Snowfall might look beautiful at first. However, it’s only a few hours before it buries your driveway. Though you can choose to shovel it, it won’t be long before back pains start to kick in. Now, you’ll agree with us that you can’t beat the speed, effectiveness, and ease-of-use of a snowblower. Above all, intuitive controls make the process almost enjoyable. Also, unlike shovels, snow blowers can last almost a lifetime. For the record, most high-end models last at least 40 years. But with a multitude of options, how do you choose the best snow blower for the money?
The selection process can be a considerable challenge. Thus, to save you the time and effort, we’ve put together a list of the best snow blowers for heavy snow. Read more to find what suits you best.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Snow Blowers Reviews
- 10. Greenworks 2600502 20″ Corded Gas Snow Thrower
- 9. Earthwise 40 Volt Cordless Electric Snow Thrower
- 8. Snow Joe 40V Cordless Brushless Single-Stage Battery Snow Blower
- 7. WEN 5662 13A 18-Inch Electric Snow Thrower
- 6. TACKLIFE Electric Snow Blowers – 15 Amp Electric Snow Thrower
- 5. Snow Joe SJ623E 15 Amp Single Stage Snow Thrower
- 4. Earthwise SN72018 Corded Electric Snow Thrower with LED Lights
- 3. Briggs & Stratton Single Stage Snow Thrower with 208cc Engine
- 2. Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Power Curve Electric Snow Blowers
- 1. Snow Joe iON100V-21SB-CT Cordless Snowblower
Table of the Best Snow Blowers Reviews
10. Greenworks 2600502 20″ Corded Gas Snow Thrower
Greenworks 2600502 uses a heavy-duty 13-amp motor. It’s powerful enough to tackle big snow dumps. For the record, it clears snow to a depth of 10 inches. And at full throttle, it can clear up to 12 inches. Overall, it blows 850 pounds of snow per minute. Not to mention, throwing it up to 20 feet away.
The chute not only throws snow farther away, but it also rotates 180 degrees. Hence, it’s able to dump snow out of your way. Again, this snow thrower has a clearing width of 12 inches. Thus, it clears your driveway much quicker than you would with a snow shovel. Moreover, the handle folds after use, enabling you to store the snow thrower with ease.
- Powerful 13 amp electric motor blows 850 pounds of snow each minute
- 180-degree chute directs snow where you want
- Folding handle saves space during storage
- Extra-large head clears 20 inches wide and 10 inches deep to save time
- Built-in LED light illuminates the work area
9. Earthwise 40 Volt Cordless Electric Snow Thrower
This snow blower gives you super-charged power. Hence, it can tackle any snow removal job. Instead of standard lithium battery, this cordless snow blower uses a 40-volt power-efficient battery. As such, it offers a longer run time. Also, it uses an upgraded brushless motor that delivers the power of gas models. It clears snow up to 12 inches deep and 12 inches wide. Also, it removes 600 pounds of snow per minute to save time.
Moreover, it has one of the longest throwing distance of 30 feet. Not to mention, you can adjust the discharge angle to 180 degrees. That means you can shoot snow in the desired direction. Like the Greenworks 2600502, it has integrated LED lights that enable you to blow snow in the dark.
- A power-efficient battery provides a longer run time
- Powerful brushless motor clears snow 12 inches deep and 12 inches wide
- Impressive blow rate of 600 pounds per minute
- Adjustable discharge angle of 180 degrees
- Integrated LED lights illuminate the work area
- Tool-free assembly makes it DIY-friendly
8. Snow Joe 40V Cordless Brushless Single-Stage Battery Snow Blower
Snow Joe has a wide range of snow blowers. The iON18SB stands out among its most versatile models. First, it offers a cordless operation, enabling you to use it anywhere. Again, the lithium battery provides an impressive run time of 50 minutes. The best part, it comes with a quick charger to save time. Moreover, this snowblower uses a durable brushless motor. Not only is the motor energy-efficient, but it also runs quietly.
Equipped with a heavy-duty steel auger, it can move 500 pounds of snow in a minute. Not to mention, it cuts 18 inches wide and 8 inches deep with each pass. It has a throwing distance of 20 feet, adjustable to 180 degrees. Like the above models, it has LED bulbs that light your way.
- Adjustable handle provides comfort and enables easy storage
- A powerful battery provides 50 minutes run time
- Durable and whisper-quiet brushless motor improves efficiency
- Extra-large clearing path of 18 inches clears more in less time
- LED bulbs to improve visibility
7. WEN 5662 13A 18-Inch Electric Snow Thrower
WEN 5662 is the least expensive snowblower on our list. But that doesn’t make it any less capable. It clears snow up to 7.8 inches deep. Though a bit less than what you get in most models, it has an extra-wide path of 18 inches. Also, it moves 490 pounds of snow per minute at full throttle.
The chute shoots snow 20 feet away. Moreover, you can rotate it 180 degrees to direct the snow where you want. Not only can you adjust the direction of the throw, but also the height. Take the height adjustment lever, for instance. It enables you to adjust the arc of thrown up to 10 feet high. Hence, you can easily shoot snow over obstacles.
- A versatile multi-directional chute lets you adjust both the angle and height of the throw
- Lightweight design (32 pounds) and onboard carry handle enable easy transportation
- High-speed auger blows 490 pounds of snow per minute
- Extra-wide clearing path (18 inches) covers a large area with each pass
6. TACKLIFE Electric Snow Blowers – 15 Amp Electric Snow Thrower
Most corded electric snow throwers are rated 12 to 13 amps. However, Tacklife snowblower takes things the extra mile. It uses an ultra-powerful 15 amp motor. It clears 20 inches wide and 10 inches deep in a single pass. That’s equivalent to 800 pounds of snow per minute. Such an impressive snow removal rate makes it ideal for clearing snow off medium to large-sized driveways.
