Want to maintain a beautiful look or theme to your garden? But struggle to properly shape it? So, to solve these problems and keep the shape of the hedge original, the cordless hedge trimmers are hailed in the market. Your garden will bloom and the hedges will complement it well. These are certainly something that can smoothly shape it and will cut off the extra growth. Unlike the traditional trimmers, this doesn’t need manual force. You can simply chop it off automatically without wasting energy.
Even if these are automatic products, you still need to double-check on the brand’s construction quality. So, to give you an insight, read our hedge trimmer’s comparison.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Cordless Hedge Trimmers Reviews
- 10. WORX WORX WG261 20V Battery-Powered Cordless Hedge Trimmers
- 9. Greenworks 22″ Dual-Action Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer
- 8. BLACK and DECKER 40V MAX Battery Cordless Hedge Trimmers
- 7. DEWALT DCHT820B 20V Cordless Hedge Trimmers
- 6. Makita XHU02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmers
- 5. Scotts Outdoor Power Tools Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer
- 4. CRAFTSMAN 22-Inch Electric Hedge Trimmer
- 3. Sun Joe HJ22HTE-PRO Electric Hedge Trimmer
- 2. Toro 51490 Corded Hedge Trimmer
- 1. UKOKE U01HT Cordless Electric Power Hedge Trimmer
Table of the Best Cordless Hedge Trimmers Reviews
10. WORX WORX WG261 20V Battery-Powered Cordless Hedge Trimmers
Worx presents to you one of the most lightweight hedge trimmers available in the market. It weighs just around 5.5 pounds and has a large moulded overhandle that gives you extreme manoeuvrability. Next, you also get the extra leverage required to reach out to branches at higher altitudes. The ergonomic handles make this machine comfortable to use while advanced engineering. On the other hand, the high build-quality behind this product makes it extremely tough.
With its 22 inch blade, you won’t get any messy trims. Its dual-action feature makes the blade make one stroke and cut the branch again in reverse for a neat cut every time.
- Blade sheath keeps you from harm’s way when the trimmer is not in use.
- The cordless design gives you more freedom to move around in large yards.
- The 2.0Ah battery gets charged quickly and lasts long.
9. Greenworks 22″ Dual-Action Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer
Greenworks never fails to impress with its state-of-the-art power tools that can put most products from rival manufacturers to shame. This corded hedge trimmer has a similar story and is powerful enough to take care of most trimming tasks. It is operated by electric power and doesn’t involve the hassle, mess, and emissions of a gas-guzzling trimmer. Besides, it has a powerful 4 amp motor. As a result, it can deliver adequate performance to take care of any job quickly and efficiently.
As a matter of fact, it has an integrated button at the handle. Push it to start the trimmer instantly and trim out bushes, branches and more at 300 strokes each minute. Other than being ergonomic and comfortable to hold, the handle has another feature. You can rotate it to 180 degrees and cut at any angle without an issue. Since it has a corded design you don’t have to worry about running out of battery power. Use it as long as it takes to get the job done.
- Steel blade moves in both direction sideways for clean and optimum cuts.
- With cord lock, you don’t have to worry about accidental unplugging.
- Less noise compared to other models and hence, a peaceful experience.
8. BLACK and DECKER 40V MAX Battery Cordless Hedge Trimmers
This cordless hedge trimmer from Black+Decker belongs to the brand’s 40V max lineup. That means it is cordless and comes with a 40V Lithium-ion battery that is used with other power tools from Black+Decker’s same lineup. You can effectively save a lot of money on battery since one or two would be enough to power them all.
The trimmer also has a much large cutting capacity than products from competing manufacturers. With its 24-inch blade, you can take care of overgrown branches and bushes with less effort. Finally, it can charge in just a matter of one hour for quick results during the trimming process.
- Can cut as much as 6000-square feet of the hedge with a single charge.
- The battery indicator lets you know when you need to recharge it.
- The power-drive transmission provides the great cutting force to cut dense branches easily.
7. DEWALT DCHT820B 20V Cordless Hedge Trimmers
Dewalt offers you an electric hedge trimmer with a powerful electric motor that runs on their 20V Max platform. So, if you own any of the products from that line-up you can use its battery on this trimmer or go the other way around. The steel blade is also quite sharp and has an impressive cutting capacity of ¾-inches. You would be able to trim out branches of various thicknesses without an issue. Since it doesn’t run on gas there is no engine and carburettors or air filters that need repair or replacement.
You can operate this machine at virtually no maintenance cost. Due to its lightweight design, it is easy to grab it and function with it.
- The battery is swapped within seconds.
- It’s the battery a high capacity of 5Ah that is certainly ideal for providing long runtime.
- D-handle lets you move around the trimmer with minimal effort and maximum control.
