More often than not, you’ll find kids throwing objects through anything that resembles a basketball hoop. For instance, some will throw a tennis ball through an opening. Others will go low tech by tossing cereals inside a cup. Well, don’t take them for granted. After all, basketball professionals, the likes of LeBron James, more likely had the same experience. So, how about you help them take their skills to the basketball court? It will not only help them enjoy the game better but also sharpen their skills. All you need is to invest in the best basketball hoops for kids.
Still, don’t know what to look for? Well, let’s make it easier for you. In this article, we list and review the best basketball hoops for toddlers and kids. Therefore, all you have to do is read through and pick the best for your child.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Basketball Hoops Reviews
- 10. Little Tikes Easy Score Indoor Basketball Hoops for Kids
- 9. Best Portable Adjustable Basketball Hoops for Kids
- 8. Lifetime 32-Inch Youth Portable Basketball Hoops
- 7. PEXMOR Portable Adjustable Basketball Stand for Indoor/Outdoor
- 6. GreenGee Portable Mini Basketball Hoop System for Kids
- 5. ZENY Indoor Outdoor Basketball Hoop with Wheels
- 4. Yaheetech Portable Basketball Hoop Height Adjustable Basketball Stand for Kids
- 3. Spalding Polycarbonate Backboard NBA Basketball Hoop
- 2. SKLZ Pro Mini Hoop Basketball System with Adjustable-Height Pole and Ball
- 1. Movement God Kid Portable Basketball Hoop
Table of the Best Basketball Hoops Reviews
[amazon template=”table” box=”B01C5A2WJO,B06XTGF1ZY,B002PL5KYI,B07V1M8MW8,B07VPW56DM,B07NW5WHRY,B07GBWT2Y4,B07H4C4HSN,B002MAF47A,B07DWRWXXX” /]
10. Little Tikes Easy Score Indoor Basketball Hoops for Kids
Who said toddlers can’t enjoy a game of basketball? Well, this basketball set accommodates kids as young as 18 months. Not to mention, the hoop is adjustable from 2.5 to 4 feet. That makes it suitable for kids up to 5 years. Overall, it provides up to six height adjustments.
The hoop has an oversized rim, allowing for an easy score. It has a broad base, which can be filled with sand for added stability. Also, the set comes complete with three junior size basketballs. Thanks to lightweight plastic construction, the set is pretty easy to move.
- Six height settings (2.5 to 4 feet) grow with your kid
- An oversized rim makes scoring easy
- Two-piece construction makes assembly a breeze
9. Best Portable Adjustable Basketball Hoops for Kids
This basketball hoop allows junior players to shoot and dunk with ease. It’s adjustable in height, from 6.5 to 8 feet. So, it’s tall enough for those high-flying moves. Again, this is one durable basketball hoop. It has a heavy-duty steel frame to provide sturdy support. Also, a plastic backboard and all-weather nylon net ensure long service life. Hence, this is a basketball set that can last many seasons.
The base has two built-in wheels. Thus, you can tilt and wheel around the hoop with minimal effort. The base is pretty wide for standalone use. Nonetheless, you can fill with sand or water for added stability.
- A heavy-duty steel frame offers added durability
- Built-in wheels allow for easy mobility
- Nylon net and polypropylene backboard allow for all-weather use
- Adjusts up to 8 feet for high-flying moves
8. Lifetime 32-Inch Youth Portable Basketball Hoops
Basketball hoops offer easy portability in different ways. As for this model, it has a 15-inch folding rim. Again, it has a telescopic pole adjustable from 5.5 to 7.5 feet. So, it’s easy to pack down to a small size for easy transportation. Moreover, the pole has an adjustment knob. Hence, it’s easier to adjust to the desired height with a simple twist.
The extra-large base is another excellent feature. It holds up to 10 gallons of water or sand. Thus, it keeps the hoop stable, especially when shooting. The steel frame has a rust-resistant powder coating. As for the backboard, it comes in high-density plastic material. Therefore, this is a hoop that can withstand the harshest elements.
- Easy telescopic height adjustments (5.5 to 7.5 feet)
- A folding rim allows for easy storage and transportation
- A large 10-gallon base offers excellent stability
- Durable, all-weather construction
7. PEXMOR Portable Adjustable Basketball Stand for Indoor/Outdoor
Most basketball hoops for juniors have a backboard size of 28 inches. Well, this model is an exception. It has a larger backboard, measuring 32 inches. Keep in mind; this is a stiff PVC backboard. Hence, it provides exceptional ball bounce. Above all, it has a protective film. It not only makes it shatterproof but also resistant to scratches.
The pole is adjustable from 5 to 7 feet. Altogether, there are seven height settings. Thus, it makes an ideal choice for most levels of play. The base of the pole has a triangle bracket to provide sturdy support. Furthermore, there are two wheels for easy mobility.
