Cordless String trimmers can be an invaluable tool for using in the garden. They help you to keep the edges of your lawn neat and tidy, and can also be useful in removing weeds and grasses. Some models of trimmers can even be used to mow small areas of grass. String trimmers are particularly useful because they give you much more freedom of movement, and this makes them more versatile. The different types of trimmer that you choose will largely depend on what you will be using it for, and the size of your garden. When you are looking to buy a cordless trimmer, it can be useful to compare a range of different models and the features that they have in order to help you find the one that is going to suit you best. You may find the following string trimmers reviews that you are looking at.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Electric Cordless String Trimmers
- 10. WORX 32-Volt GT2.0 String Trimmer
- 9. GreenWorks 21332 G-MAX 40V 13-Inch Cordless String trimmers
- 8. WORX 20-Volt GT 2.0 String Trimmer/Edger & Mini-Mower
- 7. Remington RM2510 Rustler Curved Shaft Gas Trimmer
- 6. BLACK+DECKER LCC300 Lithium-Ion String Trimmer and Sweeper
- 5. DEWALT DCST920P1 20V Brushless String Trimmer
- 4. Toro 51480 Corded 14-Inch Electric Trimmer/Edger
- 3. The Black & Decker LCC140 40-Volt Max
- 2. GreenWorks 21212 4Amp 13-Inch Cordless String Trimmers
- 1. BLACK+DECKER LST136W 40V MAX Lithium-Ion String Trimmer
Table of the Best Electric Cordless String Trimmers
10. WORX 32-Volt GT2.0 String Trimmer
The WORX WG175 has a 3 in 1 function so it can be used for edging, trimming and mowing. The conversion between different functions can be completed in a matter of seconds. It also has a quick-release lever which means the height and the degree of tilt can be adjusted quickly and easily. The powerful battery means that it will run for a long period of time between charges.
- Its capacity is 3-in-1 for trimming, edging and mowing grasses.
- It is quite to convert from trimmer to in-line edger.
- It is easy to adjust.
- It is also to move from place to place.
9. GreenWorks 21332 G-MAX 40V 13-Inch Cordless String trimmers
It does not use gas, which makes it far easier for the user as it can just be picked up and used whenever it is needed. It has a pivoting head so can be used for both edging and trimming, and an edging wheel is also included. The push start button means it can be started quickly and easily, and it is a very reliable unit so you can be confident that it will start the first time.
- It is lighter and reliable.
- It is easy to move.
8. WORX 20-Volt GT 2.0 String Trimmer/Edger & Mini-Mower
It has dual-position wheels which make it an ideal tool for edging, trimming and mowing. No additional tools are needed to switch between the three functions. The high-performance battery makes it easy for you to get the results you are looking for without having to worry about the battery running out.
7. Remington RM2510 Rustler Curved Shaft Gas Trimmer
The Remington RM2510 is very comfortable to use due to the balanced curved shaft design. The engine has quick start technology which makes pull starts far easier. The tool is very durable and can cut large areas of tall grass in less time because it has a 17-inch cutting swath.
6. BLACK+DECKER LCC300 Lithium-Ion String Trimmer and Sweeper
LCC300 can hold a charge up to five times longer than other types of battery, and this ensures that the trimmer can be used for a longer length of time between charges. It can be used as both a trimmer and an edger, and it is easy to switch between the two different functions. The gear drive transmission helps to provide more power when you are cutting, and this can make all your gardening jobs that are carried out with this tool much easier.
5. DEWALT DCST920P1 20V Brushless String Trimmer
The DEWALT DCST920P1 has a variable speed trigger which means that you are able to control exactly how much power you need from your trimmer. The fact that the motor is brush-less makes it more efficient and also more durable. It weighs just 8.5 lbs and is also very well balanced, which makes it easy to handle and manoeuvre. The gear drive design helps to maintain the cut speed which can help you to produce even results when you are using it for edging.
4. Toro 51480 Corded 14-Inch Electric Trimmer/Edger
This can be done at the touch of a button, and the tool includes a wheel which is used as a guide for edging. It is very user-friendly and will take care of all your gardening needs with ease. The cutting width is 14 inches and features a dual-line so that all edging and trimming tasks can be completed efficiently. The adjustable handle makes it comfortable to use as it does not put any strain on your back from bending over.
The Black & Decker LCC140 can be used as a sweeper as well as a trimmer and edger. The sweeper can be used on hard surfaces such as pathways and patios. You have the choice between making the tool more powerful, or cutting back on the power slightly to preserve the battery life. The higher power option is useful for tasks such as removing weeds. The high-quality battery has a longer life that can be found in other trimmers, and this is enhanced by the lower power mode.
2. GreenWorks 21212 4Amp 13-Inch Cordless String Trimmers
The GreenWorks 21212 is ideal if you only have a small yard that you want to take care of. It weighs just over 5lbs and because it is so lightweight, it is very easy to use and will not put any strain on your back. The height of the handle is adjustable which also makes it more comfortable to use. It has two trim lines, which means that all trimming can be carried out in less time and this is particularly useful when you are trimming around landscaping features in the yard.
1. BLACK+DECKER LST136W 40V MAX Lithium-Ion String Trimmer
LST136W is ideal for trimming your lawn in places that are not easily accessible with a mower. It can also be used for edging your lawn. It is a powerful tool due to the PowerDrive Transmission that gives you all the power you need when using this trimmer. It is very lightweight so it is easy to manoeuvre and can be used for a long period of time without making you uncomfortable. The battery can withstand a lot of use before it will need to be changed.