The dough is ready. The only thing that remains is to roll it out neat and even. A broomstick handle or an empty wine bottle can do the task, but the result won’t be that professional. Besides, most might interfere with the flavour and colour of your dough. Hence, as easy as it sounds, the task might prove more challenging than you think. For the most part, what you need is a professional-grade tool durable enough to last you season after season. And that brings us to the rolling pins. Though simple in design, a rolling pin can make a significant difference. But how do you tell the best wooden rolling pins on the market?
Well, there are several factors that set apart a superior rolling pin. For instance, it should have a reasonable weight to provide the right rolling pressure so as not to overwork your biceps. More importantly, it should be moisture-resistant and have a finish that discourages sticking. Taking all these into account, here are the top rolling pins that continue to impress professional chefs and amateurs alike. Keep in mind; with proper care, these rolling pins are sure to last a lifetime.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Wooden Rolling Pins Reviews
- 10. Ebuns French Rolling Pin for Baking Pizza Dough & Pie & Cookie
- 9. Chefast Non-Stick Large and Small Silicone Rolling Pin and Pastry Mat Set
- 8. Ultra Cuisine French Stainless Steel Metal Rolling Pin for Baking
- 7. MTNZXZ Stainless Steel Roller and Silicone Baking Pastry Mat
- 6. K BASIX Classic Professional Wood Rolling Pin
- 5. Usparkle Large Long Silicone Nonstick Rolling Pin & Pastry Mat
- 4. JingooBon Adjustable Stainless Steel Rolling Pins & Dough Roller
- 3. Pepe Nero Adjustable Rolling Pin & Silicone Baking Mats for Sugar Cookies
- 2. The Original Kitchen Cooperative French Rolling Pin
- 1. K. Adams Maple Wood Medium Gourmet Rolling Pin
Table of the Best Wooden Rolling Pins Reviews
10. Ebuns French Rolling Pin for Baking Pizza Dough & Pie & Cookie
Ebuns rolling pin is a favourite among most professional bakers, and for a good reason. In the first place, this rolling pin has the ideal size and length (18 inches) for rolling out dough. Besides, this size makes it easy to store. Not only does it make a uniform dough, but it also creates tapered edges that make it easy to cook. The pin is hand-crafted from hardwood to eliminate any quality issues.
Indeed, this is one rolling pin that can withstand daily abuse. Also, the barrel has a wax finish to provide better grip and allow for smooth rolling.
- Solid hardwood gives lasting durability
- Dishwasher safe makes cleaning a breeze
- Bonus recipe book
9. Chefast Non-Stick Large and Small Silicone Rolling Pin and Pastry Mat Set
Chefast rolling pin comes with multiple extras. While other options on the list include one rolling pin, this set has two. There are 17-inch and 8.5-inch rolling pins for small and large jobs. The smaller one, in particular, is an excellent choice for introducing your little one to the joys of baking. Both have wooden handles for an ergonomic grip and silicone covers for non-stick rolling.
Another excellent addition is the food-grade pastry mat. Not only is it food-safe, but it’s also heat-resistant for safe use in the oven. Moreover, this rolling pin set includes two cookie cutters (heart-shaped and star-shaped) that add some decorative touches to baked food.
- Dishwasher safe pastry mat with built-in measurements
- Built-in measurements allow for perfect cuts
- Flexible mat lies flat on any surface
8. Ultra Cuisine French Stainless Steel Metal Rolling Pin for Baking
According to most professional chefs, Ultra Cuisine rolling pin is among the best in the stainless steel category. And talking of stainless steel, this rolling pin offers the benefit of dishwasher safe cleaning. Besides, it doesn’t affect the flavour and colour of the dough. Also, unlike wood, it doesn’t need treatment with mineral oil and doesn’t crack or dry out.
Moreover, the pin has a reasonable weight to exert the pressure you need. It features gently tapered ends, allowing for more tactile feedback as you roll. Overall, this is a high-quality rolling pin, both for professional kitchens and amateurs.
- Food-grade 201 stainless steel
- Brushed stainless steel texture offers excellent grip
- Doesn’t leave marks or imprints on the dough since it has no logos, engravings, or branding
7. MTNZXZ Stainless Steel Roller and Silicone Baking Pastry Mat
This is one rolling pin that takes the guesswork out of the rolling process. The pin includes four sets of removable discs that raise the surface of the rolling pin. You can choose from 1/16-inch, 1/8-inch, 1/4-inch, and 3/8-inch disc sizes depending on the desired thickness. Alternatively, you can choose to do away with the discs for free-hand rolling.
Unlike most rolling pins, it has measurement marks that allow you to cut the dough to precise sizes. This rolling pin is 17 inches long, large enough to accommodate different baking needs.
