Setting up a well-equipped gym, but with adequate space to spare can be quite a challenge. So, how do you get to stay fit without all the clutter? Well, adjustable dumbbells might be the best solution. This gym equipment is as compact as it is versatile. For the most part, it can replace an entire rack of fixed weights. Besides, that ability to change weights quickly makes it ideal for a wide range of exercises. While there are many choices available to you, selecting the best adjustable dumbbells is no easy task.
For this reason, we took it upon ourselves to hand-pick a range of options and in different weight classes. Besides, we go deeper to outline the features that make these top-ranking adjustable dumbbells a game-changer. Keep in mind; we put more focus on dumbbell sets that work best for most exercises.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Adjustable Dumbbells Reviews
- 10. PowerBlock Elite Dumbbells
- 9. Bowflex SelectTech 552 Pair Adjustable Dumbbells
- 8. Merax Deluxe 71.5 Pounds Adjustable Dial Dumbbell
- 7. Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell
- 6. Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells 40, 50, 52.5, 60, 105 to 200 lbs with Connector
- 5. TELK Adjustable Dumbbell Sets, 45, 65, 105 to 200 lbs
- 4. ATIVAFIT Adjustable Fitness Dial Dumbbell with Handle & Weight Plate
- 3. Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Single Adjustable Dumbbell
- 2. Dumbbells 2 X 52.5 LBS Adjustable Cast Iron Dumbbell Set
- 1. Happybuy Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell for Building Muscle
Table of the Best Adjustable Dumbbells Reviews
[amazon template=”table” box=”B00GNUB40G,B001ARYU58,B07D9CKP3Y,B000MVH5SC,B01D487TDA,B07QB9DZLV,B07QZ1NYJ9,B000OC5RXE,B00RSDOU2G,B07TLJGKSX” /]
10. PowerBlock Elite Dumbbells
Many consider these to be the world’s best dumbbells, and for a good reason. First, it has an innovative nested design, a feature that sets it apart from conventional adjustable dumbbells. Essentially, this is a space-saving design that replaces up to 22 fixed dumbbells. So, if you want to remove clutter from your home gym, these dumbbells might be the best option for you. What is more, you can quickly adjust the weights when alternating from one exercise to another. The plates are made of durable steel and have a black enamel finish for lasting protection.
- Expandable weight range of 5-70 pounds
- Space-saving design replaces up to 22 pairs of fixed dumbbells
- Straightforward adjustments
- Magnetic locking pin keeps the plates secure
- Colour-coded plates for easy identification
9. Bowflex SelectTech 552 Pair Adjustable Dumbbells
This adjustable dumbbell has been, for many years, the industry’s standard of quality and functionality. Adjustments are as easy as simply turning a dial. So, if you’re looking for a dumbbell that allows for subtle weight changes, this one will work just fine. Not to mention, you can adjust from as low as 5 pounds to as high as 52.5 pounds. The first 25 pounds allow for 2.5-pound increments. Thereafter, you adjust in 5-pound increments. For the most part, these dumbbells replace up to 15 pairs of traditional fixed dumbbells.
- Simple dial adjustments
- Replaces 15 pairs of fixed dumbbells
- Adjustable weight range of 5 to 52.5 pounds
- Solid rubber grip
8. Merax Deluxe 71.5 Pounds Adjustable Dial Dumbbell
Merax Deluxe gives more than just a dumbbell. It comes with trays that provide secure storage. And unlike flimsy trays, they remain stable and upright as you remove or put back the dumbbells. From 11 to 71.5 pounds, the weight range of this adjustable dumbbell is quite impressive. Well, the minimum weight of 11 pounds is higher than most sets that start at 5 pounds. For this reason, this set makes an ideal choice for serious weight lifters. The dumbbells use a simple dial adjustment and allow for 5.5-pound increments. Overall, you get up to 12 sets of weight in one dumbbell. Hence, you get to save a lot of space.
- Adjustable weight range of 11 to 71.5 pounds is ideal for serious weight lifters
- Unique dial system allows for rapid weight adjustments
- Combines 12 sets of weight into one dumbbell
- Ergonomic non-slip handles
- Trays allow for secure storage
7. Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell
Bayou is a mid-range adjustable dumbbell for casual to moderate weight lifters. It adjusts from 5 to 25 pounds. The 2.5-pound increments, in particular, make it more beneficial for casual users. Also, these dumbbells use slide adjustment system that keeps the weights secure in one place. Another feature that makes these dumbbells stand out is the chrome-plated steel construction. Not only does it provide a sleek and elegant look, but it also makes the dumbbells resistant to rust. Each dumbbell comes with a handy storage crate.
