If you’ve ever tried hitting the trail with your little one in tow, then you know just how difficult it can get. Besides your child, there are a ton of other things you’ll have to carry. A baby backpack carrier, for the most part, is a game-changer that offers excellent comfort and safety to keep you and your child happy on the trail. Not only does it give the baby room to wiggle, but it also has a ton of storage to pack all the extras, including snacks, extra clothing, and diapers. Baby backpack carriers come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. So, it can be quite a challenge for selecting the best hiking baby backpack carriers for your next adventure.
To help you out, we have rounded up the best baby backpacks for travel. By the way, all these models are functional, ergonomic, and feature-packed to accommodate every lifestyle. Read more to figure out which baby carrier pack is right for you.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Baby Backpack Carriers Reviews
- 10. Luvdbaby Premium Baby Backpack Carriers for Hiking with Kids
- 9. Clevr Premium Cross Country Baby Hiking Carrier with Stand and Sun Shade
- 8. Clevr Urban Explorer Hiking Children Backpack Carrier
- 7. Clevr Canyonero Camping Baby Carrier Backpack & Hiking Baby Carrier
- 6. Chicco Smart Support Backpack Baby Carrier
- 5. Phil&teds Escape Baby Carrier Frame Backpack
- 4. Thule Sapling Elite Backpack Baby Carrier
- 3. LÍLLÉbaby CarryOn Toddler Backpack Carrier
- 2. Gorilla Carriers Child Hiking Backpack Carrier for Baby & Toddler
- 1. TECKCOOL Baby Toddler Backpack Cross country Carrier with Stand
Table of the Best Baby Backpack Carriers Reviews
10. Luvdbaby Premium Baby Backpack Carriers for Hiking with Kids
Luvdbaby hike carrier offers a ton of great features. First, it comes in premium hiking materials, primarily 600D and 300D ripstop polyester. As a result, it’s waterproof and hard-wearing. Apart from that, the backpack has a removable raincoat and sunshade that protect your child from the rain and UV rays. A lot of adjustments can be made within the carrier. To begin with, the height is adjustable to allow your child to see everything clearly. Next, it has adjustable stirrups that keep the babies feet from kicking or dangling.
Moving on, this baby carrier has excellent suspension that distributes the weight evenly resulting in zero back strain. Overall, this backpack baby carrier supports kids up to 40 pounds.
- Padded harness for added safety and comfort
- A lot of mesh and zippered pockets for stuff
- Insulated pocket keep baby food and bottle warm
- Includes a diaper changing pad
- Lightweight but sturdy aluminium stand
9. Clevr Premium Cross Country Baby Hiking Carrier with Stand and Sun Shade
Clevr is another well-equipped baby backpack carrier. It has nicely padded straps and torso adjustments. Not to mention, it comes with a breathable back padding. Well, all these features combine to give the parent a lot of comforts. Apart from that, it has another pack of features to keep the baby comfortable. First, it has drool pads and faces cushions. The pads are angled and made of soft fabric, which makes them excellent for resting napping heads. And should you choose, you can remove the drooling pad for easy cleaning.
Furthermore, this baby backpack carrier has multiple pockets for water bottles, diapers, and necessities.
- Adjustable 3-position seat
- Sun and rain canopy
- Kickstand keeps it stable on the table
- Folding frame for secure storage
- Weight limit: 33 pounds
8. Clevr Urban Explorer Hiking Children Backpack Carrier
This baby carrier strikes a perfect balance of style and functionality. It has a sturdy but light aluminium frame. While it can hold kids up to 42 pounds, this baby carrier has a weight capacity of 48 pounds. Hence, it can hold an extra 6 pounds of baby food and necessities. Sun hood and removable rain cover protect your little one from the elements. Besides, the carrier is fully adjustable to give a comfortable experience, both for you and your kid. The backpack comes with a metal stand. For this reason, it can stand on its own on level surfaces. Not to mention, you can fold the frame flat for easy portability.
- Strong waterproof polyester
- Ideal for kids up to 48 months old
- A large diaper changing pad for emergencies
- 3-way child seat
- Dedicated pocket for water bottles
7. Clevr Canyonero Camping Baby Carrier Backpack & Hiking Baby Carrier
Here is another baby backpack from Clevr. Indeed, this is a brand that stands out in the world of baby backpack carriers. At 6 pounds, it’s hard for any hiker to ignore this backpack. Thick padding and adjustable straps make it comfortable, even with a 42-pound kid on the back. Also, the sun and rain protection is an excellent weather-protection bonus for the price. And by adjusting the straps, the harness can comfortably accommodate varying torso sizes. Furthermore, this backpack is loaded with storage. Hence, you won’t miss finding a place for most of the things you need along the way.
