Physical balance is crucial in sports. Not to mention, our balance tends to diminish as we get older. Hence, improving balance skills is not only vital in athletic activities but also in everyday life. The good news is that you don’t have to exert a lot of energy to improve balance and posture. All you need is 10 minutes of your time training with a balance board. Besides, improving balance, it offers a ton of other invaluable benefits. For instance, it helps improve muscle and core strength over time. The best part, the result is noticeable in as little as one month. Though they primarily serve the same function, balance board exercises come in different shapes and sizes. Likewise, they incorporate various features to cater to specific skills and lifestyles. Thus, you’ll most likely find it quite tricky selecting the best balance boards on the market.
Well, to help you pick the right balance boards, we’ve rounded up a list of some of the best options out there. Also, we include a variety of categories to meet specific fitness goals and budget.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Balance Board Exercises Reviews
- 10. URBNFit Balance Board Trainer & Roller Board for Exercise, Athletic Training and Board Sports
- 9. 4TH Core Balance Board for Exercise Training with Roller
- 8. Revolution 101 Balance Board Trainer
- 7. Carrom Simply Fit Board Exercises
- 6. Driftsun Wooden Balance Board & Premium Balance Trainer
- 5. WODFitters Vew-Do Flow Balance Board for Snowboarding & Wake
- 4. HSPauto Wood Standing Desk Balance Board
- 3. Plankpad Wood & Walnut Balance Board & Bodyweight Fitness Trainer
- 2. Stealth Plankster Core Trainer – Dynamic Ab Plank Workout
- 1. Pono Board – The Level Motion Standing Desk Balance Board
Table of the Best Balance Board Exercises Reviews
10. URBNFit Balance Board Trainer & Roller Board for Exercise, Athletic Training and Board Sports
The board that opens our list is highly versatile and for a good reason. Besides exercise, you can use the board as a standing desk or for physical therapy. More importantly, this balance board works major muscles, including the core, legs, and back. The board is noticeably thinner and with a narrow deck. So, regardless of your workout routine, this is one balance board that is going to keep you challenged. Though it’s an excellent choice for those with advanced balance skills, it still makes an excellent option for anyone looking for a good balance board to incorporate to their workout routines.
- 2-part (pine and poplar) premium wood construction supports up to 800 pounds
- Anti-slip grip tape keeps the board on the roller
- PVC and soft fabric coating provide an easy glide roller surface
- Rubbery plastic dampens vibrations to ensure a smooth balance board experience
9. 4TH Core Balance Board for Exercise Training with Roller
Despite the simple design, this balance board has a lot to offer. From the legs, core, to abdominal muscles, it makes an ideal choice for strength training. And before we forget, it’s versatile too to suit both beginners and professionals. The board comes in premium wood while the roller is made of high-density cork. Unlike balance boards crafted from petroleum products, it’s firmer and holds its shape better. The wooden board, in particular, boasts a 10-ply maple construction that supports up to 500 pounds. A combination of rubber and plastic create a high-friction, anti-slip surface for added safety.
- Roller stop plates give better control to avoid dropping
- Cork solid roller provides a deep massage
- 3 colour options
8. Revolution 101 Balance Board Trainer
Revolution 101 is among the best value balance boards on the market. And the best part, it’s suitable for everyone, from athletes to the general population. For the most part, it’s a basic all-around board for improving body balance and control. And while it’s among the most expensive balance boards on the market, Revolution 101 is the best option for someone looking for a serious challenge.
So, it’s no surprise that most people call it the “next level balance board.” Though it comes with roller stops, those with advanced skills can remove them for an even greater challenge. The board has a soft traction top that keeps your feet comfortable and in one place.
- Vibration dampening keeps noise level down
- 11-ply hardwood construction supports more than 400 pounds
- Compact size for use anywhere
- Cushioned Durasoft grip feels comfortable with or without shoes
7. Carrom Simply Fit Board Exercises
Carrom balance board gives beginners an excellent opportunity to learn balance without complications. It’s a decent balance board and among the most affordable. The best part, you have a chance of choosing from four different designs. The board has an elongated design, making it ideal for snowboarding, skateboarding, skiing, and similar sports. Also, it has a generous size that you can use while standing, sitting or kneeling.
Overall, it makes an ideal starter board for those weighing up to 300 pounds. Not to mention, it comes in high-quality hardwood construction. Therefore, even though it’s a bit cheaper, the board and the roller are of decent quality.
