Most people are new to convection microwaves ovens. So, it’s no surprise that many still stick to the old traditional microwave. Well, if you’re one of them, you’re missing out a lot. As the name suggests, it combines convection cooking and microwave energy. As a result, it cooks and heats up faster. And instead of only heating the inside of the food, it cooks inside and out. Hence, it offers healthier and tastier meals. Unfortunately, buying the best convection microwave ovens is easier said than done. So, what should you look out for? Better still, what is the defining features of a good convection microwave oven?
Well, we’re here to help pave your way out of such a dilemma. Below, we’ve rounded up the top convection microwave ovens reviews. Keep in mind; we have a wide variety of models for every specific need.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Convection Microwave Ovens Reviews
- 10. Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Convection Microwave Ovens with Smart Sensor & LED Lighting
- 9. Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2 Cu Ft Convection Microwave Ovens with Grill
- 8. Daewoo KOC-9Q4DS Stainless Steel Microwave Ovens
- 7. RecPro RV Black 1.1 Cu. ft Microwave Convection Oven
- 6. Toshiba EM131A5C-SS Stainless Steel Small Microwave Oven
- 5. Panasonic NN-SD945S Stainless Steel Countertop/Built-In Microwave Oven
- 4. Sharp Over-the-Range Convection Microwave
- 3. Panasonic Countertop Microwave Oven
- 2. Oster French Convection Countertop Microwave & Toaster Oven
- 1. Panasonic Countertop / Built-In Microwave Ovens
Table of the Best Convection Microwave Ovens Reviews
[amazon template=”table” box=”B071ZSCY1P,B001C2J0FG,B00J0K2RYS,B07RMZPJNS,B076VB5JFQ,B00KNUHBJU,B00009V3X6,B01DEWZUG4,B014D9LBCY,B010RWYPBK” /]
10. Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Convection Microwave Ovens with Smart Sensor & LED Lighting
This is among the best high-end convection microwaves. It offers 1000 watts of power and an impressive cooking capacity of 1.5 cubic feet. Besides, you have a choice of up to 10 power levels and a wider cooking temperature of between 170 to 425 degrees. Apart from that, this microwave offers 6 pre-programmed sensor menu. What is more, it lets you switch between microwave, convection oven, or both.
Inside is a grill rack that comes in handy when you select convection mode. Furthermore, it has an interior LED light that comes on when the door is opened. Keep in mind; this unit is available in stainless steel and black stainless steel. The best part, both blend flawlessly with any kitchen.
- Beep-control allows you to cook without making noise
- Stainless steel interior makes cleaning a breeze
- Large 13.6-inch turntable facilitates even distribution of heat
9. Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2 Cu Ft Convection Microwave Ovens with Grill
Despite the small footprint, this unit offers a variety of cooking options. Apart from the microwave and baking functions, it can defrost as well as grill food. The unit has a feature-packed programmable keypad. It comprises a backlit clock and a highly responsive numeric keypad. Like the Toshiba EC042A5C-BS oven, it offers 10 power levels adjustable to 425°F.
A rotating glass tray allows the food to cook evenly and efficiently. It’s a good thing that this oven comes in stainless steel, both inside and out. Not only does it give a modern look, but it also makes cleaning a whole lot easier.
- The memory function stores personalized menus
- 9 presets for specific foods
- Bonus recipe book to get you started
8. Daewoo KOC-9Q4DS Stainless Steel Microwave Ovens
Do you have a tight budget but still want to enjoy the convection feature? Well, this unit might make an excellent choice. For the most part, it’s one of the most affordable models out there. Nonetheless, it has every handy feature you need in a convection microwave. For the record, this unit includes a microwave, convection feature, and a grill. Besides, you can combine the functions or use them separately.
Though it doesn’t have touch controls, the buttons and knobs are acceptable for such a price. This microwave offers 5 auto cook functions and 10 power settings.
- Safety lock makes it ideal for households with small kids
- The concave reflex system ensures the food cooks more quickly and evenly
- Fast steam cleaning releases residues in the oven cavity
- The auto cooling function keeps the components cool after the operation
7. RecPro RV Black 1.1 Cu. ft Microwave Convection Oven
This microwave is specially designed for use in RVs. To begin with, it has rugged components that can withstand vibrations during travel. Also, this unit is small and compact to conserve counter space. Despite that, it offers an impressive cooking capacity of 1.1 cubic feet. It has 9 pre-programmed one-touch settings that accommodate a variety of foods.
Besides convection cooking, this microwave can defrost, roast, and grill food. It has a power rating of 1000 watts, which helps save cooking time. Though it costs more, the versatility and durability make it worth every penny.
