Swimming pools require proper maintenance to keep the water clean throughout. However, this is never easy even after covering as dirt always gets inside. The best solution to dealing with swimming pool dirt, grass clips, leaves and twigs is getting a pool cover pump. Pool cover pumps work efficiently in draining the pool and cleaning off the debris on your pool cover. If you’re in the market for the best pool cover pump, then you’ve come to the right place.
Here, you will not go through a ton of products but only check the best pool cover pumps that we have carefully selected for you. Check the list below and select a pump that best suits your needs.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Swimming Pool Cover Pumps Reviews
- 10. WAYNE WAPC250 1/4 HP Automatic Water Removal Pool Cover Pump
- 9. LITTLE GIANT Pool Cover Pump
- 8. Little Giant APCP-1700 Automatic Swimming Pool Cover Submersible Pump
- 7. Pumps Away 350 GPH Submersible Swimming Pool Cover Pump
- 6. Superior Pump 91250 1/4 HP Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump
- 5. Blue Wave Dredger Jr. 350 GPH Above Ground Pool Winter Cover Pump
- 4. Rule A53 Series 1800 GPH Submersible Sump – Utility Pump
- 3. WAYNE WWB WaterBUG Submersible Pump with Multi-Flo Technology
- 2. Little Giant 5-APCP Automatic Swimming Pool Cover Pump
- 1. Hayward SP2610X15 Super Pump 1.5 HP Pool Pump
Table of the Best Swimming Pool Cover Pumps Reviews
[amazon template=”table” box=”B008PPPRUK,B0013KCOIW,B000WQZCQO,B00ZS34GL8,B000X05G1A,B00FWOHJNK,B000O8B6Q0,B018LRUDUU,B000JGD34U,B00198CW7G” /]
10. WAYNE WAPC250 1/4 HP Automatic Water Removal Pool Cover Pump
Wayen is an excellent pick with an automatic on/off iSwitch that works upon detecting the presence of water. You can plug it on and leave the pool unattended without worry. It has strainer filters at the base the reduce clogging and keep it stable. The pump is protected against freezing and makes a great choice when you want to save energy.
- Oil-free pump and high energy efficiency
- iSwitch technology that turns the pump on/off upon detecting water
- Strainer base filters to maintain stability and keep debris out
- Automatically protected against freeze
9. LITTLE GIANT Pool Cover Pump
The Little Giant is another high energy-efficient machine that uses 50 watts. It pumps an approximate 550 gallons of water per hour which is quite great. The pump has a removable intake screen and connects to a ¾-inch hosepipe. It is a well-rated pool cover pump and one that I would recommend anytime.
- A long cord 25-feet for efficient transfer of water
- Pumps water at a rate of 550-gallons per hour
- Intake screen is removable for easy cleaning
8. Little Giant APCP-1700 Automatic Swimming Pool Cover Submersible Pump
The APCP Little Giant pool cover pump is an exceptional choice with a removable intake screen that improves maintenance and cleaning. With an integrated float switch, this pump easily removes standing water from pool covers efficiently. It is a versatile choice that can be used in other water transfer applications. There is a built-in handle that makes carrying it easy.
- A built-in handle for easy carriage
- Intake screen can be removed. This allows for easy cleaning and maintenance
- It is an extremely versatile pump suitable for several other water transfer applications
- An integrated water automatic operation
7. Pumps Away 350 GPH Submersible Swimming Pool Cover Pump
Pumps Away is an excellent choice with a 25-feet long cord to transfer water efficiently. It is a submersible pump with hooks that allow it to stand on the garden. It is a perfect choice for draining water from pool covers and does so at a rate of 350 gallons per hour. Pumps Away is a versatile pump that can also pump the entire water from the pump, ponds, and wells.
- Pumps 350 gallons of water per hour
- Submersible 100 percent
- As a long cord 25 feet
- Best Away can also drain well, ponds and an entire pool
6. Superior Pump 91250 1/4 HP Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump
Superior Pump is a high capacity pool cover pump that can transfer water at speeds of 1800 gallons per hour. It is a submersible pump is double sealed to prevent water leaking through it. There is a bottom suction that filters and removes water to 1/8-inches. Overall, this is a highly rated pool cover pump and one that I would suggest to anybody looking for a great pump.
- Has a one-year limited warranty
- Bottom suction that helps remove debris and water
- Runs at 1800 gallons per hour
- Double reinforced to make it durable and long-lasting
5. Blue Wave Dredger Jr. 350 GPH Above Ground Pool Winter Cover Pump
Blue Wave is a pretty little nice pool water pump that can be used to clear all the dirt and debris from your pool cover after winter. It is a fully submersible pump that has a reusable foam filter to prevent clogging. The platform of the pump helps stabilize it as it pumps water. Blue Wave is a great pick with a 25-foot power cord allowing you to work with ease.
- Pumps water at speeds of 350 gallons per hour
- It has a reusable inlet filter. The filter helps prevent clogging
- 100% submersible
- Automatically turns on/off on water level
4. Rule A53 Series 1800 GPH Submersible Sump – Utility Pump
You settle for value when you choose the Rule A53S submersible pump. It is a nicely designed pool cover pump that is suited for removing water from garages, basements, stairwells among other applications. The pump automatically checks for water after a few minutes. It will never run dry as it automatically switches off when pumping is complete. The rule is a durable pump housed in a protective thermoplastic to keep it safe from the adverse weather conditions.
- Checks for water automatically after every few minutes turning itself on when there is water
- Versatile and designed to remove water from various places
- Turns off when pumping is over
- Protected in a heavy-duty thermoplastic
3. WAYNE WWB WaterBUG Submersible Pump with Multi-Flo Technology
While the parts are foreign, the WAYNE WWB is fully assembled in the US to the highest standards. Easy selection of discharge is made possible through a multi-flow technology. There is a top discharge ideal when working in tight places. With a flow of 1257 gallons of water per hours, you have a good pool cover pump that will serve you efficiently. It is a versatile pump that can be used to remove stagnant water in your backyard.
- Top and side discharge for a versatile removal of water from different places.
- Discharge is smooth and easily selected through the use of multi-flow technology
- The maximum water flow rate of 1257 gallons per hour
2. Little Giant 5-APCP Automatic Swimming Pool Cover Pump
This Little Giant pool cover pump comes with safeguards that over it from the prolonged rain and melting snow. It is a quality pick that is CSA listed and with a long 25-foot power cord for manoeuvrability. This pump easily adapts to a standard garden hose and can be used for several other functions in the home.
- 25-foot power cord
- CSA listed
- Adapts to a garden hose
- Safeguards to protect against rain and ice
1. Hayward SP2610X15 Super Pump 1.5 HP Pool Pump
The Hayward is the best pool cover pump of the year with amazing features and a worthy addition to your home. It is the industry’s workhorse and one that has been recognized for being reliable. Strainer cover is made easier with swing-away hand knobs. You will not require any tools to loose away the pump making it a reliable pick. The pump requires little maintenance with an overlarge debris basket that holds a lot of dirt.
- Swing away handle knobs that make it easier to remove the strainer cover
- Recognized in the industry as a workhorse
- See-through strainer covers that tell you when it’s time to clean
Make sure you swim in clean waters after a long winter period by getting one of these pool cover pumps. They are the best in the market currently and offer users good value for money.