Without a decent baseball glove, even the most skilful catcher risks hand injuries. However, selecting the right glove for baseball can be quite overwhelming. First and foremost, there are many types of gloves. Infielders and outfielders, for instance, need a different glove. The first baseman and the catcher alike have their own mitts to choose. Worse still, expressions such as “fits like a glove” don’t usually apply here. So, it’s not uncommon to buy a glove only to find out later that it doesn’t fit well. Evidently, selecting the best baseball gloves need a lot of homework on your part. Well, we’re here to lighten up the work for you.
Mostly, the three things to look for in a decent baseball glove are versatility, durability, and quality. Of course, you also want something that fits your price range. Taking all these into consideration, we give you a list of what we believe to be the top 10 baseball gloves on the market.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Youth Baseball Gloves Reviews
- 10. Rawlings Baseball Gloves – Softball Glove for Adults
- 9. Mizuno Prospect PowerClose Youth Baseball Glove Series
- 8. Wilson A500 Baseball Glove Series
- 7. Franklin Sports Left and Right Handed Baseball and Softball Fielding Glove
- 6. Rawlings Renegade Baseball and Softball Glove Series
- 5. Wilson A900 Custome Baseball Glove Series
- 4. Mizuno MVP Prime Leather Baseball Glove Series
- 3. Rawlings Sandlot Baseball Glove Series
- 2. Wilson A2000 Baseball Glove Series
- 1. Rawlings Liberty Advanced Softball Glove Series
Table of the Best Youth Baseball Gloves Reviews
[amazon template=”table” box=”B01GX09WUE,B07DLQ3V3K,B07FQQM2JH,B013LPRKOY,B07G933H4R,B073DD1TJZ,B07DLJDV1F,B074G3XPDX,B073FR8P9P,B01GW5QWBW” /]
10. Rawlings Baseball Gloves – Softball Glove for Adults
If you plan to play softball for the first time, then this glove is among your best options. It has a tough yet soft buffalo leather. As a result, it fits snug with being too tight. Not to mention, it allows for freehand movement when catching the ball. The pocket is noticeably large, making it ideal for catching larger softballs. A velcro strap, on the other hand, gives a secure fit. Besides, you can adjust to fit most hand sizes.
- Zero shock padding enhances impact protection
- Basket web is convenient for most player positions
- Minimal break-in makes it ready for the game right out of the box
- Available in 5 different sizes to fit just about any hand size
This baseball glove makes an excellent choice for youth players. And if you’re looking for a decent glove for t-ball or recreational play, this is among the best options you have. The patented PowerClose technology is among the best features of this glove. For the most part, it acts as a hinge. As a result, it makes it easier to catch or hold the ball. The glove is pretty lightweight and super soft.
Not to mention, it needs minimal break-in. The shell of the glove comes in full-grain leather. Hence, it’s durable and less likely to rip. Overall, this baseball glove makes a perfect choice for utility baseball players. It’s available in 5 sizes and 8 different colours.
- Power Lock strap provides a secure fit
- Butter soft PU palm increases comfort
- Durable pigskin leather
- MZO lining dissipates sweat
8. Wilson A500 Baseball Glove Series
Wilson A500 is specially designed for youth players. More importantly, it’s ideal for all player positions. Also, it’s the lightest among all-leather gloves. It uses top-grain leather that makes it flexible and ready to go out of the box. Apart from that, the glove has double palm reinforcement for better protection. It’s fully adjustable to fit most hand sizes. The glove is available in both left and right-hand orientation.
- Dual welting keeps the shape of the glove and creates a more durable pocket
- Sturdy and flexible H-Web design provides a ready-go feel
- Available in multiple sizes and colours
7. Franklin Sports Left and Right Handed Baseball and Softball Fielding Glove
Franklin baseball glove is among the best picks for the budget. More importantly, it’s of reasonable quality and an ideal choice for recreational baseball players. The glove has thicker, premium synthetic leather. For the most part, it gives the durability and suppleness of genuine leather. Besides, it has a much quicker break-in period. This glove has a hand-formed pocket. Hence, it makes it easier to scoop or catch the ball.
