Are you thinking about ditching your compressor? Or maybe that hose that you’ve tripped over too many a time? As much as pneumatic nail guns are all the rage, portability is a major concern. Above all, when you factor in the hose and compressed air, the price goes up. Now, how about a standalone package? One that does away with noisy compressors and hose tangles? Well, we’re talking electric nail guns. These nailers relieve a lot of physical work. The cordless variety, in particular, offers more mobility. But here’s the thing. It can be quite hard making a selection of the best electric nail guns.
So let’s make things easier for you. Here, we introduce you to the top 10 best electric brad nailers. We hope it will help you narrow down to that one electric nailer you’ve been looking for.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Electric Nail Guns Reviews
- 10. PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer Kit
- 9. DEWALT DCN680D1 Cordless Finish Nailer Kit
- 8. Hitachi NT1850DE 18V Compact Battery-Powered Nail Gun
- 7. VonHaus Corded Electric Gauge Brad Nailer and Stapler Kit
- 6. BOSTITCH BCN662D1 20V MAX 16 Gauge Cordless Finish Nailer
- 5. Ryobi P320 Airstrike 18 Volt One Cordless Brad Nailer
- 4. Senco FN65DA F-15 Fusion Finish Nailer
- 3. Ryobi P330 18V One Plus Angled 15 Gauge Finish Nailer
- 2. Makita XNB01Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Brad Nailer
- 1. CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless Brad Nailer Kit
Table of the Best Electric Nail Guns Reviews
10. PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer Kit
Cordless nail guns are all the rage lately. After all, who doesn’t like the freedom of working without being tethered? Porter-Cable Nailer is one such tool that gives reliable firepower. Above all, it can handle different materials and climate conditions. The design might fool you into thinking this is one heavy tool. In fact, the head is a bit bigger than other models. But here’s the thing. This nail gun is the lightest in its class at 5.9 pounds. Even with its compact size, the magazine manages to hold 100 nails. Hence, you only need to load a few times to complete your project. The nail gun is specially designed to shoot 5/8 to 2-inch, 18-gauge brads.
Again, the nail gun has a dial window and a tool-free depth adjustment wheel. Thus, it allows for consistent driving depth. Once fully charged, the 1.5Ah battery can drive up to 1,300 nails.
- Multi-use LED lights illuminate the work area
- Longer run time (Fires up to 1,300 nails on a single charge)
- Tool-free release lever and depth adjustment wheel make your life easier
- Magazine capacity of 100 reduces the number of times you need to load
9. DEWALT DCN680D1 Cordless Finish Nailer Kit
Save yourself the need to lug around bulky compressors. Or better still, run air hoses. After all, such tasks require a fair amount of setup. Want a solid alternative? Well, the Dewalt DCN680D1 nailer is your best bet. This tried, and true nailer boasts one of the most energy-efficient motors. Unlike other motors, this brushless motor has a flywheel design. First, it stores energy from its rotation. Above all, it spins super fast. In fact, this is one nailer that features no lag time. It fires 5/8-inch to 2-1/8-inch brads. Like Porter-Cable, it’s used with 18-gauge nails. Unlike 16 or 15-gauge equivalents, it has a small nose. Hence, it offers an improved line of sight and accuracy in nail placement.
Though not an everyday occurrence, nails can jam. Thanks to a clearing jam, you can easily retract stuck nails. Also, this nailer uses a more compact 1.5Ah battery. Despite the size, it drives up to 850 nails on a single charge. On a side note, this nailer has LED lights for illumination.
- Low nail lockout prevents unnecessary dents on the workpiece
- Battery indicator shows the amount of charge left
- Durable, energy-efficient brushless motor
- Micro-nose improves accuracy
8. Hitachi NT1850DE 18V Compact Battery-Powered Nail Gun
Get total freedom from one of the most preferred brands of nailers. Out of the box, it gives the first impression of a heavy tool. Surprisingly, it feels lighter on the hands. Apparently, superior balance and ergonomics negate the weight. One huge positive of this tool is the 3Ah battery. It’s slimmer and lighter than its equivalents. It weighs 0.8 pounds, with traditional models weighing 1.4 pounds. Nonetheless, it packs impressive power. For instance, it drives up to 1,650 nails per charge. Though it’s an electric nailer, it uses an air spring drive system. As a result, it offers zero ramp-up time. Above all, it offers high-speed shots. In fact, this brad nailer can drive up to 3 nails per second.
- Side-lock switch prevents accidental firing
- Air spring system offers a smooth recoil and super-fast firing
- Pivot belt hook accommodates left or right-hand users
- Compact and lighter 3Ah battery
7. VonHaus Corded Electric Gauge Brad Nailer and Stapler Kit
How about an electric nail gun that offers more value? Well, this 2-in-1 corded nailer might appeal to you. It can fire nails as well as staples. Also, keep in mind this is a corded tool. Hence, it offers more power and unlimited runtime. Above all, the absence of batteries makes it considerably lighter. One thing we love is the ability to adjust the impact strength. It helps avoid damage to materials. This nail gun isn’t the fastest out there. However, the ability to fire 20 nails per minute is quite impressive. The best part, it’s compatible with most 18-gauge brads and staples. On a side note, this nailer is strictly for softwoods.