- Retractable canopy
- Optional freestanding mode
- Safety harness offers up to 5 levels of height adjustment
- A choice of 3 different colours
6. Chicco Smart Support Backpack Baby Carrier
This backpack looks a bit intimidating at first glance. But in reality, it’s quite simple to use. The harness, for the most part, is adjustable to grow with the baby. Not to mention, the cockpit gives babies plenty of room to move their hands and arms. The main support bar is padded for added comfort. And as most backpack baby carries, it comes with a kickstand. Not only does it enable the backpack to stand alone, but it also makes it easier and safer to load and offload without an extra pair of hands. Also, the pack comes with a sunshade that protects the baby during those long walks.
- Sternum and waist strap offload most of the weight pressure
- Height adjustable seat
- Weight capacity of 40 pounds
5. Phil&teds Escape Baby Carrier Frame Backpack
Phil and Teds Escape is well built and boasts a huge amount of storage. Besides, it comes with several well-thought-out extras. To start with, this backpack baby carrier comes with a day pack. It adds some flexibility to the backpack, and you can remove it to share the load with another adult. Also, this baby carrier comes standard with removable sunshade and rain visor to protect your little one from weather elements. This backpack is particularly best for kids aged 6 months and weighing around 20 pounds. However, with some bit of adjustments, it can fits babies up to 3 years old.
- Both sides open for easy in and out
- Tons of pocket storage inside and out (the main compartment is among the largest)
- Frame compresses well for easy storage
- Soft “shoulder cradle” for napping babies
4. Thule Sapling Elite Backpack Baby Carrier
Sapling Elite child carrier is an essential piece of travel gear. First and foremost, it’s geared for older babies as well as toddlers. Overall, it can comfortably support kids from as young as 10 months to 4 years old. This child carrier backpack provides excellent support, both to the child and the wearer. The hip belt and the back panel, for instance, are fully adjustable for added comfort.
Besides, they make it quick and easy to slip the pack on and off. Also, the pack has load stabilizer straps that can be adjusted on the go. Furthermore, the backpack has dual access loading. Hence, you can place your child on the seat from either the side or top.
- Plenty of pockets with two quick-access pockets on the hip belt
- Ergonomic, height-adjustable seat
- Removable day pack
- Removable stirrups allow babies to readjust themselves
3. LÍLLÉbaby CarryOn Toddler Backpack Carrier
As the name implies, this carrier allows you to carry your child in 3 different positions. It’s a front, hip, and back carrier. Regardless of the position, the carrier offers never-ending comfort. Besides, multiple positions allow you to better bond with your child. The carrier is made of breathable 3D mesh fabric to keep your child cool. The sides panels are adjustable, allowing you to widen or narrow the seat to keep the hip in a comfortable position. Moreover, this carrier grows with your child as it can hold kids from 20 to 60 pounds.
- 2-position neck support
- Two pockets for storage
- Excellent lumbar support
- Machine washable for easy cleanup
2. Gorilla Carriers Child Hiking Backpack Carrier for Baby & Toddler
This carrier has a solid frame that can support kids that are 16 to 40 pounds. And in terms of adjustments, this carrier is in a league of its own. Overall, it has up to 19 adjustment points to give you and your little one a comfortable fit. Also, there are plenty of storage compartments for all the items you might need. The carrier has a removable day pack on the back should you want to shed some weight. Furthermore, it includes a bonus of rain hood and sunshade for excellent weather protection.
- Meets the standard for child safety
- Collapsible rigid aluminium frame allows for freestanding use
- Base storage holds up to 20 pounds of travel necessities
- Adjustable saddle and passenger harness accommodate kids from 6 months to 3 years
1. TECKCOOL Baby Toddler Backpack Cross country Carrier with Stand
Teckcool hiking carrier is as fashionable as it’s durable. Made of 600D oxford fabric, it offers waterproof performance. Besides, you have 3 colour options to suit your preference. The carrier has easy-to-use adjustments. The riding system, for instance, is adjustable in 4 directions to ensure a comfortable fit for you and your child. A metal stand makes it possible for the carrier to sit upright on level surfaces. Additionally, there re multiple pockets and two bottle holders for storage. Moreover, the carrier can easily fold for storage.
- Lightweight construction (5 pounds)
- Upgraded foot straps give more support
- Suitable for kids from 6 months to 4 years and holds up to 50 pounds