There are some places we hardly miss after a long day at work. Among them is that local fish and chip corner store. But in today’s chef-oriented society, you can enjoy the delights of deep-fried food at the comfort of your home. A quality deep fryer is one appliance that will not only increase the flavour profile of fried foods but also make them crunchier. More importantly, they are packed with “set and forget functions” that leave your hands free for other tasks. Unfortunately, not all deep fryers are made the same. The style, capacity, and quality, for instance, tend to differ. So, how do you tell the good from the bad? Better still, what are the best deep fryers on the market?
Here, we’ve rounded up the top 10 deep fryers based on ease-of-use, temperature controls, and other unique features that make them stand out. Above all, we consider cooking performance in terms of speed and how evenly they fry food.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Deep Fryers Reviews
- 10. T-fal Model FR8000 Stainless Steel Deep Fryer with Basket & Oil Filtration
- 9. Hamilton Beach Professional Electric Deep Fryers
- 8. Hamilton Beach Stainless Steel Deep Fryer with Triple Basket
- 7. Cuisinart CDF-200 4 Quart Outdoor Deep Fryer
- 6. Cuisinart CDF-100 Compact Brushed Stainless Steel Deep Fryer
- 5. Presto Stainless Steel Dual Basket Pro Electric Fry
- 4. Secura 1700-Watt Stainless-Steel Triple Basket Deep Fryer
- 3. Hamilton Beach 35035 Electric Deep Fryer With Basket – 4.5 Liter Oil Capacity
- 2. KRUPS KJ502D51 Stainless Steel Triple Basket Fryer
- 1. DeLonghi D44528DZ Livenza Easy Clean Deep Fryer
Table of the Best Deep Fryers Reviews
10. T-fal Model FR8000 Stainless Steel Deep Fryer with Basket & Oil Filtration
FR8000 is one deep fryer that gives restaurant-like experience. It has a brushed, quality steel construction. And as far as cooking capacity goes, it can easily cater for the whole family. For instance, it holds 3.5 litres of oil and cooks up to 2.65 pounds of food in a single batch. This deep fryer has a unique EZ oil-filtration system. Not only does it filter oil, but it also saves it for future use. The handles are cool to touch. Hence, there’s zero chance of frying injuries. The deep fryer has a 1,700-watt thermostat, which is fully adjustable to 374°F.
- The immersed heating element provides accurate heat batch after batch
- 2-position basket allows for cooking and draining
- Non-stick interior pot
9. Hamilton Beach Professional Electric Deep Fryers
This is a versatile and generously-sized deep fryer. It promises faster cooking than most of the competition out there. The oil, for instance, comes to the temperature in as little as 15 minutes. The container holds about 2 litres of oil and cooks up to 3 pounds of food in one batch. Additionally, the fryer has a safety lid with a view window for real-time monitoring. The cooking temperatures are adjustable up to 375°F.
- Cool-touch sides for added safety
- The removable 1500-watt heating element
- Includes a draining basket
- Breakaway magnetic power cord
8. Hamilton Beach Stainless Steel Deep Fryer with Triple Basket
Well, this is Hamilton 35034, one of the largest fryers on the market. And it’s this size that makes it ideal for professional use. It holds up to 4.5 litres of oil and cooks up to 12 cups of food at a go. Also, the fryer has 3 baskets. As a result, it can cook different types of food at the same time. The heating element immerses into the oil to speed up the frying process. Unlike most deep fryers, it has a timer with an audible tone. Hence, you can program it to meet the needs of specific foods.
- Built-in timer adjustable to 30 minutes
- Maximum frying temperature of 375°F
- Lid protects from oil splashes
- View window allows you to see food as it cooks
7. Cuisinart CDF-200 4 Quart Outdoor Deep Fryer
This is a professional-grade deep fryer. It has 4-quart oil capacity. Hence, it can deep fry everything from vegetables to the main dishes. It comes with a large mesh basket and two smaller ones. For this reason, you can fry up to two types of food in one batch. The fryer uses a 1,800-watt immersion heater. With such power, it’s able to heat up fast, up to 325°F. Furthermore, the unit comes with a 1-gallon enamel oil basin. More importantly, the basin has a spout for spill-free draining.