- A shatterproof PVC backboard offers excellent ball bounce
- Seven height settings (5 to 7 feet) accommodate different levels of play
- A triangle bracket provides a strong support
6. GreenGee Portable Mini Basketball Hoop System for Kids
GreenGee is another high-end basketball hoop for kids. For the record, it’s one of the best-rated on the market, and for a good reason. First, the frame uses larger 45mm steel tubes. Again, it has upgraded triangle support. As a result, it offers sturdy support for dunks.
The pole adjusts to different heights from 81 to 96 inches. For this reason, it’s suitable for any age. Should you choose, you can fill the base with water or sand. Furthermore, this basketball hoop has wheels. Hence, you can move and position easily.
- An upgraded base holds up to 132 pounds of sand for added stability
- A large 40mm square frame gives excellent support
- Built-in casters make it easy to wheel around
5. ZENY Indoor Outdoor Basketball Hoop with Wheels
From youth, teenagers, to pre-schoolers, this basketball hoop suits all. The adjustable pole spans 5.4 to 7 feet. Hence, it easily challenges your kids’ abilities as they advance. Also, the hoop has a high-density backboard. That means it can hold up well to a critical play. Above all, it offers exceptional rebound.
The hoop has a heavy-duty steel frame and an all-weather nylon net. Hence, it can take a beating from outdoor elements. Again, it makes the set more versatile. Thus, there’s no need to buy both and indoor and outdoor basketball hoop. Furthermore, it comes with a wheelable base for easy mobility.
- A tough and shatterproof polycarbonate backboard
- Powder-coated steel rod offers a longer service life
- Broad base easily stabilizes with water or sand
- Accommodates heights from 5.4 to 7 feet
4. Yaheetech Portable Basketball Hoop Height Adjustable Basketball Stand for Kids
A basketball hoop with a modern look can jazz up the game. Well, this is one such product. The round backboard and the red graphic design add to its modern look. Instead of a small rim, this hoop has a large 16.5-inch rim. This makes it easier for junior players to score.
Like most basketball hoops for kids, it can be set to different heights. For instance, you can set as high as 7 feet for court play or as low as 5 feet for kids. Overall, it offers up to six height settings. The base weighs 73 pounds stuffed with water. As heavy as it sounds, large wheels make it easier to move.
- Tank-like base fills water or sand for stability
- A rust-resistant, non-toxic iron post is durable and safe for kids
- Big 4-inch wheels allow for effortless movement
- Adjustable from 5 to 7 feet to cater to different ages
3. Spalding Polycarbonate Backboard NBA Basketball Hoop
The NBA logo is one feature that makes this basketball hoop stand out. In fact, it gives young players a pro-like feeling. The backboard is made of acrylic. So, rocks and other hard objects are more likely to bounce off. As such, it’s less susceptible to vandalism. Again, the backboard measures 54 inches, making it the largest on our list. Such size makes it ideal for practising shooting skills.
Unlike the others on the list, the pole is angled. This gives better support for vigorous games. Furthermore, it protects players from injuries. A screw jack lift system is another excellent feature. It makes it easy to adjust the height from 7.5 feet to a regulation 10 feet.
- Adjustable with a standard regulation height of 10 feet
- 20-degree angled pole offer added stability and safety
- Arena slam breakaway rim makes it safe to take a dunk
- Extra-large 34-gallon base keeps the hoop from tipping over
2. SKLZ Pro Mini Hoop Basketball System with Adjustable-Height Pole and Ball
All products on our list allow for different height settings. However, there’s one thing that makes this one stand out. You can set to as high as 7 feet or as low as 3.5 feet. The lowest height setting, in particular, makes it ideal for junior or poolside plays. Another excellent feature is the spring-action breakaway rim. It allows you to practice dunks without the risk of injuries.
Again, this basketball hoop uses a 33-inch polycarbonate backboard. It’s ultra-durable for competitive plays. Above all, it gives young players an authentic basketball experience. Furthermore, this basketball hoop has a mobile base for easy portability.
- Spring-loaded breakaway rim makes it safe to practice dunks
- Adjusts to as low as 3.5 feet for poolside plays
- Ultra-durable polycarbonate backboard can withstand competitive plays
- A professional-grade look gives authentic basketball experience
1. Movement God Kid Portable Basketball Hoop
The last product we would like to recommend is the Movement God hoop. Like the above hoops, it’s adjustable for all ages. The telescopic system, for instance, lets you adjust the height from 5.4 to 7 feet. Also, the hoop has a high-density polycarbonate backboard. It’s tough enough to take the punch of a basketball.
Moving this basketball hoop is made easier, thanks to two built-in wheels. Before we forget, this hoop has the largest rim diameter of 17 inches. Well, that’s just an inch less than those used by NBA professionals. Plus, it makes long shots more forgiving.
- Polycarbonate PE backboard can withstand the punch of a basketball
- Large 17-inch rim makes long shots more forgiving
- A simple telescopic system allows you to adjust the height from 5.4 to 7 feet