) saves space
- Fully pre-assembled
- Supports user weights of up to 250 pounds
9. Sunny Health & Fitness Folding Treadmill with Device Holder
At its price range, the SF-T4400 treadmill is feature-rich. For instance, while most folding treadmills at its price range lack programmable workouts, this machine has a whopping 9 workout programs. Not to mention, it also comes with a manual mode. And apart from the basic display of time, speed, distance, and calories burned, this machine can also calculate BMI. The treadmill uses a 2.2 HP motor that allows you to run up from 0.5 to 9 mph.
More importantly, it offers fine increments of 0.1 mph to suit different fitness levels. Also, this treadmill machine has 3 levels of incline, allowing you to adjust the level of intensity. Keep in mind; this treadmill machine supports up to 220 pounds.
- Quick speed buttons allow you to jump to 2, 4, and 6 mph
- Optional handrail control keys for starting, stopping, and adjusting the speed
- Quiet and smooth-running motor
- Soft drop system makes folding safe and hassle-free
8. 3G Cardio 80i Fold Flat Electric Running Treadmill
3G Cardio 80i is a relatively new treadmill from a relatively new brand. To begin with, this treadmill has a unique dual fold system. Unlike those of other folding treadmills, it allows the machine to fold flat to save more space. As a matter of fact, this is the only fold flat machine built specifically for runners. Thanks to the 3 HP motor, the treadmill offers speeds of 0.5 to 11 mph. Not to mention, the motor can accommodate weights of up to 325 pounds. The console comes with 8 built-in programs and has a display screen for basic workout readouts.
- Folds entirely flat to only 9.75 inches tall
- 8 workout programs (comprises customizable programs and 3 fitness tests)
- 15% incline allows for endurance training
- The heavy-duty frame can handle runners impact
7. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Portable Treadmill Running Machine
Weslo Cadence G 59 boasts more features than a lot of treadmills in its class. In the first place, this treadmill has 6 programmed workouts primarily for intensity training and weight loss. Hence, there’s no more guesswork in trying to find a perfect workout. Secondly, the treadmill has a heart rate monitor, something that lacks in most machines. Thus, you can easily measure your intensity. The 2.25 HP motor can stand up to heavy-duty use.
For instance, it can hold up to 275 pounds. Besides, it offers speeds of up to 10 mph. All in all, this machine makes an ideal entry-level treadmill for home use.
- A comfortable cell cushion saves your knees and joints
- Two incline positions help increase calorie burn
- High-quality blue-tinted LCD
6. NordicTrack C 990 Walking Treadmill for Home
C 990 is the best buy in the Nordic Track C series. The machine has a bunch of top selling points. To start with, it has a spacious (60 x 20 inches) running track. Hence, it’s long enough for most runners. Besides, the track provides better grip and adjustable cushioning. And instead of manual incline, this treadmill has an automated 12% incline. The 3 CHP motor runs quieter than comparable 3 HP motors.
The best part, it can support large users, up to 325 pounds. Another excellent feature is the wireless heart rate monitor. It’s iFit enabled, allowing you to download personalized workout programs and compete in treadmill races. Overall, C 990 is a solid treadmill with lots of entertainment to offer.
- 32 built-in workout programs
- 7-inch colored touch display with internet browser
- iFitness app allows for interactive personal training
- Adjustable to 15 incline levels and 12 speeds
- Integrated sound system with speakers
5. Horizon Fitness T202 Advanced Commercial Treadmills
Horizon Fitness T101 has excellent features that compete with the best treadmills out there. For the most part, this is an entry-level treadmill. It’s relatively small and easy to fold for storage. The machine has an updated speaker system and Bluetooth connection. Hence, this is one treadmill that will make time literally fly by. The track inclines up to 10%, making workouts even more efficient.
Apart from the basic readouts, T101 has a heart rate monitor. You get a user-friendly console with LED lighting for easy reading, even in the dark. Also, this treadmill supports up to 300 pounds, which is more than average.
- Integrated cooling fan
- 9 built-in programs
- A quiet 2.5 CHP gives continuous speeds of up to 10 mph
- 3-zone adjustable cushioning
4. GOPLUS 2.25HP Incline Folding Treadmill Machine for Home
Goplus 2.25 HP treadmill is a heavy-duty fitness machine designed for long-term use. It has a high-quality steel frame and a motor that accommodates heavy training. So, if you’re into endurance training or interval training, this machine will make an excellent choice. Not to mention, the motor has speeds of 0.5 to 7.5 mph. Hence, it can accommodate walking and intense running training.
The treadmill has 3 adjustable inclines that mimic uphill running. It gives an intense workout, especially for serious runners. Overall, the machine has 12 pre-set programs to accommodate particular goals. Also, it comes with integrated phone storage, allowing you to stay connected as you train.
- Cushioned sides reduce noise and stress on feet and leg muscles
- High-quality Blu-ray LCD display
- Built-in sound system
3. MaxKare Home Folding Treadmill with Incline Motorized Running Machine
Thanks to the cost-effective design, this folding treadmill ranks higher than other machines in its category. For the most part, this treadmill offers more features than you’d typically get in machines within its price range. To start, it has 15 built-in programs to accommodate specific fitness goals. The tread belt is 17 inches wide, making it strong enough for users up to 220 pounds.
Apart from that, the treadmill uses a 2.5 HP pure-copper motor for lasting durability. The motor allows you to enjoy your run from as low as 0.5 to as high as 8.5 mph. Furthermore, this treadmill machine has 3 incline levels for varying your intensity.
- Ergonomic design accommodates user heights of 4 feet 6 inches to 6 feet 2 inches
- Soft drop system makes folding and unfolding hassle-free
- Anti-shock system cuts down noise and vibrations
2. Juane Folding Treadmill for Walking, Jogging & Running
Juane treadmill is a machine with a super compact footprint. Hence, it makes an excellent choice where space is a concern. The running belt has a surprisingly high-quality texture. Overall, the belt comprises 6 layers for shock absorption, sound insulation, and wear resistance. Unlike some folding treadmills out there, this particular model fully folds to 90 degrees to facilitate storage.
A multifunctional blue display gives readouts of time, speed, distance, calories burned, and heart rate. This folding treadmill supports up to 220 pounds.
- Low noise motor allows for a smooth workout experience
- Non-slip lawn texture running belt
- An integrated handgrip pulse sensor
- Safety key for added protection
1. ZELUS 750W Compact Treadmill Machine for Running
Zelus folding treadmill brings us to the end of our list. It’s one sturdy treadmill designed to last a lifetime. It combines a 5-layer running surface and a 265-pound weight capacity to keep you confident in your training. Also, the machine is amazingly quiet, thanks to the enhanced shock absorption technology. From 0.6 to 6 mph, the treadmill can accommodate gentle to intense workouts.
Another excellent feature is the crisp LED monitor. Not only does it keep track of basic readouts, but it also monitors heart rate. Moreover, the treadmill’s integrated speakers come in handy to keep you entertained as you train.
- FitShow app takes control of your workout to save on costly trainers
- Two built-in cup holders
- Quick speed buttons for 3, 5, 7, and 10 km/h speeds
- 12 pre-set workout programs