- Roller has four discs that run along the tracks on the deck to avoid sliding
- Durable UV-treated deck
- Ideal for age 13 and above
6. Driftsun Wooden Balance Board & Premium Balance Trainer
Driftsun balance board is built for all skill levels. The deck is 100% hardwood and comes with a moulded composite roller for lasting durability. For the most part, this board gives users a surf-like workout. Not only does it strengthen your core, but it also improves balance and stability. The board has an aggressive grip that covers the entire surface. The roller, on the other hand, has textured grip bands. Hence, you can exercise with confidence. Overall, Driftsun is an all-around balance board for fitness, yoga, and other board sports.
- Sturdy construction holds up to 300 pounds
- Surf-inspired design
- Extra-thick (0.75 inches) safety roller stops
5. WODFitters Vew-Do Flow Balance Board for Snowboarding & Wake
This balance board focuses more on agility and speed, thanks to an angle tapered rock. By offering a more efficient transfer of rotational energy, the board allows for faster movement. Keep in mind; the rock is angled at 31 degrees. Hence, it allows for maximum movement with minimal ground contact. This flow, for the most part, makes the board ideal for intermediate to advanced riders. The wooden roller is bevelled. As a result, it allows you to roll onto the sides as well as practice heel and toe edge balance.
- Durable 7-ply maple deck
- High-density moulded rail provides excellent traction
- The outrigger-less design allows for greater toe and heel performance
4. HSPauto Wood Standing Desk Balance Board
If you’re looking for a balance board with an advanced design, then look no further than HSPauto. However, the board offers more than a unique design. It can drastically improve your balance skills and control with regular use. Also, the board is made entirely of wood. As a result, it provides years of use. Not to mention, the roller also comes in wood, allowing the balance board to serve its purpose exceptionally well. Unlike most balance boards, the back of the deck has a high-plastic sponge. For this reason, it offers unmatched comfort, even during practice.
- 3 removable stoppers allow you to achieve your desired range of motion
- Orbit design keeps the roller from leaving the balance board
- Strong skid-resistant carborundum material
- Suitable for all ages
3. Plankpad Wood & Walnut Balance Board & Bodyweight Fitness Trainer
Despite the name, Plankpad trainer offers more than planking. For instance, you can connect to your Smartphone or tablet and enjoy amazing games and workouts. Well, playing a game while exercising has one huge benefit. Instead of counting every second, it allows you to focus more on the game. Hence, it literally makes time fly enabling you to plank much longer.
More importantly, planking is among the most effective workouts should you want to build a strong core and align the spine. For the most part, this board will not only let you conquer that desired 6-pack but also increase metabolism. Besides, it helps activate major muscles.
- High-quality wood and walnut finish offers long-term use
- The quiet anti-slip mat protects the floor
- Soft sweat-resistant foam cover provides added comfort
- Allows you to get fit while enjoying a game
2. Stealth Plankster Core Trainer – Dynamic Ab Plank Workout
Stealth Plankster is one balance board that makes you want to get active. As a matter of fact, this device makes a gruelling fitness routine feel less tortuous. The ability to use it at home, at the gym, or just about anywhere is among its biggest selling points. By using tough materials, this device handles more weight, up to 250 pounds. Moving on, the device offers a 360-degree spin.
Hence, it can tilt back and forth, and from side to side. The best part, this core trainer adds a fun game aspect to your workout routine. Above all, it incorporates different exercises, including those for the lower back, glutes, and abs.
- Stealth gaming app is compatible with smartphones of all sizes
- Comfortable urethane arm pads
- Includes two free mobile games
1. Pono Board – The Level Motion Standing Desk Balance Board
Beginners will find this balance board a very suitable option. In the first place, this balance board doesn’t rock or wobble. So, it doesn’t have the disorienting “see-saw” movement of other balance boards. As a result, the board allows only for lateral movement, making it ideal for those with balance issues. The four ball-shaped PVC legs are inflatable. Hence, the board is adjustable to some extent.
By adjusting pressure, for instance, you can regulate the level of bounce. A light wood finish for the board and aqua PVC for the balls create one beautiful balance board that blends well with modern interior style.
- Anti-slip grip-sand surface
- Attractive natural bamboo deck
- Larger than standard deck can accommodate CrossFit and yoga exercises