6. Makita XHU02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmers
Makita always makes the top of the line electric power tools and this trimmer from the brand is one such example. One of the greatest concerns about any motorized edge trimmer is the vibration. It is excessive in gas-powered trimmers while it isn’t very low on electric-powered models. Makita went the extra mile to reduce vibration to an absolute minimum with its innovative motor and blade design. You get a Makita motor that sits in housing with 5 cushions to reduce shock tremendously.
Moreover, the dual-action hedge trimmer blade further adds to reduce vibration while delivering superb cutting performance. The 22-inch blade lets you cover the maximum area and take care of large landscaping work in less time. You don’t need to worry about the cutting speed either since it can reach an impressive 2700 strokes per minute. In terms of safety, this hedge trimmer is probably unrivalled in the market. Lastly, it has Star Protection Computer controls that prevent problems like over-heating, overloading and over-discharging.
- Weighs just around 7.4-pounds and is easy to manoeuvre due to the unique handle design.
- The 5.0Ah battery gives you half an hour of runtime, which gets reduced by 5 minutes with the 4.0Ah battery.
- Noise is minimum and stays within the 90 dB limit.
5. Scotts Outdoor Power Tools Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer
Scotts Outdoor Power has armed its trimmer with a powerful and efficient 3.2 amp motor. As a result, it will consume less electricity but delivers more performance. With 3400 SPM from the blades, you don’t have to worry about overgrown branches. Next, its steel construction makes them even better and maintenance-free. The trimmer also features cord retention capabilities under the handle. This lets you landscape your yard without the annoyance of accidental unplugging in your way.
However, the speciality is in its inbuilt cord retention. This will help to keep the cord inside and avoid chances of having accidents.
- The moulded handle is comfortable to use and has a nice grip.
- Since it runs on electricity it is more environment-friendly than gas guzzlers.
- Dual-action blades chop off branches that have a thickness of ⅝-inches or less.
4. CRAFTSMAN 22-Inch Electric Hedge Trimmer
Craftsman provides you with a unique trimmer that sports quality components and superior design. It has steel blades that reach out to 22-inches and have the capability to cut down branches as thick as ¾-inches. Don’t worry about the performance since the 4.0 amp motor. Moreover, dual-action technology lets you achieve clean cuts that will make your yard a cause for envy.
Craftsman also stands behind its product with a 3 year warranty period. Therefore, even after any damages, one can replace it.
- The large shield prevents twigs and debris from flying towards you.
- Its steel blade is easily replaced when necessary.
3. Sun Joe HJ22HTE-PRO Electric Hedge Trimmer
Sun Joe always comes up with an innovative design for their power tools. And it’s the same for this trimmer. It has a durable design that will last you for a really long time and steel blades that have been hardened. Therefore, precision and neat cutting. You don’t have to worry about maintenance since the blades are rust-resistant. However, there is no air-filter or carburettor that needs to be cleaned or replaced.
The 3.8 amp electric motor gets the job done without a hitch. Lastly, it is certainly lightweight as it has a minimum weight of 5lbs. Thus, the heavyweight will not let it slip.
- The motor housing has strategic ventilation for optimum cooling.
- A wrap-around handle that is comfortable to hold.
- Since its a corded design, you don’t have to worry about running out of charge.
2. Toro 51490 Corded Hedge Trimmer
Toro has packed plenty of great features in its trimmer to make it worth your dollar. Firstly, the trimmer has a dual handle setup with a push-button integrated on one handle. The ergonomic grip handle checks vibration and reduces hand fatigue. On the other hand, the D-Grip handle gives you extra leverage and control. So, when you are reaching out to high up branches, it is not a struggle.
It also features a steel blade that is hardened and would stay sharp for a really long time. The blade is powered by the 4 amp motor that delivers a solid performance.
- Has a shield at the front to keep flying branches and twigs out of your way.
- Has a cord-lock system so that the machine doesn’t get unplugged by mistake.
1. UKOKE U01HT Cordless Electric Power Hedge Trimmer
Ukoke has added some of the best and innovative technologies in this trimmer. Therefore, you can get the best bang for your buck. It features 20-inch high strength steel blades that provide extreme precision and efficiency while you use them on trees, bushes and more. Due to the dual-action blades, you experience less vibration. Hence, less noise and can leave a neat cut without extremely jagged edges everywhere.
Moreover, less vibration also means you would be less fatigued at the end of your chore. The large teeth also enable you to cut branches that have a thickness of ¾ inches or less. However, you don’t have to worry about safety since the trimmer comes with a plastic blade. As a result, covers the sharp blade when you aren’t using it. Another advantage of this trimmer is that it doesn’t depend on a corded design. That means no accidental unplugging or a tangled mess at your feet.
- The 20V battery gives you an impressive runtime that can last for half an hour.
- The battery is used with other power tools of Ukoke.
- Have certifications from reputed organizations like ELT, CE, UL and more.
Your garden will look beautiful forever. The powerful hedge trimmers will cut through the branches and bring the shape that you desire.