- Excellent for t-ball, softball, and baseball
- Contour Fit system allows for free thumb adjustments
- I-Web design provides an excellent view of the ball
- Available in 7 different sizes
6. Rawlings Renegade Baseball and Softball Glove Series
This is yet another knock-out hit from Rawlings. Thanks to synthetic mesh back and full-grain leather shell, this is one baseball glove that won’t fail to impress. Not to mention, such combination provides long-lasting durability. Also, the glove is pretty lightweight to provide optimal balance. The pocket is remarkably deep and flexible. So, it won’t give you a hard time catching the ball.
Well, this glove comes 90% broken-in. Hence, it fits incredibly well ready for the game. By the way, this is a utility glove for any position. Furthermore, there’s a wide range of sizes and colours for this baseball glove.
- High-density padding provides extra comfort and protection
- Neo-flex back allows the glove to keep its shape
- Adjustable velcro strap gives an easy fit
5. Wilson A900 Custome Baseball Glove Series
Wilson A900 is suitable for all positions. It can catch, field, and keep together for years. To begin with, it has a double palm construction. Not only does it absorb shock better, but it also allows you to catch the ball comfortably. The full-leather construction, on the other hand, makes it a long-term solution out there on the field. A low-profile heel makes the glove flexible enough to adjust to bad hops. This is particularly important for infield players. The glove features a Pedroia fit, making it a perfect choice for players with smaller hands.
- H-Web construction allows infield players to see through the webbing easily
- Multiple sizes and colours available
4. Mizuno MVP Prime Leather Baseball Glove Series
This is one glove that can last forever if treated well. It’s a top-quality glove specially designed for youth players. But sorry recreational players, this glove isn’t made for amateurs. More importantly, it makes an ideal option for outfielders. The glove uses proprietary “Oil Plus” leather. Hence, it’s firm but soft and flexible. A soft palm liner, on the other hand, takes the sting out of the fastest catch. Heel Flex Technology is another excellent addition. It increases the ability to grasp and hold the ball. By the way, this is one feature that sets it apart from most baseball gloves out there. Also, the glove has the newest centre pocket design. This helps increase hold and control.
- SteerSoft palm liner protects the hand without the bulk
- Center pocket design gives the most versatile break-in
- Durable two-toned lace gives an amazing contrast and a professional look
- Available in 6 different sizes
3. Rawlings Sandlot Baseball Glove Series
Sandlot baseball glove is entirely made of oiled pull-up leather. Not only does it give the glove a vintage look and feel, but it also makes it rugged for long-term use. The back lining of the fingers has excellent padding for superior comfort. Also, the glove has Zero Shock palm for better hand protection. This glove is available in a wide range of lengths and web styles.
- 90% broken-in makes it ready for the game
- Comes in a wide range of sizes
- Available in right and left-hand orientation
2. Wilson A2000 Baseball Glove Series
Wilson A2000 is arguably the best glove in the world, and for a good reason. To begin with, it has the highest quality possible, something that most MLB players can attest to. The brand takes pride in its Pro Stock leather. It’s easy to break in and durable enough to last many seasons. In short, it’s a genuine material you can trust. Also, the glove has Pedroia fit, which fits more snug on smaller hands.
Dri-Lex wrist lining, on the other hand, takes the sweat off your hand. Besides, it keeps the glove in one place. Keep in mind; Wilson A2000 is available in many different designs to suit different positions. From pitcher, catcher, infield, to outfield, Wilson A2000 has a glove for you.
- Dual welting makes the glove durable and solid
- Super Skin material makes the glove super light but with twice the strength of other baseball gloves
- Highly customizable with different styles to choose from
1. Rawlings Liberty Advanced Softball Glove Series
This glove caters for just about any position on the field. It comes 80% break-in. Hence, you’ll be able to feel the exceptional fit the moment you put it on. Non-slip pull-back straps make it easy to loosen or tighten the fit of the glove. So, it’s easy to adjust to your specific needs or preferences. The glove has a durable full-grain leather shell. Additionally, it has all-leather laces for added durability.
This glove is perfectly suited for women players. It comes primarily in a 12-inch size. Nonetheless, you can get it in a 12.5-inch size ideal for infield players.
- The hand opening and finger back adjustments accommodate fastpitch players
- Index finger pad and XRD palm absorb most of the sting from fast incoming balls
- Oil treated leather provides a game-ready feel