A clean pool is not only pleasing to the eye but also safer to swim in. After all, you don’t want to risk skin and other health-related complications that result from using a dirty swimming pool. Not to mention, you don’t want to take a dip in a swimming pool loaded with all sorts of chemicals. Whether it’s in-ground, above-ground swimming pool, a sand filter pump will make light work of pool cleaning. Besides filtering out debris, sand, and small algae, some go an extra level to filter out bacteria. Hence, a sand filter pump will leave you pool water odourless, fresh, and crystal clear. But for optimal performance, you need to get yourself the best sand filter pumps that the market has to offer.
Well, to help you get the best unit, we have a list of the top sand filter pumps worth buying. With these sand filter pumps, you’ll spend more time enjoying rather than servicing your pool.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Sand Filter Pumps Reviews
- 10. Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools
- 9. Sand Master Soft Sided Above Ground Sand Filter for Pool
- 8. Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater Pump for Above Ground Pool
- 7. Hayward Pool Sand Filter System – 1.5 HP
- 6. GAME SandPRO Replacement Pool Sand Filter for Above-Ground Pool Vacuum
- 5. Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above-Ground Pools
- 4. FlowXtreme Sand Filter System Pump for AG Pools
- 3. Goplus Swimming Pool Sand Filter Pump with Pressure Gauge
- 2. Rx Clear Radiant Sand Filter for Above Ground Swimming Pool
- 1. Pentair 145322 Sand Dollar Top-Mount Pool Filter
Table of the Best Sand Filter Pumps Reviews
10. Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools
This sand filter pump strikes a perfect balance of price and quality. So, if you’re after an inexpensive filter pump that does an excellent job, this unit will make an excellent choice. The ability to provide up to 6 different functions is one feature that makes it stand out. From backwashing, draining, filtering, and anything in between, this filter pump does it all. Also, the pump is equipped with hydro aeration technology. For this reason, it’s able to increase negative ions and improve water clarity. What is more, you can set the filtration cycles from between 1 to 12 hours. Besides, the 12-inch model, this pump is available in three other sizes.
- Holds up to 50 pounds of sand for efficient filtration
- 1,600 gallons per hour flow rate
- Caters for pools with a capacity of up to 12, 800 gallons
- Pressure gauge monitors backwashing pressure
9. Sand Master Soft Sided Above Ground Sand Filter for Pool
Sand Master offers a big pool filter in a small package. Besides, it’s among the highest performing above-ground pool filters. It pumps 20 gallons per minute. Also, it has a convenient 4-function valve. Not only does it filter, but also drains, backwashes, and recirculates. The filter tank, which contains 42 pounds of sand, is exceptionally resistant to weather and corrosion. This sand filter pump is pretty easy to install. Furthermore, it caters for a pool size of up to 9,600 gallons.
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Ideal for soft-sided pools
- Includes all fittings
- Sand needs changing after every 5 years
8. Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater Pump for Above Ground Pool
Are you on a budget but still want a sand filter pump that works just as well as the top-shelf models? If yes, then you might want to consider this compact pump. To begin with, it’s the smallest among Intex sand filter pumps. Still, it has an impressive flow rate of 1,500 gallons per hour. Also, it can cater to large above-ground pools from 2,600 to 8,500 gallons. What is more, the pump has a built-in 24-hour timer. As a result, it makes daily operation hassle-free.
- Compatible with sand or glass filtration media
- Leaves the water crystal clear and removes the harshness of chlorine
- 2 pieces of 1.5-inch hoses
7. Hayward Pool Sand Filter System – 1.5 HP
This sand filter pump is as powerful as it’s popular, and for a good reason. To start with, it has an exceptionally durable tank that can take a beating from weather elements. Since it’s made of sturdy plastic material, the tank can withstand the effects of corrosion. Additionally, the pump has a 7-position valve. For the most part, it makes changing the 21-inch filter simple. Above all, the pump has a tried and tested sand filter technology. Hence, it’s going to provide trouble-free operations for years.
- Pressure gauge for excellent monitoring
- Highly energy-efficient 21-inch filter
- User-friendly lever action for convenient use
- Uses backwashing principal that provides crystal clear water
6. GAME SandPRO Replacement Pool Sand Filter for Above-Ground Pool Vacuum
Sand Pro makes pool cleaning a snap. As a matter of fact, if you find your above-ground pool pump less than sufficient, this is the perfect replacement filtration system. It has a high flow rate of 40 gallons per minute. And when you pair with the 0.5 HP pump, you get one energy-efficient sand filter pump. Not to mention, it has an ultra-quiet motor that won’t disturb those around you. By the way, the pump uses up to 50 pounds of medium-grade sand and is ideal for above-ground pools up to 10,000 gallons.