- Built-in vents eliminate odours, heat, and moisture generated during cooking
- Trim kit allows for easy installation
- Child lock setting for added safety
6. Toshiba EM131A5C-SS Stainless Steel Small Microwave Oven
Are you looking for a small high-end unit? Well, Toshiba EM131A5C might make an excellent choice. First and foremost, the inside measures 1.2 cubic feet. Hence, it’s one of the largest among compact microwaves. It has 6 presets for cooking and heating various kinds of dishes. Not to mention, all options have one-touch control buttons. The oven has a sensor function, which is an excellent addition.
It detects the type of food in the microwave and adjusts accordingly for better results. More importantly, it has one of the best sensor function on the market. And instead of the loud beep, this microwave has a quiet signal for comfortable use.
- Two defrost functions
- Programs up to three power and time combinations
- Reheats food in as little as 30 seconds
- Super compact size makes an ideal choice for small apartments
5. Panasonic NN-SD945S Stainless Steel Countertop/Built-In Microwave Oven
Inverter technology and turbo defrost are the defining features of this unit. The inverter technology, in particular, maintains a constant temperature. Hence, there’s zero chance that the food will overcook. Indeed, this is a feature that sets it apart from most models on the market. The turbo frost, on the other hand, speeds up defrosts. While other microwaves offer auto-cook menus, this model has a smart sensor that combines up to 19 different menu items.
- Premium stainless steel construction gives respectable longevity
- The genius sensor takes the guesswork out of the cooking process
- Inverter technology allows for consistent and faster cooking
- Extra-large capacity (2.2 cubic feet) makes it an excellent family size microwave
4. Sharp Over-the-Range Convection Microwave
Sharp R1874T costs fives times more than most models out there, and for a good reason. It’s more of a 2-in-1 unit that combines a microwave oven and a range hood. As a result, it’s capable of removing fumes, heat, and steam for the air. This helps keep the air in your kitchen fresh and clean. Another huge advantage is that it helps save space. For instance, you can install it at a height to free up counter space.
Apart from that, this microwave offers up to 12 convection settings. Well, that’s a lot more than what other models have to offer. Also, the microwave has a built-in kitchen timer that works independently. Overall, this is one versatile microwave that goes a step further to provide ventilation and sensor cooking.
- Ventilation fan eliminates odours, heat, and moisture
- 8 sensor-cooking options
- The multi-coloured display makes it easy to read
3. Panasonic Countertop Microwave Oven
At 1.2 cubic feet, this microwave has ample room to accommodate large dishes. As a matter of fact, you can defrost a whole chicken with some room to spare. Unlike those of other models, the turntable is thinner and lighter. Not only does it make the oven more efficient, but it also creates more cooking space. Similar to most Panasonic microwaves, it has inverter technology, and a turbo defrost.
Hence, it’s sure to impress even those professional chefs out there. Additionally, it has a smart sensor for up to 14 different menus to save you time and energy. Above all, it has the ability to keep your food warm.
- Thinner and lighter turntable
- The genius sensor adjusts accordingly depending on the type of food
- You can use on the countertop or as a built-in oven to save space
2. Oster French Convection Countertop Microwave & Toaster Oven
The design of this convection oven is quite unlike the others on our list. Apart from having two doors, this oven is noticeably larger. As a matter of fact, it can easily fit two 16-inch pizzas. And when used as a toaster oven, it can hold up to 14 slices of bread at a go. That said, it’s an excellent choice for those with plenty of counter space. Instead of standard convection cooking, it has a turbo function.
Hence, it not only makes the process faster but also browns food more evenly. Overall, this oven has 8 preset functions, including defrost, keep warm, dehydrate, and broil.
- Turbo convection for faster cooking
- Double racks allow you to cook more in one batch
- Extra-large interior
- Adjustable time of up to 90 minutes
1. Panasonic Countertop / Built-In Microwave Ovens
This is among the world’s most advanced microwaves. It incorporates several high-tech features to improve cooking results. To begin with, it has a sensor cook and reheats function. These allow the microwave to adjust cooking time and power level automatically. Hence, it eliminates guesswork. The best part, it’s suitable for up to 20 different menus. The interior is 2.2 cubic feet, making it one of the largest microwave ovens.
For the most part, it can hold a mountain of food for the entire family. Cyclonic wave and inverter technology are another excellent addition. These give steady and precise heating to ensure your food cooks evenly. By the way, this microwave is built-in compatible. Therefore, it won’t disrupt the overall look of your kitchen.
- Ultra-efficient 3D waves cook faster and uniformly
- Elegant controls
- Faster defrost time