The chute is fully adjustable. It allows for a 180-degree adjustment. Not only that, you can tilts the chute cover from 60 to 90 degrees for greater flexibility. Moreover, the chute shoots out the snow up to 30 feet. The steel auger has high-quality rubber blades. Therefore, it’s less likely to rust, even when blowing wet snow.
- Ultra-powerful 15 amp motor moves 800 pounds of snow in a minute
- Fully-adjustable chute allows for greater flexibility
- An extra-wide 20-inch path clears snow quickly
- Adjustable handle folds for easy storage
5. Snow Joe SJ623E 15 Amp Single Stage Snow Thrower
Snow Joe SJ623E is a reliable all-around performer. It handles light, fluffy, and wet snowfalls up to 10 inches deep. Also, it has a snow removal rate of 720 pounds per minute. The width of the clearing path is quite crucial in a snow thrower. Snow Joe takes this into consideration by incorporating a wider 18-inch clearing path. Apart from the generous clearing path, it can discharge snow up to 25 feet away.
Moreover, it comes with halogen lamps to aid in dim light conditions. The speciality clearing tool is another feature you don’t always find in most models. As the name suggests, it clears clogged snow off the chute. This hands-free system helps keep your fingers safe.
- Hands-free clean-out tool clears snow off the chute to prevent clogging
- 23 watts halogen lamps improve visibility
- Ultra-powerful 15 amp motor clears 18 inches wide and 10 inches deep in each pass
- The crank system enables you to adjust the chute direction by up to 180 degrees
4. Earthwise SN72018 Corded Electric Snow Thrower with LED Lights
Earthwise SN72018 makes light work of snowfall on patios and driveways. It uses a dual-blade system that enables it to move 700 pounds of snow per minute. Also, it has a generous clearing path and depth of 18 inches and 12 inches, respectively. This snow thrower has an adjustable chute. It shoots out snow in the desired direction, up to 30 feet away.
Moreover, the angle of the chute is adjustable from the handle. Hence, you can rotate the chute without stopping. Furthermore, this snowblower has dual LED lights. Therefore, you can clear snow during the early morning hours or at night.
- Dual LED lights enhance visibility in dim light
- An ergonomic cushioned handle provides additional user comfort
- An impressive throwing distance of 30 feet and a snow removal rate of 700 pounds per minute
- Adjustable discharge angle of up to 180 degrees
3. Briggs & Stratton Single Stage Snow Thrower with 208cc Engine
This snow thrower is a little winter warrior with a ton of features to offer. It’s a gas-powered model that uses a 208cc 4-stroke engine. The engine packs plenty of power. Moreover, it’s designed to withstand sub-zero temperatures of up to 20 degrees below zero. Hence, it’s an excellent choice for harsh winter conditions.
The auger is 22 inches wide and clears snow up to 12.5 inches deep. Though manual, the chute rotates up to 200 degrees. Not to mention, there’s a fully adjustable deflector. It enables you to adjust both the distance and height of the discharge. For the record, this snowblower shoots snow a staggering 30 feet away.
- Adjustable chute and deflector offer more convenience
- Powerful 208cc engine delivers 9.5 foot-pounds of torque
- Extra-wide path of 22 inches clears snow quickly
- Recoil start system is easy to use, even in sub-zero temperatures of up to minus 20 degrees
2. Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Power Curve Electric Snow Blowers
Toro 38381 is a snow-hungry machine that clears snow down to the pavement. It has a ton of features that outweigh other snow blowers in the same category. First, its rotors use Power Curve Technology that funnels snow towards the middle. Hence, the chute is less likely to clog. Also, this snow thrower offers a full 15 amps of power. Therefore, you get a more powerful motor and auger.
It cuts snow 18 inches wide and 12 inches deep. Also, it moves 700 pounds of snow a minute at a walking pace. The chute can rotate 160 degrees. Thus, you can easily shoot snow from the driveway to your yard. Furthermore, this snow thrower has a zip deflector. It enables you to shoot the snow low, high up, or somewhere in the middle.
- Power Curve Technology minimizes the risk of clogging
- Adjustable chute and zip deflector gives you control over the discharge
- Full 15 amp of power moves 700 pounds of snow in a minute
- Full-bail ergonomic handle provides additional comfort
- Lightweight construction (26 pounds) makes it easier to manoeuvre
1. Snow Joe iON100V-21SB-CT Cordless Snowblower
This cordless snow thrower is a machine to be reckoned with. No wonder it’s among the most advanced and efficient models on the market. It uses an advanced 100-volt lithium-ion battery. Not to mention, this is a battery that offers greater flexibility. You can use the 5Ah version that offers 45 minutes run time. Also, you can pair with a 2.5Ah battery for a combined run time of 60 minutes.
This snow thrower has a clearing width and depth of 21 and 12 inches, respectively. It uses a 2800 watts motor that moves 16 tons of snow on a single charge. Moreover, you can vary the speed of the motor to extend run time or boost blowing power. This snow thrower comes with dual LED lights that illuminate the job site.
- Variable speed control maximizes runtime and blowing power
- Accepts various battery sizes to extend the run time to 60 minutes
- Clever battery design has USB ports and built-in light for more convenience
- Quiet 2800 watts brushless motor moves up to 16 tons of snow on a single charge
- A foldable handle enables easy storage