- Easy-to-read pressure gauge
- 4-way valve filters, rinses, backwashes, and winterize
- Three convenient sizes to cater for all above-ground pools
- Easy-to-clean strainer basket
5. Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above-Ground Pools
This is, by far, the largest sand filter pump from Intex. It has a remarkable flow rate of 3,000 gallons per hour. So, if you’re looking to save time, this pump will make a great choice. Not only does it filter water, but it also aerates to improve water quality and break down bacteria. The pump has a strainer basket for thorough filtration. Also, there’s a lever-action that allows you to select from 6 different functions. Well, this pump uses 120 pounds of sand. What is more, it caters for pools as larger as 19,600 gallons.
- 25-foot GFCI cable protects against electric shock
- Hydro aeration inlet fitting
- Up to 12-hour digital timer
- Meets regulation standards
4. FlowXtreme Sand Filter System Pump for AG Pools
FlowXtreme combines a 1 HP motor and 150 pounds of sand to provide one of the best pool filtration systems. Not to mention, it uses a 2-speed premium motor to deliver dynamic performance. Besides, the variable speed allows it to conserve energy. Not only does the motor give a steady stream of water, but it also pumps vertically up to 39 feet. And the best part, it operates quietly.
The pump is adjustable to two flow rates. At low speed, it pumps at a rate of 2,400 gallons per hours. On the other hand, it gives a flow rate of 5,280 gallons per minute at high speed. Above all, this sand filter pump traps particles as small as 3 microns. So, it doesn’t leave behind even the finest dust particles.
- Multi-position port allows you to switch between 7 different functions
- Large pressure gauge allows for easy reading
- Cotton filtration media offers more efficient filtration
- Premium copper winding extends motor life
3. Goplus Swimming Pool Sand Filter Pump with Pressure Gauge
This is the most powerful sand filter pump from Goplus. It’s an effective pump that keeps your pool sparkling clean. To begin with, it has a dependable flow rate of 2,450 gallons per hour. Besides, it can handle pools as large as 10,000 gallons. Also, the pump is safe for use in different water temperatures, up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit. The tank is made of high-quality HDPE plastic. Hence, it’s virtually weatherproof. Not to mention, it doesn’t corrode to provide long-term use. Furthermore, the pump includes a broader base for added stability.
- Pressure-gauge allows for real-time observation
- The large capacity tank holds up to 44 pounds of sand
- 4-position port valve
- 32 feet maximum suction
2. Rx Clear Radiant Sand Filter for Above Ground Swimming Pool
Rx Clear Radiant is one filter pump that can take a lot of wear and tear. The tank, for instance, comes in durable plastic. Hence, you can operate it worry-free, even in harsh weather conditions. It holds a lot of sand, up to 175 pounds. For this reason, it gives a ton of filtration while using less effort and expenses. As a matter of fact, it can clean murky pool water in as little as 24 hours. And based on your needs, you can choose to use it with traditional silica sand or other filtration media. What is more, this sand filter pump operates quietly; you’ll hardly know it’s there.
- Fits above-ground pools up to 21,000 gallons
- High-performance sand bed filters particles as small as 3 microns in size
- 6-position multi-port valve
- Uses 20-grade silica sand
- Also available in 16-inch (16,000 gallons) and 22-inch (26,000 gallons) sizes
1. Pentair 145322 Sand Dollar Top-Mount Pool Filter
Are you looking for a sand filter with incredible flow rate? If so, then look no further than Pentair Sand Dollar filter pump. As small as it is, it can get a lot done. The flow rate, for instance, is a remarkable 60 gallons per minute. Besides, it offers excellent filtration. You can use it with any pool treatment chemicals. Not to mention, the filter works with just about any pump you might have in store. Keep in mind; this filter requires 200 pounds of sand. Also, it has a 6-position valve for added versatility.
- 3 square feet filtration area
- Though it’s designed for above-ground pools, it works just as well for in-ground pools
- Pressure gauge for real-time monitoring
- Also available in a smaller version with a flow rate of 35 gallons per minute