- 5 to 25 pounds weight range with 2.5-pound increments is ideal for beginners
- Secure slide adjustment system
- Durable chrome-plated steel construction
- Storage crates
6. Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells 40, 50, 52.5, 60, 105 to 200 lbs with Connector
Yes4All offers several affordable dumbbell sets ranging from 40 pounds to 200 pounds. More importantly, these dumbbell sets are robust and secure. As a matter of fact, all come in cast iron. Hence, they are one of those dumbbell sets that offer the most bang for your buck. The handles are noticeably longer. Thus, they can fit even the widest hands. Besides, it creates plenty of room at the threaded ends to fit more weight. Therefore, it makes it possible to expand beyond the basic set.
The handles are textured to improve grip. Also, each end has a collar that keeps the plates secure. Each weight plate has a rust-resistant coating for long-life service. Keep in mind; each set is adjustable from as low as 5 pounds and in 2.5-pound increments. As a result, they make an ideal choice for both beginners and seasoned weight lifters.
- Available in 40 pounds all the way to 200 pounds
- Individual weight plates weight 2.5 pounds, 5 pounds, and 10 pounds
- Spin and lock adjustment system
- Chrome handles have a coarse texture to provide a secure grip
- Durable cast iron construction
5. TELK Adjustable Dumbbell Sets, 45, 65, 105 to 200 lbs
Ever estimate the bulk of adjustable dumbbells. This set, for instance, allows you to create two 100-pound dumbbells. Moreover, it comes in smaller versions with the minimum weighing up to 45 pounds. Each set uses iron cast plates for lasting durability. Also, the plates have an enamel finish that makes them resistant to rust and corrosion. Well, TELK is more than just a set of dumbbells. For instance, it includes a 10-inch adapter that connects the dumbbells to create a barbell.
- Available in 45, 65, 105, and 200-pound sets
- Corrosion-resistant baked enamel finish
- Durable cast iron plates
- Threaded ends and star locks keep the plates secure
- Can convert into a barbell
4. ATIVAFIT Adjustable Fitness Dial Dumbbell with Handle & Weight Plate
Though it’s not a familiar name to many fitness enthusiasts out there, these adjustable dumbbells make an excellent choice for seasoned weight lifters. It has a minimum weight of 11 pounds and is adjustable up to 71.5 pounds. Nonetheless, there’s a smaller version that adjusts from 5.5 to 55 pounds. Both have 5.5-pound increments. It’s quick and easy to change weights with the turn of a dial. Hence, you can switch faster from one exercise to another. The larger set, in particular, replaces up to 17 fixed weights. The smaller version, on the other hand, takes the place of up to 10 fixed weights. Overall, it saves a lot of floor space.
- Available in 71.5 and 55-pound sets
- Wear-resistant black polish
- Elegant and comfortable rubber handle
- The easy and quick dial system
- Storage stand
3. Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Single Adjustable Dumbbell
This is an upgrade of SelectTech 552. The dumbbell starts from 10 pounds and goes up to 90 pounds. What is more, it takes the place of up to 34 individual weights. As a result, it saves a great deal of space. The weights go up by 5-pound increments. And because of the more weight, it makes a handy choice for the strong leg muscles. There’s a dial that allows you to select your weight.
- 10 to 90-pound weight range is ideal for the strongest weight lifters
- 17 weight settings to choose from
- Simple dial weight-adjustment system
- Durable moulding minimizes noise
- Storage base
2. Dumbbells 2 X 52.5 LBS Adjustable Cast Iron Dumbbell Set
These dumbbells are of decent quality. The set uses sturdy cast iron plates to provide lasting durability. The handles are knurled to provide a relentless grip. So, even when you train with exposed hands, you still get a comfortable grip. This 105-pound adaptable set gives the correct weight you need to get into shape. And with increments that range from 1.25, 2.5, to 5 pounds, you get a versatile set that works for most muscle groups. Also, the set allows you to unscrew the weights and stack more on either end.
- Alters in increments of 1.25, 2.5 or 5 pounds making it ideal for learners and experienced weight lifters
- Knurled handles give a non-slip grip
- Sturdy cast iron plates
- Threaded collar for easy plate changes
1. Happybuy Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell for Building Muscle
Happybuy dumbbell is more than just an occasional maintenance set. Racking up to 90 pounds of adjustable weights, it makes a suitable choice for actual strength training at home. Additionally, the weight is adjustable from as low as 5 pounds in 2.5-pound increments. Hence, it’s ideal for progressive workouts. No matter whether you’re a beginner or serious weight lifter, this adjustable dumbbell set will suit you. Textured, soft-grip chrome handles give comfort and secure control. By the way, this dumbbell set has a unique dial system that combines 15 sets of weight into one adjustable dumbbell.
- 15 sets of weight into one adjustable dumbbell
- Unique dial system adjusts resistance in 2.5-pound increments
- Anti-slip chrome handles
- Handy stand for storage and easy access