Toaster ovens, for the most part, are miniature versions of traditional ovens. Not only do they help you save space, but also utility bills. Despite their size, these appliances pack an array of functions. From broiling, toasting, roasting, to convection cooking, a toaster oven is a must-have multifunctional kitchen appliance. However, not all toaster ovens are made the same. Some might be bulkier as hell, while some might not have the cooking capacity you need. Not to mention, quality and cooking performance tend to vary from one brand to another. All that said, how do you tell the best toaster ovens on the market?
Mostly, what you need in a perfect toaster oven is something that heats up fast, cooks evenly, and packs all the accessories you need. Needless to say, you need a cooking capacity that matches or exceeds your specific needs. Well, we have examined a ton of options out there, including reviews from hundreds of real-life users. And from our findings, the following are the top 10 toaster ovens that offer the best value for your money. Keep in mind; these models perform consistently and do exactly as advertised.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Toaster Ovens Reviews
- 10. Panasonic NB-G110P Toaster Oven with Double Infrared Heating & Removable Baking Tray
- 9. Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Toaster Oven
- 8. Mueller Austria Multi-function Under Cabinet Toaster Oven with Timer
- 7. Hamilton Beach Countertop and Convection Toaster Ovens
- 6. Breville Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ
- 5. KitchenAid KCO275SS Digital Countertop Convection Oven
- 4. BLACK+DECKER Convection Countertop Toaster Oven
- 3. Cuisinart TOB-1010 Silver Microwave Toaster Oven Broiler
- 2. Cuisinart TOA-60 Silver Convection Toaster Air Fryer
- 1. Oster Brushed Stainless Steel Convection Toaster Oven
Table of the Best Toaster Ovens Reviews
[amazon template=”table” box=”B008C9UFDI,B07CP7JN79,B078SD1JT8,B07D1KQ9HF,B006CVVA7I,B07D1KQ9HF,B00FOAJSTA,B07F1LKR61,B01K0W8LTE,B00451B7U2″ /]
10. Panasonic NB-G110P Toaster Oven with Double Infrared Heating & Removable Baking Tray
Panasonic FlashExpress has a very Japanese-like design. For the most part, it looks more of a microwave than a toaster oven. So, if you’re after a nice, old-school look, this particular model will make an excellent choice. It’s half the width of most toaster ovens and shallower. This space-saving design makes it ideal for dorm rooms and small apartments. Still, it offers 0.225 cubic feet of interior space, enough to fit a 9-inch pizza.
This unit is a solid performer. For instance, it can toast 4 slices of bread in under 2.5 minutes. What is more, it takes as little as 6 minutes to attain the maximum cooking temperatures of 500 Degree F.
- The ultra-fast double infrared element heats up to 40% faster and eliminates the need for preheating
- A built-in timer of up to 25 minutes
- Touch-pad controls
- 6 preset functions for pizza, toast, waffle, roll, hash brown and quick
9. Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Toaster Oven
The unique curved door design is one feature that makes this toaster oven stand out. The door is located on the top and opens upwards. So, besides saving space, it gives easy access and makes cleaning the inside a breeze. The oven has bake, broil, and toast functions. Instead of a cluttered and confusing control panel, this oven has only two controls for time and temperature. The temperature is adjustable from 200 to 450 Degree F while the timer can be set to a maximum of 30 minutes. Overall, this toaster oven offers simplicity and a unique look that make a large difference.
- Provides easy access to food and is super easy to clean
- Space-saving design
- 2-dial controls make it pretty straightforward to use
- Extra-large viewing window
8. Mueller Austria Multi-function Under Cabinet Toaster Oven with Timer
Mueller Austria is among the best multifunctional oven toasters. Not only can it toast and bake bread, but it can also broil food. Not to mention, it also has a Keep Warm function. The toaster has a built-in 30-minute timer that allows you to cook food to perfection. At 1100 watts, this toaster oven is among the most powerful on the market. It heats up rapidly and stays very hot, even with the door opened. Also, this unit uses natural convection for fast cooking and even distribution of heat.
- Toasts up to 4 slices of bread at a time
- Temperature control of 150 to 450 Degree F
- Combines 4 cooking functions in one unit (Toast, bake, broil, and warm)
7. Hamilton Beach Countertop and Convection Toaster Ovens
This is a toaster oven with a unique design. Unlike most units, it has a roll-top door that provides easy access. Besides, the door allows you to open wide enough for easy cleaning. And when you compared with the traditional doors that pull outward, this design takes less counter space. Better still, it keeps the counter space free from stray crumbs. Well, this is a convection oven.