- Durable 304 stainless steel doesn’t absorb the smell, colour, and flavour
- Adjustable thickness rings give up to four different dough thickness
- Non-stick rolling surface
- Bonus baking pastry mat
6. K BASIX Classic Professional Wood Rolling Pin
K Basix is among the few rolling pins that come with a handle. For the most part, the handle offers a comfortable grip. Overall, the rolling pin measures 16 inches long. Hence, it can accommodate a wide range of functions, including pastry, chapati, and pasta. Thanks to the moisture-resistant solid hardwood construction, this rolling pin is incredibly durable.
Besides, you can wash with soap and water, which makes cleaning a breeze. The 2-inch thickness makes it a bit larger than most rolling pins. So, with every roll, it covers a relatively larger area.
- Built-in ball bearings make rolling movements smooth and effortless
- Easy-grip ergonomic handle
5. Usparkle Large Long Silicone Nonstick Rolling Pin & Pastry Mat
This is a complete rolling pin set, which includes a pastry mat. Thanks to the fresh green colour, this is one rolling pin that will upgrade the look of your kitchen. Both the pastry mat and the pin have a non-stick silicone cover. Plus, this is an FDA-approved silicone material, making it safe for foods. The pastry mat is 20 inches long and 16 inches wide. For the most part, it’s spacious enough to roll out dough up to 35.6cm wide.
The rolling pin is made of solid wood and has handles to provide a comfortable grip. Keep in mind; the pin measures 16.9 inches long.
- Measurements on the pastry mat allow you to cut dough to precise sizes
- The food-grade silicone cover is non-stick
- Oven-safe pastry mat can withstand temperatures of -104 to 450 Degree F
4. JingooBon Adjustable Stainless Steel Rolling Pins & Dough Roller
This is an adjustable rolling pin. Thanks to the 4 sets of removable discs, you can adjust the thickness of your dough to 2mm, 4mm, 6mm, and 10mm sizes. Not to mention, the pin has measurements that allow you to cut the dough to the desired size. Apart from that, the pin includes a pastry mat, also with measurements.
More importantly, the pastry mat has a chart for the precise measurement of ingredients. Furthermore, the mat can withstand temperatures of up to 500 Degree F, making it safe for use in the oven.
- Non-stick brushed stainless steel rolling pin
- Four adjustable thickness accommodate everything from pasta, pizza dough, to cookies
- Lightweight construction (1 pound)
3. Pepe Nero Adjustable Rolling Pin & Silicone Baking Mats for Sugar Cookies
Pepe Nero is a rolling pin with a lot of extras. Besides the rolling pin, it includes stainless steel cookie rings, dough cutter, decorative pens, pizza roller, and a pastry mat. Hence, there’s everything you need to get started right away. The rolling pin is crafted from the finest hardwood. Not only is it moisture-resistant, but it also offers a smooth and non-stick rolling surface.
Thanks to removable discs, this rolling pin makes it possible to roll out the dough to different thickness. Overall, there are four size options, including 1/4-inch, 1/16-inch, 1/8-inch, and 3/8-inch.
- 17-inch solid hardwood rolling pin
- Integrated measurements
- Complete 16-piece rolling pin set
- Oven-safe baking mat
2. The Original Kitchen Cooperative French Rolling Pin
This French-style rolling pin is made of wood and features tapered ends. The tapered ends, in particular, give better control and hand comfort. Not to mention, it makes it easier to apply pressure, especially when working with a soft dough. The rolling pin is 18 inches long. Hence, it’s perfect for rolling out even those large pizzas. Also, it has a non-stick rolling surface that makes rolling movements effortless.
Even though it has a simple, classic rolling-pin design, this French rolling pin has a lot to offer.
- Durable solid beechwood construction
- The sleek design allows for easy storage
- Rolls out the dough very flat
1. K. Adams Maple Wood Medium Gourmet Rolling Pin
This is a great, classic-style rolling pin with excellent features to suit any skill level. It offers the superior quality of hand-crafted maple wood. And thanks to the fine and consistent grain of maple wood, this rolling pin offers a glass-smooth non-stick surface. Not to mention, maple is among the most durable hardwoods. Hence, this is a rolling pin that can last a lifetime. Underneath the maple wood is a steel axle.
The axle features self-lubricating bearings that allow for smooth and effortless rolling movements. Despite the steel axle, this rolling pin weighs only 2 pounds, making it perfect for dough that require a lighter touch. Cleanup is a breeze with only soap and water.
- The compact 12-inch length makes it perfect for nearly any hand size
- Ergonomic handles offer better grip
- Self-lubricating bearings allow it to hold up to a lifetime of heavy-duty use
- Anti-slip waxed barrel