- Stainless steel construction allows for even distribution of heat
- Cooks up to 2.3 pounds of food in a single batch
- Mesh baskets have cool-touch handles for added safety
6. Cuisinart CDF-100 Compact Brushed Stainless Steel Deep Fryer
Cuisinart CDF-100 has an exceptionally small footprint. So, if you don’t have enough counter space for a large deep fryer, this unit will make an excellent choice. It fries up to 0.75 pounds of food, which is quite impressive for its size. Also, it holds up to 1.1 litres of oil. It heats up pretty fast, making it ideal for spur-of-the-moment snacks. The fryer reaches a temperature of up to 375°F. The frying pot, on the other hand, comes in non-stick die-cast aluminium. It conducts heat better and is much easier to clean. Furthermore, the fryer comes with a convenient window, so you don’t miss what’s going on inside.
- Chrome-plated steel mesh basket
- Brushed stainless steel finish conceals scratches
- Built-in carry handles
- A charcoal filter removes odours
5. Presto Stainless Steel Dual Basket Pro Electric Fry
Presto 05466 is a professional-style deep fryer for home use. It can hold as much as 5 quarts of oil. Nonetheless, you can do fine with a minimum of 3.5 quarts of oil. And at one go, the fryer can hold as much as 12 cups of food, or an equivalent of 5 pounds. So, if you plan to fry large pieces of meat such as fish or chicken, this unit will make an excellent choice. You can remove the 1,800-watt heating element for easy cleaning. Additionally, the unit has a charcoal filter that keeps odours to a minimum. The thermostat is adjustable to 375°F and has a light signal that tells when the oil is ready.
- Two oblong-shaped baskets accommodate large pieces of food
- Removable enamel pot for easy cleaning
- The cover has a filter that reduces splattering
4. Secura 1700-Watt Stainless-Steel Triple Basket Deep Fryer
Are you looking for an affordable and high-capacity deep fryer? Well, this particular model from Secure is something you should consider. For the most part, this is a deep fryer for the big parties or grand events at home. Not only can it cook up to 17 cups of food at a go, but it also comes with three baskets for frying two different foods at a go. Apart from that, the unit has plenty of safety features. The lid, for instance, protects against oil splashes. Also, the unit is cool to touch for added safety. The immersion heater heats up rapidly and recovers oil temperature fast.
- Adjustable heat control from 250°F to 375°F
- Oil tank holds up to 4 litres
- Automatic timer adjustable to 60 minutes
- Ready light tells you when it’s time to start frying
3. Hamilton Beach 35035 Electric Deep Fryer With Basket – 4.5 Liter Oil Capacity
The size and weight of this deep fryer are suitable for higher loads of food. It can cook up to 12 cups of food, enough for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Also, the fryer comes with an extra-large basket that holds up to 3 quarts of food. It’s fully adjustable. You can set the temperature to a maximum of 375°F. Besides that, it has a timer that’s adjustable up to 30 minutes. Hence, you can take a walk and not worry about food overcooking.
- Splatter-free lid
- Professional-grade immersed heating element
- Ready indicator lights
- 5-liter oil tank
2. KRUPS KJ502D51 Stainless Steel Triple Basket Fryer
This deep fryer uses 1,800 watts of power. So, it doesn’t take long to heat up a large tank of oil. It heats the 4.5 litres of oil in as little as 11 minutes. Well, that’s pretty fast compared to most units with the same capacity. Besides, it recovers temperature in as fast as 4 minutes. The fryer can handle up to 2.6 pounds of food at a time. Additionally, it has easy-to-read displays, which includes a built-in timer. All removable parts are safe to clean in a dishwasher.
- Three frying baskets
- Cool-touch exterior stays at 1375°F
- The vented lid keeps oil inside but allows steam to escape
- 4 preset functions for doughnuts, chicken, french fries, and onion rings
- Odour filter
- Large view window
1. DeLonghi D44528DZ Livenza Easy Clean Deep Fryer
Here is a deep fryer with quite a mouthful of a name. Nonetheless, what matters most is its excellent features. To begin with, this is a feature-packed deep fryer. So, it doesn’t come as a surprise that it costs a bit more than other units in its class. The EasyClean system is among its most notable features. By using an integrated spout, it makes it easy to drain out used oil directly from the fryer. The fryer holds 1 gallon of oil, which is enough to fry large pieces of food. Also, the unit has a larger cool zone that filters out food particles to keep the oil clean and odourless.
- Extends the use of oil by up to 20%
- Integrated handles for easy portability
- 3-pound food capacity
- Adjustable thermostat and digital timer