Hence, it can bake, toast, and broil all kinds of food. A curved back creates ample room for toasting up to 6 slices of bread at a time. Nonetheless, there’s a smaller version that holds up to 4 slices.
- 30-minute timer with auto shut off
- Convenient roll-top door
- Cooking modes: Toast, Broil, and Bake
- Adjustable temperature of 150 to 450 Degree F
6. Breville Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ
Breville BOV450XL hails from one of the most reputable manufacturers of kitchen appliances. Not to mention, it’s the most popular model among Breville toaster ovens. Though it’s a mini oven, it packs an incredible 1800 watts of power. Apart from that, it has 8 cooking menus, more than what most toaster ovens have to offer. The unit has easy-to-use buttons and an LCD display for time and temperature. Also, it has “A Bit More” button that lets you add more time to the cooking cycle without resetting the cooking time. By the way, this toaster oven holds 4 slices of bread.
- Durable tempered glass door
- Element IQ technology for better heat transfer
- Temperature-sensitive quartz heating elements
- “Snowflake” function for frozen meals
5. KitchenAid KCO275SS Digital Countertop Convection Oven
This is a top-end toaster oven, comparable to the likes of Cuisinart and Breville. So, despite the high price range, you’re paying for something that is of superior quality. And compared to its cheaper counterparts, it offers a wider range of cooking functions. Overall, the oven has 9 cooking functions. Well, this doesn’t include the convection feature, which speeds up cooking by up to 30%. The best part, this oven can automatically adjust the temperature to avoid overcooking. Furthermore, it has simple dial controls and a digital display for time and temperature.
- Cooking temperature range of 150 to 450 Degree F
- Double racks can fit 12-inch pizzas at the same time
- 60-minute digital timer
- Adjustable toast shade: Light, Medium, and Dark
4. BLACK+DECKER Convection Countertop Toaster Oven
Black & Decker is a household favourite, and for a good reason. To start with, this is one toaster oven that is less likely to get spoiled. This is possible, thanks to durable stainless steel material. Besides, it’s pretty easy to operate by just about anyone in the family. The oven comes with a broil rack and an oven pan for bread and other dry dishes. Moreover, it can fit a 9-inch pizza. And with the built-in timer, it keeps food warm and stays on function for up to 30 minutes.
- Dual timers: Stay on function (for longer cooking tasks) and 30-minute precision timer
- Adjustable rack makes it possible to fit larger items
- Adjustable temperature of up to 450 Degree F
- Extra-wide viewing window
3. Cuisinart TOB-1010 Silver Microwave Toaster Oven Broiler
Cuisinart TOB-1010 is a budget-friendly toaster oven. While it might lack the bells and whistles of other toaster ovens, it’s a very capable unit. It has simple controls for easy use. The function dial, in particular, allows you to select between toast, bake, broil, and keep warm functions. And with 0.5 cubic feet of interior space, it can easily fit 11-inch. The crumb tray slides out for easy cleaning. Besides, it has a cool-touch handle for added safety.
- High-performance power (1800 watts)
- Combines 6 different cooking functions
- Always even technology allows for consistent and even toasting
- Simple, straightforward controls
2. Cuisinart TOA-60 Silver Convection Toaster Air Fryer
For such a highly capable and multifunctional unit, it’s no surprise that this toaster oven costs a bit more than other competition. For instance, it offers up to 7 cooking functions at your disposal, including Air Fry function. But it offers more than just versatility. It has 0.6 cubic feet of interior space, large enough to roast a 4-pound chicken. And for a pizza lover, this unit can easily chuck in whole pizzas. Despite the diverse features, using this toaster oven is a walk in the park.
- Offers the health benefits of air frying besides the standard convection modes
- 60-minute timer with auto shut-off
- Accommodates most standard-sized accessories
- Adjustable temperature control of up to 450 Degree F
1. Oster Brushed Stainless Steel Convection Toaster Oven
This toaster oven is of average size, especially when you compare to other units from Oster. It has an attractive brushed stainless steel finish. And like most options in our list, it uses convection technology for better heat transfer and faster cooking. From 150 to 450 Degree F, the temperature range is pretty wide. This allows it to accommodate various cooking functions, including toasting, baking, and broiling. Overall, it supports up to 5 cooking functions. Also, the oven has a 60-minute timer that shuts it off after processing.
- The two-rack position allows for simultaneous cooking
- Roll-on technology allows for simple control
- Fits up to 6 slices at a go
- Enamel-coated baking pan and broiler rack