If you own a trailer, then it is only natural that you are worried about its security. And that’s what makes the trailer hitch locks so essential. The trailer hitch locks are obviously one of the most important things that you need to secure your trailer. They are available in different designs and can fit almost all kinds of couplers. Thus, all you need to do is to basically choose the perfect one for yourself.
However, choosing the perfect trailer hitch lock can be really very tiresome since there are a plethora of products available. Hence, we have compiled this list of best trailer hitch locks only for you. Have a look to choose the best one for yourself:
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Trailer Hitch Locks Reviews
- 10. Master Lock 377KA Trailer Coupler Lock
- 9. Reese Towpower 72783 Universal Coupler Lock
- 8. AMPLOCK U-BRP2516 RV/2 5/16-Inches Trailer Coupler Lock
- 7. Master Lock 2866DATSC Chrome Swivel Head Receiver Lock
- 6. Trimax UMAX100 Premium Universal ‘Solid Hardened Steel’ Trailer Lock
- 5. Tow Ready Gorilla Guard Coupler Lock for 2-Inch Couplers
- 4. Master Lock Key Alike Set with Receiver & Coupler Latch Locks
- 3. Reese Towpower 7014700 Tow ‘N Store Lock Kit
- 2. Connor Trailer Hitch Lock – Black Nickel Hitch Pins for Class
- 1. Trimax UMAX50 Universal ‘Die-Cast’ Dual Purpose Coupler Lock
Table of the Best Trailer Hitch Locks Reviews
[amazon template=”table” box=”B001HATY36,B0008FUH46,B00NUNFKS6,B0009V1WS4,B000OC3Q2I,B004KJ6KFG,B0009V1WSE,B001IH8PXI,B01MTV2CWB,B000F3RYGA” /]
10. Master Lock 377KA Trailer Coupler Lock
One of the best advantages Master Lock has armed this model with is compatibility. This lock will fit most 2-5/16 inches, 2 inches, and 1-7/8 inches trailer couplers. Installation and removal of this lock aren’t difficult which makes the transport and use of Master Lock 377KA hassle-free. Moreover, you don’t need to worry much about the safety of your idle trailer since the unique design of this lock makes tampering quite difficult for people with ill intent. Say no to corrosion and rust with the Master Lock 377KA.
9. Reese Towpower 72783 Universal Coupler Lock
With an aluminium body and a steel lock bar, the Reese Towpower 72783 is really one of the best hitch locks that you can choose. It assures you of durability and safety. Furthermore, this Reese Towpower lock provides you with maximum security. Thus, you will never have to worry about your trailer anymore. The lock apart from being universal is extremely convenient to use with 11 locking positions. The reliable design of the lock keeps prying hands busy and away so that you can rest easy. Hence, for buyers with modest means, this is probably the best option.
8. AMPLOCK U-BRP2516 RV/2 5/16-Inches Trailer Coupler Lock
Amplock has been known for its quality and this product is no different. If you have a trailer or RV with 2-5/16 inches coupler, this lock would give you unparalleled security. This 12-pound heavy-duty lock is made from the highest quality steel and cast iron. As a result, it can last for years compared to the cheaper alternatives that are available on the market. Security is a priority for any lock maker. Amplock takes up a few notches with their disk-based lock that comes with a control and identification key system. It follows the push and lock mechanism. As a matter of fact, this hitch lock will give you the peace of mind regarding your trailer’s security above everything else.
7. Master Lock 2866DATSC Chrome Swivel Head Receiver Lock
Here is another great product from Master Lock. It is a great alternative to the traditional trailer hitch locks and uses intelligent design to secure your trailer. This weather-resistant padlock styled hitch lock snaps on the ball mount. The stainless steel design and brass keyway mean less corrosion and a 10,000-pound load rating indicates towards this well-built lock’s durability. It is the push to lock mechanism that makes it easy to use. With all the features that it offers, this trailer hitch lock is really worth buying.