- A complete set supplied with nails and staples
- The corded design offers unlimited runtime
- Adjustable power to suit the material at hand
- 2-in-1 design fires nails and staples
6. BOSTITCH BCN662D1 20V MAX 16 Gauge Cordless Finish Nailer
This nail gun offers cordless convenience in multiple applications. It’s a straight finish nailer compatible with 16-gauge brads. So, it can handle anything from baseboards, crown moulding, to window casings. For the record, it’s compatible with 1-1/4-inch to 2-1/2-inch brads. The brushless motor allows for optimal runtime. Again, it increases the service life of the nailer. Another huge positive is the narrow nose. It gives a clear line of sight for perfect nail placement.
Above all, you don’t have to swap triggers to change the firing mode. It’s virtually tool-free, making framing work quick and convenient. The battery gives two power levels to work with. Hence, it’s easier to preserve battery life. On a single charge, it can fire up to 1,200 nails.
- Easy depth adjustment and mode changes
- Adjustable power level preserves battery life
- Narrow nose increases accuracy
5. Ryobi P320 Airstrike 18 Volt One Cordless Brad Nailer
There are lots of electric nail guns out there. However, few come close to Ryobi P320 Airstrike. It’s packed with innovative features, all within your budget. First, this nail gun has twin LED lights. Hence, you can drive nails more precisely in dim lighting. Again, this nail gun drives more nails per charge, up to 1,700. It uses a large-capacity 4Ah battery purchased separately. Like other models on the list, it has an adjustable depth of drive. So, it’s a versatile tool for framing almost all types of wooden surfaces. Another excellent feature is the dry-fire protection. It keeps your valuable furniture free of damage in case the nails run out.
- 4Ah battery offers extended runtime (Drives up to 1,700 nails)
- Padded grip minimizes arm fatigue
- Low-nails indicator shows when it’s time to reload
- Convenient adjustments offer optimal results on most wooden surfaces
4. Senco FN65DA F-15 Fusion Finish Nailer
This nail gun isn’t the first of its kind. Nonetheless, it’s among the most powerful and compact out there. Well, you rarely get a nail gun that comes with a carry case. At least not for a budget nail gun. So, we definitely love the moulded plastic carry case. It has ample room for the nail gun, battery, and charger. Also, there’s an extra storage space for nails and small parts. Overall, it’s one of the best picks for a travel-friendly nail gun. Again, this nail gun has sealed nitrogen gas that gives a pneumatic-like recoil. A visual gauge makes it easier to configure the nail depth. You might not get the most runtime out of the battery. However, 500 to 600 shots per charge are more than adequate.
- Rapid charging (Reaches 80% in under 15 minutes)
- LED work light allows for precision shots in low light
- Pneumatic-like recoil offers an instant shot once you pull the trigger
3. Ryobi P330 18V One Plus Angled 15 Gauge Finish Nailer
P330 is the fourth addition to Ryobi’s arsenal of cordless nailers. As the name suggests, this tool offers an air-like performance. The best part, it does so without the need for an external air compressor. The ergonomics are pretty solid. Not to mention, this is a well-balanced tool. So, even with its bulky appearance, it’s comfortable to hold for long hours. This nail gun uses a 4Ah battery, driving up to 750 nails per charge. Keep in mind; this is a 15-gauge nailer. Hence, it’s ideal for those that want to expand to larger diameters. Plus, the angled design makes it suitable for working around hardware.
- The over-moulded handle offers excellent grip
- No-mar tip protects work surfaces from damage
- Airstrike technology offers decent nail-driving performance
2. Makita XNB01Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Brad Nailer
Makita XNB01Z is one tool that accepts any 18-volt lithium battery. So, there are no compatibility issues, even for a “bare” tool. Nonetheless, Makita provides a 5Ah battery. On a single charge, it can fire up to 1,000 nails. In fact, it offers 65% more runtime than its equivalents. The best part, it reaches a full charge in under 45 minutes. This nail gun has an extra-large magazine capacity of 110 nails.
We love that the magazine has length markings. It makes it easier to verify the size of nails that go in. Rubber over-mould and bumpers offer excellent grip. Another lovable feature is the reversible belt clip. It’s ideal for both left and right-hand users. Above all, it’s easier to attach the tool to a belt when not in use.
- Decent nail capacity of 110
- Rapid charger saves time
- Markings on the magazine allow you to tell nail sizes quickly
- Covered switch locks out debris
1. CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless Brad Nailer Kit
Closing the list is Craftsman V20 cordless nailer. This is a nail gun from a reputable brand in power tools. But it offers more than a good name. It gives consistent firing power, regardless of the material or weather. This nail gun is specially designed for 18-gauge brads, up to 2 inches. One thing that impressed us is the V20 lithium battery. It’s compatible with other Craftsman V20 cordless tools. In one charge, it fires up to 420 nails. Also, this nail gun makes depth adjustment a breeze. In fact, all adjustments are tool-free, from depth settings to jam release. Again, this nail gun comes supplied with brad strips. Hence, it’s ready for the job right out of the box.
- Includes brad strips to get you started
- The battery is compatible with other V20 cordless tools
- An over-moulded contoured handle gives better grip