Nothing is more appealing than a home surrounded with a well-groomed hedge. However, to maintain its appearance, you need to invest in the best electric hedge trimmers. You will actually run into multiple choices when looking for the right quality model. This may inconvenience you as you may end up making a selection that does not perfectly match your needs. To make things much easier, we present to you a list of the top models. This will enable you make a more informed selection during your purchase.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Electric Hedge Trimmers Reviews
- 10. BLACK+DECKER LHT2220 20V Lithium Ion Hedge Trimmers
- 9. Corded Electric 2-in-1 Pole/Hand-held Hedge Trimmer
- 8. BLACK+DECKER Hh3455 3.3-Amp HedgeHog Hedge Trimmer
- 7. GreenWorks 22102 2.7 Amp 18-Inch Corded Hedge Trimmer
- 6. BLACK+DECKER LPHT120B Bare Max Lithium Ion Pole Hedge Trimmer
- 5. Poulan Pro PP2822 22-Inch 28cc 2 Cycle Gas Powered Dual Sided Hedge Trimmer
- 4. Black & Decker NHT2218 18-Volt Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 22-Inch
- 3. Makita XHU02Z 18V LXT Hedge Trimmer
- 2. OREGON 40 Volt MAX* HT250-S6 Hedge Trimmer Kit
- 1. BLACK+DECKER HT22 Hedge Trimmer, 22″
Table of the Best Electric Hedge Trimmers Reviews
10. BLACK+DECKER LHT2220 20V Lithium Ion Hedge Trimmers
This trimmer is specially designed for cutting branches that features a maximum thickness of 0.75 inches. The trimmer utilizes a lithium ion battery that has a 20-volt power output. It enables you to trim an area of 3,000 square feet between charges. The trimmer features dual-type blades that measure 22 inches long to provide extended reach. It is known to generate 40-percent less vibration than standard models.
9. Corded Electric 2-in-1 Pole/Hand-held Hedge Trimmer
This is a 2-in-1 tool: hand hedge trimmer and pole hedge trimmer. It incorporates a 2.8-amp electric motor that drives its 18-inch dual blades. The head rotates through 150 degrees and locks into distinct 5 positions for enhanced flexibility. This trimmer is meant for branches that have a measurement of 0.75-inch thick. The lightweight telescopic pole adjusts the length of the trimmer to a maximum of 12 feet.
8. BLACK+DECKER Hh3455 3.3-Amp HedgeHog Hedge Trimmer
Get up to 40-percent less vibration with this trimmer. It has a lightweight construction of 6.5 pounds that makes it much easier to control. Its 24-inch serrated blades are driven by a 3.3-amp motor. These dual action blades deliver 2,800 cutting strokes in a single minute. The handle rotates through 180 degrees to provide 5 cutting positions. The trimmer tackles branches that are 0.75 inches thick.
7. GreenWorks 22102 2.7 Amp 18-Inch Corded Hedge Trimmer
This trimmer is meant to provide high efficiency in any trimming task. It weighs in at 6.5 pounds to minimize user fatigue. Powered by a 2.7-amp motor, its 18-inch blades generate 3,200 cutting strokes in a single minute. These rustproof blades can tackle branches that measure 3/8 inches thick. The trimmer features less vibration to provide ultimate comfort during use.
6. BLACK+DECKER LPHT120B Bare Max Lithium Ion Pole Hedge Trimmer
This is a bare tool that is compatible with a 20-volt maximum lithium ion battery. The trimmer offers the benefit of a 40-percent less vibration. It has 18-inch long blades that feature a dual cutting mechanism for great efficiency. The trimmer has a 6.5-foot usable length and can provide a maximum overhead reach of 10 feet. It cuts branches that have a maximum diameter of 7/16 inches.
5. Poulan Pro PP2822 22-Inch 28cc 2 Cycle Gas Powered Dual Sided Hedge Trimmer
If you need extra power, then try your hands on this heavy duty trimmer. It is a gas powered model that makes use of an advanced 28cc engine. The heavyweight construction of this trimmer is well-compensated by its great ergonomics that include a multi-position swivel handle. The 22-inch blades are made of steel for long-term use. They are serrated and stay sharp for long.
4. Black & Decker NHT2218 18-Volt Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 22-Inch
This is a cordless trimmer fitted with 18-volt NiCad battery. It delivers exceptional power and lasts for long between charges. The battery provides a cutting capacity of 2,500 square feet. Like other Black & Decker trimmers, it generates 40-percent less vibration. The 22-inch blades easily slashes through branches that are 0.75 inches thick. The handle is padded and ergonomically designed to provide multiple holding positions.
3. Makita XHU02Z 18V LXT Hedge Trimmer
At 87dB, this trimmer is actually 25-percent quieter than most conventional models. The trimmer is powered by 18-volt LXT battery. The 22-inch blades offer increased cutting capacity and deliver 1,350 cutting strokes per minute for added efficiency. The trimmer has a lightweight construction and generates minimal vibration for increased user comfort. It measures 38 inches long to provide extended reach.
2. OREGON 40 Volt MAX* HT250-S6 Hedge Trimmer Kit
The battery pack incorporated in this trimmer provides a maximum power output of 40 volts and can last for 30 minutes under constant use. The trimmer has one of the lowest noise levels rated at 74dB. The 24-inch blades provide a maximum cutting speed of 2,750 strokes every single minute. The trimmer features a throttle that enables you to regulate the cutting speed for added convenience. It cuts branches that are 0.75 inches thick.
1. BLACK+DECKER HT22 Hedge Trimmer, 22″
The cutting performance of this trimmer can only be matched by a few in the industry. It features a quiet 4-amp motor that generates 40-percent less vibration. The 22-inch dual blades are made of steel. These pre-hardened blades are rustproof and stay sharper for longer. The trimmer can be used on all nature of hedges and shrubs. It trims branches that are 0.75 inches thick.